Page 20 of 586 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120520 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

OK, here's just a few pics that I took at Comic-Con...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tf01.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	8730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tf02.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	8731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tf03.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	8732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tf04.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	8733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tf05.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	8734  

plasticfetish.net

Grimlock Alternator: Hasbro is abusing the names of characters the cartoon show established for us (and them to market their darn products in the first place).

Grimlock is a Mustang. OK, a muscle car. Whatever that means exactly. But isn't a Corvette a muscle car? So how can Tracks and Grimlock be in the same category? They're such different characters.

I told JediTricks my idea for a Grimlock that's a Mustang Alternator: have the car turn into a dinosaur!

Grimlock prefers his dino mode anyway. That would be a sweet new way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Grimlock Alternator: Hasbro is abusing the names of characters the cartoon show established for us (and them to market their darn products in the first place).

Grimlock is a Mustang. OK, a muscle car. Whatever that means exactly. But isn't a Corvette a muscle car? So how can Tracks and Grimlock be in the same category? They're such different characters.

I told JediTricks my idea for a Grimlock that's a Mustang Alternator: have the car turn into a dinosaur!

Grimlock prefers his dino mode anyway. That would be a sweet new way to do it!
    Tycho, that's a fantastic idea...I can't see how it could be done though, considering how large the T-Rex head and tail are.

Then make Grimlock a Hummer that turns into a dinosaur and make Wheeljack a Mustang or something.

Actually, I'd save a Hummer to be a Decepticon, hehe.

Like I replied to Tycho in PM, Hasbro's tried the Transformers that don't have bot modes before and they're generally quite unpopular. That's one I certainly wouldn't buy.

The Corvette is not exactly a muscle car, it's a sports car. I think the difference is that a sports car is sleek and fine-tuned and aerodynamic, while a muscle car uses brute force to get up to speed instead. The Dodge Viper is a car that straddles the line between the 2 I think.

I don't think we can save any mold for just Decepticons in this line, the companies don't like the idea of their product licensed to be the bad guy, and using the mold only once is considered a waste of money.

Nice to see the BW Neo Big Convoy that'll be coming out in the TFU line soon, that's a piece I've been wanting for a while and I'm really not minding this color scheme over the classic Optimus scheme the original had (I'm just a little sick of the red, gray, blue thing these days). I can't wait to have Big Scourge or whatever they're calling him trample my Energon figs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Spotted Omega Supreme & the 2 Role Play weapons yesterday at WM. OS was $48.78 and I was tempted, but had a bunch of toys already that I was getting and had to pass. If I ever see him on sale for $40 or $35 (or less) I'll pick him up on the spot.

The Autobot role play weapon looks like your standard Nerf gun, nothing special about it from what I could see. Megatron's sword looks pretty neat though, it has a collapsable blade similar to the SW lightsabers, and flip-out blades at the hilt, I am waiting to hear a review from someone else first though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw those two weapons at W*M today also, and yeah the sword's cool -- but that "Energon Blaster" is gonna freak my son out. He's gonna go nuts.

I'm trying hide it from him until his B-day in October though. (If he gets hold of one before then, I'll let you know how it is.)
    plasticfetish.net

Thanks for the links Adam. Im really liking Energon Grimlock and Swoop as individual figures. I like Swoops color scheme, something a little different looking than his G1 figure. I think Grimlock looks awesome. Combined they look like crap to me. Im not impressed by the head on it so these guys will be staying apart. Piranacon sounds interesting, but i dont like the orange on his various parts so i may hold off on him and wait for a clearance price. Meanwhile nothing new in my stores, though TRU did lower the price on their reissues.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay