Page 5 of 586 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Those are interesting. I wonder what the packaging looks like... it's been ages since I bought a Japanese TF. I could see myself getting sucked into buying that Megatron.

---

On a slightly related note, speaking of Takara... I finally found a Microman Gatchaman Ken today! Nifty stuff! Just put him all together and it's crazy how much you get for around $7. I wish Hasbro/Takara would just break down and do a Transformers and Microman merge line. That would be very nice.

Re: Microman 2003 G-force/BOTP/Gatchaman figure, Yeah, that figure is great, I'm amazed at how well they got the face painted, and even though the cape is rigid, I still think it looks awesome. I love all the figures in that 2003 line and can't wait to track down this year's models (especially comicbook Batman).

As for these Takara Dlx-size figures, they look pretty cool, I'm especially impressed by 20th-style Prime & BW Primal. I doubt Hasbro will release these in the US, but they SHOULD.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I predict Hasbro will release the Prime and Starscream as part of the movie toys when the TF "live action" movie comes out.

Interesting theory.

So I checked the schedule, and I cannot find episodes of Energon airing past episode 10. Also, after ep 10 airs at the end of this week, it appears the show is not airing at all. Has Energon been canceled or put on hiatus?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hiatus. I remember hearing something about the VA's taking a vacation?

Energon Tow-Line gallery: http://www.52toys.com/gallery/energo...ine/index.html

Universe Decepticon "Jetfire"(probably will be renamed.): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...190124666&rd=1

Oh hey... I almost forgot, and I'm not sure what the interest level is, but TRU is blowing out BTRs for really cheap. $2 for the smallest to $10 for the Megatron set. At this price, they're almost worth it I suppose.

Still not worth it me thinks.

You know, I still ended up spending like $10 on a few of them for my son... hesitantly. Eh... good toys for the backyard I suppose.

---

OK. I fell off the Transformers wagon a bit tonight. My local Wal*Mart had Arcee, Insecticon and Demolishor on the pegs. I ended up buying all three. Ooof! So much for that.

They all looked really good, Insecticon very much so. I'm pulling them out and fiddling with them right now, so... more later.

I did a little huntin' and came up short. I did see TFU Ramjet again. I would probably have picked it up, if the minicons were recolored. Oh well.

Yeah, BTR is on clearance at my Targets as well, and I'm still not interested. Last week, when I picked up no toys at all from any line, I considered GI Joe BTR on clearance but ultimately passed. Now that I've read your quicky review PF, I'm glad I saved my money.

PF, I am SOOOOOOO jealous that you found these in LA and I didn't. LMK what you think of 'em all, especially Insecticon, I've been very disinterested but with not finding new TF lately, I've been considering it...

Thanks for the pics of Tow Line, that sucker is just BEGGING for a repaint, but looks good overall. I wonder why the photographer didn't transform the base though. And what's with the powerlinx combination points on the base, is this thing supposed to combine with the Deluxes alone like a walking battle base, or is it just being used as a way to attach the Tow Line robot to the Deluxes?

Universe Jetfire, keep that sucker away from me. Yow! I'm not seeing what the point of that is.