Page 4 of 565 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Im sorry i meant to say Devestator. I can only find them at ShopKos nowadays. I used to be able to run across a few at Walgreens, but they seem to have been replaced by the little Transformers that i first seen when the RiD cartoon (they come with a little tin they can be put inside of) first came out so i dont bother checking Walgreens now. Around here Optimus is the only one that doesnt move much. But i suppose i will need to get him in order to get the extra figures head.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yuck, 1 per case? That's lame. Which figs is it shipping with, wave 2? I guess I'll have to start looking through the older Basics again.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Energon is one of the few toylines around here with a serious release. I found Arcee and Insecticon at the same time. I like the Energon line as an improvement over Armada but the color schemes are extremely off-putting to me.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

Hmm, well I hit half a dozen stores today and no hint of either new Basic, or anything else new from Energon. Kind of a bummer.

Hasbro seems to have a real hate-on for good color schemes, when Kenner had control of the brand they were pretty tight about such things, but before and after that, it seems like the more control Hasbro has over a line, the more they want to go with outlandish colors that generally don't work and play well together. I've found that Energon's color schemes aren't generally terrible work, but that could be due to a lot of homages in the line, and they do seem to be losing their minds with some of the colors such as with Scorpo, Cruellock, Signal Flare, Bat Rav, and Fatimus.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Yeah, and plasticfetish has been slacking off a bit too.
    Hello? I heard that...
    I had to go out and get another job just to afford the Star Wars toys that I've been buying.
    Still not buying Energon... well OK, we did buy Ironhide and Divebomb. Divebomb is fun, but I just can't get into this line... it's weird. Arcee I'll get if and when I see it though. I dunno, maybe if we could keep up with the cartoon we'd be more into it... eh? I think once Hasbro gets on to something really all new... a line that doesn't seem to be just about 50/50 repaints from other past lines, then my interest will perk back up.

About that Transformers PS2 game... oh boy, I hope it is fun, because there's no way my kid's gonna let me pass on that one.

PF, I'm the exact opposite of you. I buy very few Star Wars figures these days, partly because I can't find them, and partly because I'm not interested in most of them.

Yeah, It's just another phase of the toy collecting hobby thing I suppose. Considering how many TFs I've bought over the past several years since Beast Wars started, I doubt I'll ever be completely done with it.

Transformers were one of the few lines that I always felt compelled to be a sort of completists with... for loose figures anyway. It's just gotten overwhelming with the different lines. We ended up with just about the entire Armada line, and then with Energon and Universe it just seems to be too much. That, and TFs are the one line that the "kid" really enjoys and gets jealous over when he sees I've bought something new for myself. So... I suppose I've paused my collecting to give him a crack at the toys, as I can't afford 2 or 3 of everything. With other lines like Star Wars... I can afford to take a few hits at $5 a pop, (since we don't see much anyway) but with TFs it's just too much buying 2 at $30 or $40 or whatever. I'll end up with a half dozen or so that I really like from Energon just to keep a good timeline going. That's always been my goal anyway -- to have good sampling from all of the lines, both U.S. and Japanese, all the way back to G1 and Diaclone.

Speaking of Japan... I may have a new source for Japanese toys... older ones I hope. A friend of mine just flew over to propose to his girlfriend. From now on he'll be flying back and forth a few times a year, and I'll be training him on what to look for (plastic, vinyl and diecast) at stores and swap meets in Japan. It could turn up some cool stuff... we'll see.

Did any one else catch the Energon 4 episode marathon a couple of weeks ago? I think it was episodes 8-11.

Wow, no, completely missed it. The schedule has been so confusing, I really have no idea where I left off or when a new ep will air.

Some interesting news out of Japan today. Apparently Takara is going to start there own Universe type line. But their line, Robomasters, will include heavily retooled, and resized figures. There's some good stuff here, check it out: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...m=2831&start=0