Page 16 of 578 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Tycho, I'd accept a tank for Megs & a jet for Starscream in a different scale, but I think the pricepoint would have to be no more than $40 each and even that's pushing it, and they can't be too small but they don't need as detailed interiors.

Also, there's no way I'd accept Starscream as an F-14 Tomcat, that's what Jetfire is!!! I see no reason to change Starscream's G1 alt-mode anyway, the F-15 is still in service; or a MiG-29 could be used (although I have a feeling countries that actually fly MiGs, and that's a LOT of 'em, might not like the implication of changing Starscream's altmode to something we in the US feel is more sinister ).

Adam, I kinda saw it coming with Hound, but what specifically makes him weaker? What makes Silverstreak so much better than the others as well?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hound's main issue is the same issue with Energon Mirage. His chest is hollow. I still like him, but if I had to pick my least favorite, it would be Hound.

Bluestreak I prefer over Smokescreen purely for the headsculpt.

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that Hound's torso is hollow, it doesn't look that way in any of the photos I have. Well, no moreso than Smokescreen's. Or do you mean that you can see through it from the side more than Smokey's? That WOULD be a problem for me.

BTW, anybody know if the recent rumor of a proper blue Tracks figure coming out is true?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tracks the Corvette was one of my favorite Autobots when I was a kid - for the toy. His character was sort of an illetist prick. But I used to have fun making him do sneaky side deals with the Decepticons in exchange for a wash, wax, and polish.

There's a proto for blue tracks, so we may see them both.. a running change maybe? I'll get them both, and make yellow a new character.

Clicky this: http://2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=50793 to see two of the main body figures of upcoming gestaults.. there's more in the 2005 news forum.

Would Tracks be an Alternator?

BTW: I just got Smokescreen. He's alright! I'm glad I bought him.

Tracks, alternator, yes. I'll get yellow Tracks too, but I won't be glad about it. I'm not happy at all right now with this stupid dashboard swap on Silverstreak who is already a double-dip from Smokescreen - this double-dipping might hold up in Japan where they are ravenous for collectibles and will buy Smokey 7 and 8, but that's not me.

Steamhammer there reminds me of Armada Scavenger, though the head reminds me of one of the RID Build Team. Storm Jet (one of my least-favorite TF names) looks interesting too, but a little too bricky.

JT - do you mean to tell me that Silverstreak is a Subaru Impreza from the same transformers mold as Smokescreen that I just bought? (the Alternator)?

That sucks. Alternators are supposed to be totally unique stand-alone, one-of-a-kind cool Trans.

But Hasbro is going to make a Tracks alternator and then repaint it yellow and call it another character?

Who in their right mind thinks a yellow corvette looks good anyway?

(Tracks, in a break from cannon, ought to be a black Corvette anyway).

Smokescreen is a WRC, the racing version of the WRX street car (although Smokey's interior is the WRX). Silverstreak is a retooled version of the Smokescreen mold to make him a WRX, there are changes to various body panels and the grill and the bot's head - it's not as if TF hasn't done this since day 1, Generation 1's first 2 years were packed with this sort of thing (except without the tool changes a lot of the time, so this is better than that). They're doing the same thing with SideSwipe's mold to make a new Decepticon, and that fig's alt mode even gets a hardtop. Personally, I too would have preferred all new figures each time rather than color & mold changes, but Hasbro & Takara want more mileage out of these rather expensive designs.

I don't know what the deal is with Yellow/Blue Tracks, I hoped they'd just release the blue version but most likely they will do something else. I can't imagine them releasing the blue version and NOT calling it Tracks though.

BTW, in Japan, Smokescreen shipped as the #7 Subaru Rally racer and the #8, with authentic changes to the driver names and flags. Hasbro says we may see that eventually, but not right away.