Page 3 of 585 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers thread, pt 2

Gentlemen... behold!

Alternator Bluestreak in box

TFU Blurr

aaaand a redeco Landmine already ( who clearly is meant to mirror Armada Hoist like Landmine mirrored Smokescreen. )

http://2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=42658

Bluestreak looks damn good.

Blurr I like. It's unusual for a Universe release to be so... hesitant with colors. He looks bright, but I suspect that is just the lighting.

I like this Landmine. The pastel blue has got to go though. This shouldn't be available for awhile... Christmas maybe?
    Last edited by Adam; 04-07-2004 at 01:42 AM.

Oh and I tottally forgot about Superlink Wing Saber, who combines with Prime. And looks spiffy If I do say so ma'self.

http://2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=42665

There have also been some Wal-Mart computer sightings I don't think we have discussed yet.

Energon:

Dlx - Kicker???

Mega - Grimlock/Swoop. This set I'm really interested in. For some reason some people feared this would be a repaint Cruelock and Divebomb, but that makes little sense at this price point. I was thinking that if these are Autobots.. when Powerlinking, Grimlock becomes the torso, and swoop becomes the arms/legs.

Supreme - Black Energon Omega??

TFU

DLX - Skyjack, Blurr(who I assume is the red repaint),

Ultra - Overbite w/Buzzclaw, Longhaul/Hightower, Bonecrusher/Scavenger. Popular theory is Universe Devestator for the latter. And I would say Cybershark/Skybyte with some basic for Overbit/Buzzclaw.

And prepare yourself.. FOR BATTLE IN A BOX! Ultra Magnus v. Treadshot, and Smokescreen v. Ransack.

http://2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=40583
    http://2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=40731

These four toys will be displayed in "dramatic car crashes" in two packs, and may possibly be a TFU Bigbadtoystore exclusive. All four for $39.99 which is not bad.

As for the figures them selves, Treadshot, well sucks. But that goes without saying. Ultra Magnus isn't bad. And Smokescreen.. I hate to admit it, but I like it. As bad as I think that mold should be, I still like it damnit. Ransack would be better if his legs were not brown like Hoist's. Hopefully the final product will be different.

Anyway, figures that haven't been put in a series or price point yet are : Duststorm, Barricade, Optimus/Megatron 2 pk(crazy theory here is the Dlx Optimus with the shorter Superlink Galvatron), Energon Kicker(repaint probably), Steamhammer, Sea Spray, Sledge, Wideload, Windrazor, and Superion Maximus.

Whew.

GAAAAH! TFU Blurr is bright red! If he's not really that bright in person, I'll probably go for it, but that is hard to look directly at.

Alternators Silverstreak looks not very special to me, so I'm on the "wait 'n see" thing now for that one.

Icecrusher Landmine looks alright except for the light blue bits, but I'm not sure how nice this will look in bot modes. If I didn't already have Landmine, I would consider this, but I really don't need 2.

I saw that Wingsaber image the other day and I really don't like what I'm seeing there - very Megazordy and I don't like either Alt or Bot modes at all.

Grimlock & Swoop set hasn't been on my mind much, I didn't even put them on my want/not-want list because I'm basically just waiting for some real details. If it's just a repaint of Divebomb & Cruellock, then it's about $5 short of value. I was thinking Divebomb and Battle Ravage should be repainted and released as Laserbeak and... Ravage. Of course, all the cassette fans will have an aneurysm there since there'd be no Soundwave, but still...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jeez, more new stuff today.

First - new Alternator. Honda S2000

On the Energon side of things there is: Basic-Raptor 2(which is probably Doom-lock again), DLX - Treadshot-Autobot van?? Towline repaint maybe?, Mega- redeco Cliffjumper, Optimus Limbs(wing saber perhaps?), Alpha Quintesson, Ultra- redeco Bulkhead, Super - Galvatron(this ones a no-duh)

And there are protos of the Armada Enerong Cyclonus and Demolisher repaints that are being claimed to have an American release at some point.

Now for TFU. First, we have the Cyberjets, which we have pics for already. I'll get to those in a sec. One of them, Space Case, is part of an Ultra set. He's partnered with Soundwave. Probably the Machine Wars mold. Airide is the other, and will be a deluxe I think. There's a listing for Cyberjets under dlx, so I'm guessing he's it. Probably come with minicons or something. The other "new" dlx is Ramulus. In the Ultra listing aside from Soundwave we have: Sonar, Optimus MINOR???(why do we need this one again. we dont!), Optimus Primal(probably big convoy), and Thrustor.

Oddly, there are some G1 listings that make little sense. Ultra Magnus, Red Alert w/ Starscream????, Ransack, minicon blackout, minicon crumplezone, Cyclonus. I'm guessing this is just mislabeled, these sound like the battle in a box and Energon repaints. Except for the RedAlert one. Got no idea there.

Airride and Space Case: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3187102349

Landmine redeco w/ robot mode: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3187100778

Demolisher: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3187099230

Cyclonus: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3187099722

Honda S2000, sounds pretty sweet. Hopefully he won't be as shell-oriented as Tracks & Side Swipe, there's less car there so it should prove easier to do like Smokescreen. Plus, it's just a cool car.

I thought the name "Treadshot" was going to a TFU figure coming soon.

Airride and Space Case look pretty slick, despite silly names. Kinda odd how the stealth one is an Autobot though, we need more Decepticons. Weren't some other Cyberjets used in 2 different RID 2packs a few years back?

Those 'G1' listings sound like Built To Rule sets to me.

If those are repaint Landmine's actual colors and not just half-colored Test Shot colors, then I'm really glad I got the original because that doesn't look so great in bot mode.

Oh, and I just changed the thread's title to something that hopefully will get more participation. I can't believe after what's all been happening with Transformers lately that we'd be the only 2 SSGers that want to talk about this stuff.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Yeah, and plasticfetish has been slacking off a bit too.

Treadshot's in one of the battle in a boxes, but they could still use the name in Energon. We'll see. It could be Towline's repaint.

Off topic a little, but I played the demo for Atari's Transformers and its actually pretty cool. Nice graphics and nice controls, although they take some getting use to. It's too bad that Optimus and Megatron are the only characters that use the VA's from the show, Hot Shot's voice just sounds weird.
    Last edited by Adam; 04-12-2004 at 04:03 PM.

They didn't use the other voice actors? That seems ridiculous! It's bad enough the transformations to alt mode are basically useless, but Red Alert & Hot Shot are characters you play as (right?) so they NEED their original voices. I hear the game looks good though. And Ben Yee's description of the party looked cool.

Any of you guys picking up the latest Heroes of Cybertron wave? Im pretty much caught up with them, with the exception of Optimus who ive passed up on a few times already. My favorite has to be Demolisher, one of my favorite Decepticons. But i like the new Megatron too. He looks better than previous ones in my opinion. My only complaint with this wave is that Coronation Starscreams arms shoots straight out. Looks kind of funny when placed among my other HOCs.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I haven't seen ANY of these in stores EVER, it's really weird. The only time I ever saw 'em was some overpriced marked-up scalper convention.

So what's new that's hitting shelves now or soon? I've been looking for any new Transformers, and the only thing so far I've seen was King Atlas at Kmart yesterday (which made me stick with my Machine Wars version, thank you very much ).

Uhm, I don't recall Demolisher being released in HoC...

HoC was/is exclusive to some stores. The only store that carries them here is Walgreens.

I got as many as I could, but everytime I would go look for them, the pegs would either be empty or full of wave 1..

JT - Arcee and Insecticon are out. They are hard to find because they are one per case. Mirage should be out sometime soon.