Page 13 of 581 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

I don't recall which states, but if you don't believe me I can look through 2005 and find out where.

Wing Saber makes Armada Overload seem articulated. He's deffinately meant to be combined. I think he looks cool just standing there, and I like his combo with Prime quite a lot.

Interesting note: Sharkticon, Tow-Line and Energon Strongarm(repaint) are all being released in Japan as USA editions.. which means they probably won't be in the show.

Oh. Heh. Lot's of new proto's here, including Grimlock and Swoop.. I won't comment too much though, I don't like to judge these things from bad pictures.

http://www.tfw2005.com/article2191.html

I don't however think these will be for "TF: Cybertron." It's just way to early me thinks.

Thanks to El Chuxter, I finally have Optimus Prime 20th Anniversary Edition!

This is the greatest Transformer I have ever owned.

It is currently my only one, but I'd collected everything from Generation 1 complete up through the Terrorcons, Trypticon, and Skylynx back in the old days.

Prime 20 is the coolest thing I've ever transformed and could kick Metroplex's butt any day of the week - or any of the Triple-Changers for that matter!

I will now probably get him some Alternators for friends, though I'd long for a scale size F-15 that turns into the 20th Anniversary Starscream!

The money for that, and for Optimus Prime, would be / is worth it!

Thank you for your reviews guys, and thanks to El Chuxter.

This was a lot of fun joining you all. I think I'm transforming now!

- Tycho
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's not that I disbelieve you Adam so much as I haven't heard of any sightings of those on any of the sites I visit except at etailers.

I'm not surprised Strongarm repaint isn't in the show.

I'm a little surprised that Grimlock looks like he'll be able to powerlink with the other deluxe Autobots, that's hard to picture in my head.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hit the local WMs, Targets, & TRUs yesterday and came up woefully dry (except for finding out the local WMs have way too many Megatrons), but I did notice something - the basic figures all had orange stickers that were advertising the Energon cartoon on Cartoon Network, and what amazed me most was that they were advertised at 6:30am!!! What corporate moron thought this was worth spending the extra money to make up the stickers (and pay employees to apply them) for such a terrible timeslot?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No. That's friggin' crazy with the stickers -- 6:30am sucks! Almost as bad as 11pm or whatever time they put the new Gundam Seed show on. Grrrrr. But, OH YEAH... Scoobie Doo is on all day long, don't wanna mess with that line up.

Well, I went to the store to buy Smokescreen and Sideswipe (they're at every Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU here) but I left empty-handed.

I was looking to see what figures are on scale to the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, but these alternators are not.

You know how I could tell? The tire size. Prime's tires should be larger (not smaller) than any cars.

So Prime is probably best to scale with Transformers Universe figures - Ratchet coming to mind as one possibility.

Who else? (That looks like a REAL vehicle, and that transforms into a good, articulate robot?)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hum, Ratchet is tiny compared to Prime though.. If you're looking for realistic cars, then you might as well check out the rest of the Car Brothers. One of which Ratchet came from.

Wal-Mart had Sideburn(Dodge Viper), and Prowl(Police Lam) exclusives and has been clearancing them.. they're not the best decos of those two molds though. Good alt modes and great articulation though.

Don't let the pics on this site turn you off, this guy doesn't seem to pose his figures very well..

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Sideburn/sideburn.htm

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/X-Brawn/x-brawn.htm

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Prowl/prowl.htm

I would still recommend getting Alternators to go along with Prime over those though. I just checked my 20th Prime and his tires are bigger than my Alternators..

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=view&alb...e=1000&start=0
    Last edited by Adam; 06-30-2004 at 04:36 AM.

Forgot the reason I came to post.

Energon Inferno's repaint will also get remolded.. to a Grapple homage.

http://www.2005boards.com/showthread...7&page=1&pp=15

I have to say that I like this one a lot, remolding is goodness.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-30-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Adam,

THanks so much for the pics!

The Alternators are so superior to the Universe line it isn't funny!

I think you sold me on those.

The Universe figures...

X-Brawn has the most appeal to me. He has the best face, robot, and is the most realistic looking vehicle.

Sideburn is next.

Prowl is a late third. Maybe it's the pictures, but he's far behind the other two in realism, a feasible, strong looking robot, and having a cool face, close in proximation to the cartoon character.

No, I think the Alternators might make the better collection.

Any pics of all of them with 20th Prime in vehicle mode?

(and dude, Prime was so WORTH IT! He is truly awesome and the best toy I've bought all year for 2004!)

If Toyfare doesn't give the toy of the year to Prime, it will be a shame.

There are more galleries of Binaltech/Alternators here: http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/bt-at.php

Remy takes some really great pictures.