Page 9 of 596 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

His "weapons" are batteries, one turns into a shoulder-mounted launcher and the other turns into a pistol. Since they are batteries, yes, they go in the back. Good find on that one, Soundwave was always one of my favorites, and I only recently learned that there were MORE cassettes with other designs that are fairly rare... and that just made me want 'em all even more!

I couldn't get over the colors of G2 or the hollow feel some of them had, it made 'em seem cheap. I do like the designs of the auto-changing Machine Wars vehicles, Hoist/Hubcap (reused in RID and now here in RM) in particular is the best example of a real transformation of any auto-changer I know, things really look neat as panels move, parts change orientation, and the head reveals. But I'm not as much a fan of the jets simply because I hate Transformer jets that are from the school of design where alt mode is "jet on top and robot arms & legs are a large bulky attachment hanging on the bottom" like Armada & Energon Starscream, Armada Thrust is the only recent TF jet I can think of that avoids this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have you seen how much loose cassettes can go for on ebay? I plan on getting a couple...eventually but would prefer that Takara or even Hasbro would reissue a few, it would be much easier on the wallet. Since my other lines are at a slow period right now im going to be able to swoop up a few of the Beast Wars figures i missed out on. The pictures wouldnt come up on the links Adam provided so i dont know who all will reappear but its most likely that its none that i need.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Haven't seen the cassette prices in a while, but not surprising, they've always been fan favorites. I so badly wanted Takara to release a Soundwave set with EVERY cassette figure, but no dice.

Target North Hollywood had Megas on sale for $15 today, another great TF:Energon sale by Target, what's up with that?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At one of my local KBs I spotted "MicroMaster Defensor" today. Six small carded 'bots with accessories that join together to form a pretty nice looking but smallish robot figure. Each of the six was going for $3.99 which I decided was a bit steep at this point, and so I passed, even though it looks like a lot of fun.

They only had one set BTW, so I dunno how hard these are going to be to find. Mmmm. The more I think about it, the more I kind of wish I'd bought them now. (But I had to smog the car today instead.) I'd rather these came boxed as a set like the Japanese ones. Boxes are nice.

You can get the Japanese micromaster combiners including this one for around 20 bucks on the net. They're kinda neat, but there's other things I would want to buy first.

Yeah, exactly.
    The way it goes with KB, I figured I'd be seeing them for $1.99 soon enough anyway.

Went out to Wal-Mart where I last saw that 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, but he was gone and I left empty-handed.

I guess I'll buy the next time I see them. Some have said he's even on clearance at some Targets. I've only seen him at Wal-Mart to this date.

I saw this Transformers Guide Book hardcover in Wal-Mart's book section.

Dude! It was awesome. I don't think I'd buy this, but I think I'll find it at Barnes and Nobel and sit down and read it.

1) It provides an episode guide for every Transformers tv show made, plus the movie. This will explain to me what Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Armada, Energon stuff, everything is - and what their storyline is.

2) It provides up-to-date full color pictorials of all Transformers toys made up to the latest stuff on the store shelves right now! It discusses the name changes and everything, licensing issues, etc.

3) It provides the character bios of all the heroes and villains and even covers the Quintisons, Unicron, etc.

4) Prime and Megatron are covered including all their toy and cartoon incarnations. I mean it probably even mentions Orion Pax!

Even if you don't buy books or can't read beyond Fun With Phonics, I'd recommend you stop by Wal-Mart's books or go to a Borders, B&N, or whatever and check this out just to look at the pictures!

There's even fictional cut-away guide pages (like Incredible Cross-Sections in SW books) that describe how the Transformers can transform in their fictional universe!

Dude. I'm planning to go back to the bookstore this weekend and do some reading and I'm hardly the hardcore fan you guys are. I just do a little bit of hero-worshipping on the part of an Optimus Prime fan.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Even if you don't buy books or can't read beyond Fun With Phonics...
    F you!!!

Is this the book that comes in a plastic bag? Ive seen something like it at the comic shop i frequent but as its in the bag i cant look over what i would be purchasing. Maybe i will hit up a Barnes and Noble sometime this week and look it over.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Oh yeah, I forgot, I saw those micromaster Defensor sets at a couple KBs the last few days. I had no idea they were SO small though, I was expecting them to be the size of a Minicon. Between the fact that they're itty bitty, they come with shellmaster kibble junk, and they are overpriced, I am almost certainly going to pass.

PF, you've got a good point, Hasbro could just as easily have done these as a $15 or $20 boxed set and they would have been MORE appealing than awful KB single-cards (sorry, but I don't respect the way they marketed these).

Tycho, keep checking your WMs, I've seen a LOT of 20th Op lately at WM, each store had 3 at least. Check the undershelves and the top shelves, the employees don't generally know where to put these things and end up hiding them. The Target version is risky because it usually is the gray rifle variant (which I don't prefer).

Dave van Domelan reviewed the TF Ultimate Guide, but doesn't sound like my cup of tea since the non-SW Ultimate Guides have kinda cheesed me off in the past (the 007 is good, but leaves out so much that it gets annoying after a while).

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Is this the book that comes in a plastic bag? Ive seen something like it at the comic shop i frequent but as its in the bag i cant look over what i would be purchasing. Maybe i will hit up a Barnes and Noble sometime this week and look it over.
    It wasn't in a plastic bag at Wal-Mart, but a loose, hardcover, pretty much as the DK StarWars Incredible Cross-Sections and Visual Dictionaries are displayed.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.