Page 19 of 588 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Alternator Fans:

I saw Tracks, Meister, Hound, Dead End, Silverstreak, etc. all in person.

They all rock! Tracks and Meister (especially Meister) are incredible!

The quality is there.

I spoke with the head designer that works on these. He said Alternators are the easiest to do: the cars come ready-made. They just have to figure out how to get them to transform.

Decepticons: non-combining Stunticons and Combaticons are fair game.

Licensing for "Evil Decepticons" might be more difficult because of the Alternators being based on real company products. JediTricks was right.

However, for Decepticons, companies that are having public relations troubles might ante up for the royalties. A "Starscream that transforms into Martha Stewart is being considered."

They laughed but liked my idea of oil rigging platforms, the Exxon Valdez, a rainforest slasher, etc. and the idea of teaching kids values with the products and the autobots saving the Earth's environment. They doubt they could get licensing if they were up front with companies and told "Caterpillar" or "Exxon" that they were making Evil Decepticons out of their products though. It's not being ruled out though.

They'd like to do an "annivesary" scale alternator for Starscream. They would pursue McDonnel-Douglas F-15 licensing rights for it though.

Megatron as a gun CAN be done, but there is a huge amount of legal work that must be filed and won before it would happen. Hasbro doesn't see it as worth the money. The gun would not be scale to Autobots and then transform to a similar scale for the robot mode. That's impossible.

Andy, fomerly the head of the SW Team, is behind Transformers today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Andy, fomerly the head of the SW Team, is behind Transformers today.
    Isn't that a weird coincidence? I collect TFs obsessively for years and then suddenly stop because they don't hold my interest anymore. At the same time, Star Wars toys get much better, re-grabbing my attention and enthusiasm.

Hmmm... how odd.
    plasticfetish.net

They could possibly do a 20th Op-quality Megatron based on the Cybertronian design from the War Within mini-series. In this, he looks quite a bit more beefy, and turns into a high-tech tank.

I could even live with a high-quality Generation 2 tank Megatron.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Who's Andy? Aarron Archer heads up Transformers at Hasbro.

Devestator is a 'con there JT.

I really want the Prowl/Checkpoint 2-pack.. there's no Kmarts here anymore though.

And Beachcomber is AWESOME!

TNI/TFORMERS Day 1: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=600&start=0

Figures.com day 1: http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showgalle...at=1408&page=1

OH MY GOD. The Prime/Overload set is SCARY. And why the heck is it in Energon, that paint scheme screams UNIVERSE. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Who's Andy? Aarron Archer heads up Transformers at Hasbro.
    Andy Esplanshade (sp?), brand manager of Star Wars, then Micro Machines, now working over onTransformers. I've heard 3 different points of independent confirmation on this one, so I am pretty sure that's true.

Yeah, now that I've seen clearer pics of Devastator Landfill, I can see the Decepticon logos.

Spotted Crystal Widow vs Oilslick set last night at Kmart, seems like a nice enough TFU set but I don't need yet another Blackarachnia figure, and Nightbeat (the minicon) isn't repainted at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talked to Aaron Archer (If I'm remembering correctly) at Comic-con today. He gave me the word on the Transformers live action feature -- and the word is that it's a GO! It'll be done by Paramount and Dreamworks SKG -- and Steven Spielberg will Executive Produce it. (He did NOT say that Spielberg was directing it.)

Cool? Yep!

He said that the toy line would basically shift it's entire focus toward the film when the time came. They seemed very, very excited by the whole thing.

Me too!

(More stuff in a bit. I took some toy pics and asked him a bunch of other things also. BTW Omega Supreme look friggin' great in person. )
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Alternator Fans:

I saw Tracks, Meister, Hound, Dead End, Silverstreak, etc. all in person.

They all rock! Tracks and Meister (especially Meister) are incredible!
    Cool, ive seen picks and they look to be awesome. Add to that a picture of a Grimlock Alternator has shown up and my interest in this line is sky high. Plus Predaking ( ) is said to be Takara reissue #17 with multiple online sites having him up for preorder. Im not going to take the jump yet, still sounds too good to be true but if it is im on cloud nine. Looking thru the photos i see a recolored Cruellock. I like how he looks so me thinks he will join my Energon figures once i see him.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Grimlock Alternator? You're kidding, right?