Page 11 of 592 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Battle Beasts were the Hasbro version of the Takara "Beast Formers" toy line. Kind of a He-Man meets Kinnikuman (M.U.S.C.L.E.) kind of thing. In Japan they were part of the Headmaster TV series.

kool-aid killer, once you start collecting them, you're probably gonna be in it for the whole set. I think there's something like 76 in all. I have no idea how many there are from the Takara line -- probably more. Good luck.

Wow, they are what I thought he meant. I was sure that couldn't be it since I didn't know there was any Transformers connection at all. I was way into MUSCLE so I didn't dig these as much (plus, they weren't anywhere near as affordable).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Shockblast and Cliffjumper are now available a BBTS. Bulkhead was too, but he sold out in less than an hour. All three should be trickling into stores soon.

Since i bought Soundwave at the antique store i briefly fought off the urge to get some cassettes for him, but i failed. I won Slugfest and Overkill about a week or so ago and they came in last night. Both have their stickers intact and weapons are in awesome condition. I like Slugfest a bit more, Overkills weapons are a pain to stick in the hole, whereas Slugfests fit in easily. They also came with their bios, transforming instructions, and power meter thingy. With my other lines want lists being cut down and therefore freeing up more money, im probably going to start picking up figures that ive always wanted (such as the Dinobots and other cassettes) since i cant imagine Hasbro and/or Takara releasing reissues in a quicker manner and with the figures i want.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Forgot to mention that Remy put up a couple Energon Omega Supreme galleries.

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act230/

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act231/

This thread is bouncing all over the place!

JT, I would highly recommend the Ultimate Guide. It's not quite as complete as it could be, but is an excellent reference resource. It's written by Simon Furman, who's probably the greatest TF writer of all time, and creates a sort of "definitive" timeline that combines elements of the cartoon, Marvel comics, and Dreamwave comics, as well as explaining some of the connections with Beast Wars. There are all sorts of details that are completely new and very cool, like maps of Cybertron (and even a picture of Primus (Cybertron) in the robot mode we never knew he had!), pre-history of the Transformers, details on the beginning of the Civil War, etc.

And I'm not quite clear: how did Battle Beasts relate to Transformers? Was the duck Bumblebee?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Jon Hartman dropped by on 2005 late last night and posted some new figures from Wal-Mart computers.

Energon Basic
    -------------
    80262 Command Ravage
    80263 Treadshot Jet
    80264 Sky Shadow Jet
    80265 Sledge Gestal(t)
    80266 Dust Storm Ge(stalt)
    80267 Windrazor Jet
    80268 Terradive Jet
    80269 Storm Cld Cop(ter)
    80273 Kickback G.Ta (Gestalt Tank)
    80274 Bonecrushr Ges(talt)
    80275 Wideload Cons(truction)
    80276 Raptor G-Copt (Gestalt Copter)
    80277 Scattor Shot

Energon Deluxe
    ---------------
    80964 Storm Jet Gestalt
    80965 Steamhammer Gestalt
    80966 Barricade /Gestalt M (?)
    80967 Skywarp Interceptor
    80968 Road Block

Energon Mega
    -------------
    80261 Alpha-Quintess(on)
    80600 Dreadwing (Mirage redeco)
    80620 Beachcomber (Cliffjumper redeco)
    80630 Superion Maxi(mus - Wingsaber)
    80970 Six Shot (Shockblast redeco)
    80971 Jetfire Redec(o)

Energon Ultra
    -------------
    80254 Bulkhead
    80280 Landquake (Landmine redeco)
    80281 Quickst(rike - Bulkhead redeco)

Energon Supreme
    ----------------
    80279 Omega (Supreme - redeco)

Universe Deluxe
    ---------------
    80969 Ramu(lus)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Was the duck Bumblebee?
    Are you talking about "Run Amuck Duck?" My favorite is "War Weasel" though "Killer Carp" comes in as a close second.

-----

That's quite a list there Adam. That's all stuff for next fall/2005 I'd suppose?

After the "Diagnostic Data" debacle from the Star Trek:TNG line, I don't trust WM computers, so I'd be REALLY shocked if we got a Mega-sized Alpha-Q figure. And yes, I know I'm holding a grudge for a decade now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's quite a list there Adam. That's all stuff for next fall/2005 I'd suppose?

Not sure, but I expect to see a lot of it at OTFCC next month. I'm most interested to see the nature of the "gestalt" basics.