Page 92 of 591 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
    You think he'll be underscale? Should I wait for a MP Megatron like Starscream and Prime were done up as?

No, do not wait, I have been seeing a lot of buzz that TakaraTomy is having problems in Japan selling the Transformers line and may pull out, look at Alternators Convoy disappearing and Kiss Convoy having no die cast metal, if TakaraTomy doesn't/can't continue marketing Alternators and Masterpiece sets, Hasbro won't continue to offer them because of the expensive mold costs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have no idea who / what Convoy or a KISS (the rock band?) Convoy is.

I do propose an SSG Covert Ops mission however: we send JediPartnr back to Japan to buy Transformers to keep Tomy/Takara in business and we use MySpace to make new Japanese friends and secretly subvert them into buying Transformers. Then we'll be alright and Ironhide, Kup, HotRod, Springer, Blur, Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, Scourge, some form of Soundwave, etc. will all be possible - and maybe Mirage will eventually ship!

They can also very cheaply repaint the MP Starscream as Thundercracker and Skywarp (repaints I'd actually buy).

you, my friend, aren't paying attention, as we've already explained this here. Convoy is the Japanese name for Optimus Prime, Binaltech (the Japanese brand of Alternators) Convoy was supposed to be the Japanese release of Alternators Optimus, except it didn't happen. Kiss Convoy (actually Kiss Play brand Convoy specifically, I don't know why it's called that) is the Japanese release of Optimus which comes with a little statue of a girl from Transformers, plus a surf board accessory that turns into a weapon/comb/thing.

Ironhide may be a good example of why Alternators' future is in question, the current Alt Optimus Prime figure was supposed to be Ironhide (I believe) but because there aren't pickup trucks in Japan, Takara didn't want to release a truck Alternator unless it was a majorly-recognizable character for their market, so they turned Ironhide into Optimus/Convoy... then Takara didn't even release the damn thing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, see what happens when I pay attention? I get depressing news!

That pickup would have been perfect for Ironhide or Kup, too!

I hope the Binaltech Broadblast (Skids repaint) gets a US release in that color (I keep turning down Skids) and the US version is "Blaster."

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I hope the Binaltech Broadblast (Skids repaint) gets a US release in that color (I keep turning down Skids) and the US version is "Blaster."
    skids is really cool... don't pass him up for another version that may/not happen...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Which would be more depressing though Tycho, knowing in advance or having it sprung on you by the time it's too late?

I doubt we'll get Broadblast here anytime soon, they'll probably remold the head and give it a totally different paintjob that fits with a Decepticon theme.

I think that mold would fit Ironhide well. I doubt the Dodge Ram will ever be Ironhide, Hasbro tends to not release repaints that are too similar to earlier versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I think that mold would fit Ironhide well. I doubt the Dodge Ram will ever be Ironhide, Hasbro tends to not release repaints that are too similar to earlier versions.

That sucks. Although wouldn't a metallic rust color (Ironhide) be different enough from basic cherry red (Prime)?

JT: depressing news is depressing news no matter when it's sprung on me - look at when Enterprise was taken off the air after all that struggle to keep it on.

I hope Skids doesn't get a Decepticon rehash. Broadblast / Blaster is still my best hope. However, an all-black Soundwave done out of the Scion mold might work. Might.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I hope Skids doesn't get a Decepticon rehash. Broadblast / Blaster is still my best hope. However, an all-black Soundwave done out of the Scion mold might work. Might.
    nah, the messed up if they were gonna make it into soundwave... the back hatch should've been the chest if they were gonna do that...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope