Page 10 of 566 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    PF, you've got a good point, Hasbro could just as easily have done these as a $15 or $20 boxed set and they would have been MORE appealing than awful KB single-cards (sorry, but I don't respect the way they marketed these).
    The worst thing is that if you go looking and someone has bought one of them, and left the other five, then you're gonna have a hard time completing the set. I just don't know what the point of selling them separately is. The original Japanese version (not the Sixturbo little Takara boxed things) came as a boxed set. It seems like the only decent way to do it.

Adam, are they Japanese "originals" that are going for that much, or those 2002 little boxed ones? Is there another release version that I don't know about?

Tycho, I saw that book on Amazon. It's going for around $17 there ($25 retail.) Looks like something my son would really dig. He reads at a second grade level right now, so I think it'd be fine. BTW, it's "Hooked on Phonics", not "fun with phonics.

They are in individual boxes(so the 2002 ones), but I don't think they were in the mystery boxes.. I can ask someone who actually has them and find out for sure if you want.

Hey Tycho, what Ratchet were you refering to a couple of pages ago??

Remy has three new galleries of goodness:

Cliffjumper: http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act227/

Shockwave. Er, Shockblast: http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act228/

Powerlinx Cliffjumper: http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act229/

When Cliffjumper is repainted, I hope they give him a G1 Beachcomber scheme.

I bet Tycho is referring to the TFU Ratchet, a repaint of the RID X-Brawn figure.

Oh man, Cliffjumper's colors look even worse than ever! What living waste of space green-lighted this colorscheme?!? And this is the first time I've seen Shockblast's arms in any sort of real setting, Hasbro hid how long that left arm really was, it's ridiculously over-the-top, Hasbro should have included a real arm inside or an extra "normal" arm to swap it out. What's happened to this line? Last year it was starting to come together nicely, but this year it seems to be falling apart.

BTW, from the back, Cliffjumper as pants reminds me of Prowl as a shirt.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmm, I dunno JT, they seem fine to me.

You know, I kind of like both of them. I'll wait until I get them in my hands to say for sure, but I think these two are OK. I'm not a fan of the vehicle modes for most of the Energon stuff, and these two -- Cliffjumper and Shockblast -- are much the same. The crazy "Mad Max" offroad vehicle thing and the space station (?) vehicle thing seem to be a stretch. I kind of dig the robot modes for both of them though. As far as Shockblast's big arm goes, I'm pretty sure that's what I like the most... it's very odd, maybe just the right amount of absurd machinery.

I dont like Cliffjumpers color scheme, but it all depends on whether my brother likes him or not. But i do like Shockblasts look so i will most likely pick him up for myself to go along with my three other Energon figures. The big arm doesnt bother me at all, the only thing i dont like about it is the dark green coloring, but that probably wont harm him enough for me to pass.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Nothing to do with Energon but since the title says "and beyond" i figured i could speak about other Transformers related product, such as Battle Beasts. Does anybody collect any? I just got four in from ebay and although they dont have much poseability i really like them. Im a sucker for warrior animal types, hence my immense love of the Beast Wars over other Transformer lines. I plan on getting a few more, but will probably stop around 15 of them.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Battle Beasts? I have no idea of what you speak.

Oh, and it looks like Hasbro is doing "Transformers: Cybertron" next year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.