Page 23 of 578 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

I think this new shot of Alt Grimmy looks even less bulky than before, especially those thin thighs. He doesn't look that beefy at all. Also, what the hell was Takara thinking leaving the entire floorpan as kibble on the back hanging off his behind?!? Could have swung up or come off and been a shield, but NOOOOO! This isn't Grimlock, this is someone else and that's how I'll accept him (plus, Grimlock would never have bucket seats for feet! ).

I am pretty sure the movie is nowhere near far enough along in preproduction to have influenced this Alternator's design (or vice-versa).

As for the scale of the beasts and whatnot, I think having big insects would make the Decepticons even cooler - the humans now have to be saved not only from jets and tanks attacking them but big robotic insects smashing their cars! They wouldn't be part of the earliest waves though because how would they be "robots in disguise"? Same with the dinosaurs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never thought they would have the those in the movie.. my thinking was that they would save them for the sequels..

I'm excited by the prospect of possibly seeing War Within type toys though, there is a chance they will show Cybertronian forms.

War Within toys would be awesome.

Ive read that there wont be any drastic size changes from robot to their disguise so i wonder whether Soundwave will appear at all and in what form. I think its somewhat foolish that they wont include it but can see why they wouldnt want to have people unfamiliar with the story and technology scratching their head and wondering what the H E double hockey sticks was going on. This causes me to wonder who all will be appearing on both sides in order to make the size scale work out.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

size change problems:

Decepticons:

Megatron - traditional

Soundwave - traditional (Walkman to 20 foot tall robot?)

Ravage, Laserbeak, etc. - cassette tapes (the audience won't even know what these are anyway -everyone uses CD's and MP3s )

Shockwave - traditional

Flashback - camera to 3 robots the size of a Volkswagon transformed?

Insecticons

Autobots:

Dinobots

Blaster, his cassette tapes - for reasons listed above by Soundwave
    Huffer, from Semi-Truck about the size of Prime to robot only as big as Bumblebee?
    Seaspray - hovercraft to robot smaller than Prime?

Most or all of the combiners. The Constructicons could be done really cool though. Superior would be huge though!

But Brutacus just would not work! Jeep Wrangler the size of the space shuttle or vice-versa???

Anyway, I think I just repeated what I posted before but wrote it up in a new way...

Can't wait to find out what the move will do...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I found Energon Cliffjumper last night at Kmart, first new Energon figure I've seen in months not counting repaints. So I snatched it up even though Kmart charges $3.50 extra. But it turns out I really dislike this figure, one of the worst Transformer buys I've made since buying Armada Scavenger on clearance for $10. The transformation scheme is far too simplistic, parts don't really know where they're going in bot mode, the boots stick out a country mile, the stupid missiles don't stay in straight in the guns, the colors are awful, the rear wheels in alt-mode don't really know what to do and bow outwards, the rear quarter in alt-mode doesn't hold on very well, the sound effect is lame and annoying, there's too much kibble in bot mode, and the elbows pop out far too easily; plus, the instructions are incorrect about how the leg joints work starting in alt-mode - the starting image and alt-mode image are both wrong. In fact, the only things I found even remotely clever were the way the shirt mode was created and the way the legs got longer for pants mode.

And not only did I dislike the figure immensely anyway, but mine is defective, the right heelspur won't lock down and lets him tip over.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found Silverstreak & Hound at Wal-mart Duarte, CA, Silverstreak at Target Pasadena 1-story, and Dead End at Target Eagle Rock.

I just now opened Hound, he's cool but the chest is indeed very hollow, the backpack is a mess that makes no sense, the arms are poorly articulated, and the hips keep slipping when I pick him up.

Will post on Dead End in a while, I'm a bit too busy right now. But strangely, the packaging co-sells "Autobot Tracks" (yellow picture) and has a big Decepticon logo next to the name.

Good finds, JT.

They aren't shipping those Alternators out to our stores here in San Diego it would seem.

Who would a Yellow Tracks be in Stunticon 'revision?'

I'm trying to remember the Stuntacon names...

DeadEnd - used to be a rust colored Porshe
    ???? - was a Lamborghini (cool too) - Breakdown?
    ??? - was a yellow Race Car - that's who Tracks is going to be renamed after - Drag Strip???
    And there was a grey car as well - think it was also a Porshe. Not sure.
    the truck was called????

Menacor was the combiner.

Right?

What's wrong with Hound's arm articulation? Are his legs poseable? How do you rate him as an "action figure?"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm sure they'll be in your stores tomorrow, just in really short supply because there are still a few SideSwipe stragglers on the shelves. Be dilligent. Keep in mind that LA and San Diego share regional warehouses so whatever comes here goes to you too one way or the other.

BTW, Hound doesn't have the turning front wheels, instead he gets working suspension.

Had to look 'em up, Stunticons:
    Breakdown was the Lamborghini
    Dead End was the Porsche
    Dragstrip was the yellow F-1 racer
    Wildrider was the Ferrari (where is the Ferrari Alternator dangit?!?)
    and Motormaster was the truck.

His shoulders are very limited ball-joints, so limited that he can't really tilt them at all. Elbows are a single hinge joint. Wrists only fold up for transformation. Decent for a regular TF but not the level we've gotten with the previous 2 (neither of which have perfect articulation here really either).

The waist is articulated high up but the front wheels that got folded down often get in the way of this, and also of the hip articulation. His legs are pretty well articulated, ball-jointed hips, single knee (but with a second odd bend possible due to transforming), and universal ankles/feet.

As an action figure, I'd say he's on-par with the other 2 but as an "adult collectible action figure" the issue gets a little stickier (SideSwipe suffered from this as well).

I picked up TFU Whirl today. Saw the Beast machine repaints with minicons and left it there..

Someone from my area found Bulkhead but I came up short...

So, how is TFU Whirl?

On Hound, I forgot to mention that I think the vehicle mode needs coil spring shapes sculpted to the suspension housings, the flat black panels show too easily.

Here's my take on Dead End:
    Well, Dead End is pretty interesting, this is the first Alternators fig I want to display in vehicle mode because it just looks so damn cool. DE shares the same door & hood problems that SideSwipe suffers from, but if you don't open the doors they at least stays put on DE tho' there seems to be no hope for the hood staying absolutely shut. The new top and rear end are very striking, the "Dead End" license plate in the back with the 'Con logo is the only out-of-place touch about this bad boy.

The transformation is almost the same as SS's except the instructions expect the impossible from the windshield sliding up before moving the rear shell since there's a friggin' ROOF there! The arms are transformed slightly different from SS which were confusing enough to begin with, these are just laid out flat till the elbow instead of completely curled up. The most shocking change is how the torso comes together, the Hasbro instructions on SS majorly screwed this up on that fig but once you figured out how things actually went it was smooth sailing - however on DE, the windshield does NOT fold into the convertable top housing (which obviously is not here and in its place is a different shape of shell) so on DE the windshield ends up holding the upper torso from rotating around by simple friction, I can't get it aligned so there's no play, the windshield just wasn't designed to hold his guts in like this. I guess this wouldn't be such an issue if I weren't so used to SideSwipe's transformation, but because I am, the little changes become exaggerated.

Dead End's changes in transformation give a different feeling to bot mode than a simple body clone a la Smokescreen/Silverstreak. DE's colors all work to his advantage, his red arms stand out but work with the windshield belly. The rear window folds down almost out of the way, but is ultimately still a bubble behind the head sticking out of a big ol' shell; speaking of the shell, they took away the cool missiles and replaced 'em with a silver screen shape. Finally, the head seems a little blocky and underdetailed, as if someone had taken a smaller Transformer's head and upsized him - I guess I was spoiled by the work on Smokescreen because really all the other new Alternators so far have suffered the same. Woulda been nice if they repainted the engine block weapon though.

All in all, Dead End is very nifty remold and as the first 'Con in the line, does bring the goods - he looks like he could cause trouble for any of the Autobots out now in battle or a race.