Page 7 of 595 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Well, I saw Demolisher today, and he didn't look as bad color wise as I thought. And because you both like him, I picked him. He's not bad, pretty good actually. His arms are too small though. Hypermode is cool, and he's got great articulation.

Went to a Wal-Mart and found the rest of wave three, that being Arcee, Insecticon and Mirage. I pretty much agree with you on the basics, so I won't say anything more.

Mirage is pretty good. He seems a bit loose, but he's got great articulation. The shell is removable of course, but I prefer to just have it stick straight up in bot mode. His hyper mode is kinda blah. I like the launchers on his arms though, and the minicon ports are nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    In Superlink, he IS renamed to Irontread.
    Well why didn't you say so in the first place? Kinda odd name though since he has no treads anymore.

Glad you like Demolishor, thank goodness for peer pressure, eh? I agree with you on his arms, I never really thought about them that way before but they are too small (and I think poorly used in the transformation scheme as well).

Nice find on Mirage, he's the one I haven't seen yet. I don't like Hasbro limping wave 3 out like this, it's not dignified for the line and destroys the excitement and momentum they've been building. Then again, aren't they like a month late on the latest Alternators figure?

So, what did you guys think of my TF idea?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    So, what did you guys think of my TF idea?
    Sounds good... I picture it looking kind of like a Mech Assualt bot. The launcher thing is what I like the most about Demolishor, so any variation on that theme is good by me.

Is this the same size as Demolishor or bigger?

That sounds pretty cool JT.

Thanks guys.

PF, I was hoping it'd be the same size as Demolishor, so pretty much any Energon figure could use the accessories alone without looking stupid while Ultra and larger figures would look good holding the connected rifle versions. It might be too much for a Deluxe, but I'd rather they cram it in there than use it in a $20 Mega where they'd want to add electronics and try to oversize the weapons to fire missiles in a futile effort to justify the price (damn I miss the $15 pricepoint size, that'd be perfect for this really).

BTW, got my replacement Battle Ravage in the mail yesterday, massive envelope and the bubble was smashed pretty bad, but the toy inside is intact. So Hasbro gets a gold star there.

I'm feeling a little antsy about getting more Deluxes, Tow Line & Downshift come to mind pretty quick; Sharkticon & Slugslinger didn't immediately come to mind but I do want 'em, it's just that their momentum kinda slumped. Mirage is like a cliffhanger, I don't want to get my hopes up there but I can feel him almost within my grasp; other Megas/Ultras on my list are Cliffjumper, Bulkhead, and Shockblast... and strangely, it's Shockblast who is on my mind the most out of all those.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well there is something about a bot that has a gunarm that can peirce any armor I guess.

More on Mirage: I didn't get to mess with him a whole lot before I commented on him, so I'll go a little more in depth. He has a strange elbow joint that is necessary for alt mode. It comes out looking off in bot mode unless you position it just right. His legs have an annoying tendency off popping off right above the knee. It happens way to easily. I like the way the did his feet are in reguards to transformation. They pretty much just folds back, and the leg supports unfold by themself.

One of the main detractions of this figure is his hollow chest. If you lift both arms up, you can see through the figure. The other negative aspect is the large chunks of kibble that hang on his back. On the box art and pictures on the back, it seems they just kind of trail behind him, but I prefer to have them sticking up.

His hyper mode is not that exciting. The same pop up missles in alt mode just pop up over his head. But it does give him plenty of firepower to work with.

Hmm, I hadn't heard almost any of that about Mirage, those are some serious issues for a TF collector like myself. The more I look at this figure's pics, then the price tag, then the issues that have been brought up... the more I think I'll be saving my $20 even though my Decepticons need reinforcements. Just too many little issues adding up for my tastes to enjoy.

Mirage hasn't been near me at all yet. I was sort of hoping to see it.

I did pick up Divebomb -- it's our second actually, the kid got him a while ago. I grabbed the version where both "wing" weapon things are blunt on the end. A nice toy. Fun to play with and very sturdy. I grabbed Strongarm as well. He's cool, relatively fun to fiddle with and looks good in bot mode, but getting him to stand up is a bit hard. The others I may pass on for a while now... on second look, they don't seem that great. (Still may grab Scorponok or Megs though.)

Been spending too much money... gotta slow down a bit.

Glad you dig Divebomb, I can't recommend that figure highly enough to friends and relatives and strangers on the street...

Strongarm stands on flat surfaces when you have his legs together, but when they splay apart, the small heelspurs come out of alignment. What I do to stand him at that point is move the toes (aka the windshields) up a little and reposition his legs to compensate, from there he can stand even on carpet.

I don't collect Transformers, but I used to a long time ago - had all the Generation 1's through Technobots era, that sort of thing.

I was thinking about picking up the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime. This looks like an excellent product. What do you think?

I also was a fan of the cartoon and the movie. I'm into characters more than I'm into whether "it's the coolest Transformer concept ever made."

But what I really like about Optimus is that he looks poseable like an action figure, while he's big enough and detailed enough that he can actually transform.

In light of there one day being a "live action" Transformers movie (keep hearing rumors that they are making this - is it true?) I figure this is the Optimus Prime I'd want in my collection.

If the figures were super-poseable and actually transformed, I'd also want:

Megatron
    Starscream
    Ironhide
    Jazz
    Hot Rod
    Kup
    Blurr
    Springer
    RC
    Wheeljack
    Bumblebee
    Mirage
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Scourge

Here's the thing though: super-poseable as action figures means that their elbows and wrists turn, their shoulders turn, their knees and ankles are articulated, possibly their waist too.

The new Optimus looks like he fits that bill. Does he?

Do you think they will make any of these other "main characters" that good.

I've also read issues about Megatron being a gun, so they won't do that anymore since he looks too much like the real deal and Hasbro won't do toy guns of that kind anymore. Is this true?

Can they make a Megatron transformer so good that he changes sizes - so that he's on scale to Prime as a robot, but shrinks so much when he changes into a gun that he can fit in Prime's hands - even if he's offscale?

Can Starscream be made so that he's an accurately sized jet next to Prime's truck, but he folds up enough as a robot to really be accurate in size to Prime and Megatron, hold Megatron as a gun, and still be articulate.

You can't deny that they could engineer this, right?

And Prime costs $65 - so why not produce it and make people pay for it.

If I like these super-realistic Transformers, do you have any other recommendations for me of product already released?

Ratchet looked pretty good the other day...