Page 21 of 593 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Is Silverstreak out yet?
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

so, wait... tracks IS going to be blue???!!!

i like the idea of the grimlock mustang. JAZZ (none of this 'meister' jive!) looks pretty cool. hopefully they do some decals or something... maybe like the hydrogen powered version of the rx-8 like here

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.m...num=1&num=1792
    Last edited by darthvyn; 08-01-2004 at 02:50 PM.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Don't know if anyone's spotted this, but I finally scored myself a Unicron (the kid got one ages ago) last night at Target because they had them marked own to $14. Nice! So, if you're looking to grab one or to grab another, better hurry.
    plasticfetish.net

Alternators Silverstreak is definitely out in the US, shipping with Hound I believe.

PF, what is it about the Energon Blaster he's gonna dig? You're not the only collector I know who has had nice things to say about it.

Sorry Adam, can't be helped sometimes. I too really want new TF, so seeing OS was more of a downer than anything because I couldn't get him. Check the top shelves of your WMs, that's where I saw 'em at the 2nd store I visited.

I went through the BWTF gallery earlier, I really REALLY like the repainted Mirage (now 'Dreadwing'), very military-looking and unified. I don't care for the new packaging look, nor most of the repaints. Energon Devastator looks kinda weak compared to the other 2 Energon Gestalts. Galvatron is awful. The Starscream repaint looks slick, like the current version is the "shadow" and the repaint is the "whole" one. I hate to say it, but this Kicker & Highwire set looks kinda cool to me even though it's not the Microman fig. Alpha Q really surprised me, I can't wait to see more of that just on sheer curiosity. Grimlock & Swoop look way crappy to me, and their combined mode is 10 times worse. Anything I forgot to mention (possibly because I didn't see it)?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    PF, what is it about the Energon Blaster he's gonna dig? You're not the only collector I know who has had nice things to say about it.
    It's a big gun with an autobot symbol on it that shoots darts.

I think the sword is much cooler looking -- but frankly, we've got tons of swords and sabers already, so he'll dig the blaster. (Not that we don't have a few too many blasters either I suppose.) I think the thing is really kind of lame looking, but I know what the kid likes. He's asked about TF weapons in the past also, if they'd ever made any of the guns.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Don't know if anyone's spotted this, but I finally scored myself a Unicron (the kid got one ages ago) last night at Target because they had them marked own to $14. Nice! So, if you're looking to grab one or to grab another, better hurry.
    Ive heard about Unicron going down in price but was wondering which version of him it is. Did you get the orange colored one that first came out or the recolored black and green Unicron? Im tempted but would prefer the first one that came out.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

It was the first version. I just hit a different Target today and saw 3 of the on their shelves for $14, so they're still out there.

Good luck.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    It's a big gun with an autobot symbol on it that shoots darts.

I think the sword is much cooler looking -- but frankly, we've got tons of swords and sabers already, so he'll dig the blaster. (Not that we don't have a few too many blasters either I suppose.) I think the thing is really kind of lame looking, but I know what the kid likes. He's asked about TF weapons in the past also, if they'd ever made any of the guns.
    Thanks for clarifying, I guess Hasbro really could do no wrong with that criteria. At least it's a motivation I can understand.

The only Unicrons on sale (for $20 around here) at my Targets have been the Armada boxes, which is really freaky because I got mine 6 months ago from Target at the same price, so they must have a LOT of these still in their warehouses.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hahah success! My buddy at Target pulled an Omega Supreme for me out of the back before the August first set. He's cool, but I didn't get the same feeling I got out of opeing Unicron.. The search for Cliffjumper and Shockblast continues!

Oh hey, yeah. Saw Omega Supreme at Target tonight (they had 2 of them out) and it looks really cool. $50 though -- that's steep!

How's it out of the box Adam? Good stuff?
    plasticfetish.net