Page 17 of 581 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Hmmm. You're right about Gen1: Ratchet / Ironhide, and I think Prowl, Bluestreak (wasn't it Bluestreak, not Silverstreak back then?), Sideswipe (Lamborghini) and Red Alert (Lamborghini), etc.

I just thought Alternators would respect "adult collectors" more than that.

Sucker for these as I may be, while I may not be a completist one day (a yellow corvette? yuck) - I think I will buy Silverstreak because I checked my pictures of him from the site Adam directed me to and from The Transformers Archive with pictures from the old catalogs, and in the greater scheme of things I like Silverstreak the way they did him for Alternators.

No - I will not buy Decepticon cars! I'll skip being a completist there. Decepticons are JET PLANES so I'll be asking Hasbro for them at Comic Con.
    I want my $65 Starscream at an approximate F-15 size range! Make him 20th Prime size. D's should be big and intimidating next to Bots.

BTW, this site is really cool - go to TOYS in the main menu and then find the catalog scans amonst the lists of toys with detailed images.

The old catalog scans are great. I used to use them as my checklists back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Decepticons are JET PLANES so I'll be asking Hasbro for them at Comic Con.
    Whoah!

I never thought about being able to ask Hasbro questions about Transfomers, or any other toy line other than Star Wars actually.

Hmmmm.

The Decepticon car IS a Stunticon.. without the Menasor thing.

Stunticons are not Stunticons if there aren't 5 of them and they can't combine into Menacor!

Hasbro taught this to me 17 years ago. You mean they were right then and wrong now? We should move this to the Rancor Pit because I detect a flaw in our beliefs and faith in our religion.

Autobots, stay devout and roll-out!

Wave 1 of Robotmasters was released in Japan today:

http://www.pbasehk.com/AMONtheBrave/NEWS

Talking to Hasbro about anything is like trying to shake hands with a bowl of goldfish all at once. One rep says "ooh, here's what we're doing" and then 10 others go and do the exact opposite. Every time someone tells me about a discussion they have with Hasbro folks at cons, I think about the Micro Machines line or a few other little choice cuts where they say one thing and do another.

Anyway, yeah, it used to be Bluestreak, but Hasbro lost the rights to that name. They seem to have done that a lot, sloppy work or something, they lost "Hot Rod", how generic a word is that?!? Yet they lost it.

Anyway, from G1 year 2's catalog, here are repaints (or slight remolds): Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, Sideswipe/Red Alert, Ironhide/Ratchet, Hoist/Trailbreaker, Inferno/Grapple, Laserbeak/Buzzsaw, Rumble/Frenzy, and Starscream/Dirge/Ramjet/Skywarp/Thundercracker/Thrust. There were only 72 entries total, and more than a quarter of them (22) were redecos.

I personally can accept Decepticons as more than just jet planes, but they generally are war machines or destruction machines, not just more cars.

As for RobotMasters, nice to see they got out even if I'm not crazy about that packaging, but the pic of Energon Downshift in Japanese packaging looks mega badarse! Hasbro should have carded the US version straight down instead of at an angle, though even then it's still not as cool as that box. That's the first Superlink figure I've instantly been tempted to get over the US, and all based on the packaging.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are those repaints?

It looks like they totally resculpted Slingshot, AirRaid, Silverbolt, etc.

Those are new sculpts for Energon. Not brickish G1s.

Sadly, if you look at them, there are only 3 molds per combiner. Two of the limbs are repaints...

Also, this thread has the repaints for Ironhide and Jetfire. Jetfire is pretty good, Ironhide is.... weird. Houndish, but the mustard yellow and blue ruin it.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1968751

You can also see a very small pic of Starscream's repaint on BBTS main page. It look's to be pretty G1ish in color.
    Last edited by Adam; 07-16-2004 at 12:05 AM.

Those gestalts look bad to the bone! Finally, a Bruticus that doesn't embarass the hell out of me. I don't mind the recycled vehicles too much, RID did similar stuff with 2 of the Build Team. The way Superion is put together is not quite as cool but still ok, and I dig how sleek the various elements look. The part that I think looks the best in these preview pics though, both bots, is the heads which look to have a lot of character.

Weird how Starscream repaint isn't up in their full-sized pics yet. The colors look good, but somehow not on that mold. Maybe it'll look different full-sized though.

I can't get that ADC thread to load, but if the pics are the same as the ones on BBTS, then I think the repaint of Jetfire is just as ugly as the original, except in a different way. But I am still digging this new look for Ironhead... er, "-hide". Digging it compared to the old version, for sure, I'll be getting this to link with Cliffjumper. There seems to be a difference between the BBTS images and the older image of Ironhide repaint I have though, the older one features olive drab paint on the fenders while this new pic has white - hopefully we get the olive drab version in the states.

Finally, seen the new BT-09 pics on BBTS? They're not of the toy at all, but they claim the toy will look similar. That Mini-Cooper's transformation scheme looks pretty slick, so I hope they're right.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.