Page 31 of 591 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

I just.. I dunno. Something I can't get into for a lot of them. Prime and Starscream are quite cool looking.. Jetfire too I guess.

The others.. VP does look neat, I just don't like his all gray colors.. I may wait to see the repaints for a lot of these before I buy the originals.

Everybody has a right to their opinion, but I can't imagine looking at the last 4 years of Transformers, from Beast Machines through RID, Armada, up to Energon now, and not feeling like this is a significant step forward in the right direction from those. The more I see of this line, the more I think this is really "it", this may be the benchmark modern TF line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Could somebody post a link (that works) or copy-paste the pictures up here - especially Prime and Starscream, please?

Thanks - Tycho.

Over here Tycho...

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3708&mode=flat

Though I'll admit that I've been getting a little more into some of the new things that I've seen lately, I'm totally ready for a new line. Armada and Energon really dulled my interest in Transformers, I'd love to see something a little more complex and a little less Tonka-rific.

Galaxy Convoy -- Very cool, a nice big hero robot. I can see the RID influence, a little G1 Prime as well I think.
    Exhelion/Accelion -- Looks OK in robot mode. Vehicle mode still looks very "Armada" like, I dunno about that gun.
    Dreadlock -- Yeah, that looks great. If I only get one of these, this will be the one.
    Vector Prime -- There's no "robot" pic there, but the vehicle mode kind of reminds me of something from Beast Machines. (I'll have to find another photo.)
    Guardshell -- looks OK in robot mode, but vehicle mode looks really lame.
    Starscream -- Robot mode looks cool, but I'm not wild for that vehicle mode. I'd like to see some better photos of this one.
    Master Megatron -- Well, from these photos, I either really like this one, or really hate it... I can't tell for sure yet. The color scheme is confusing, but it's just these pics. I dig bot mode, aerial mode is OK, and ground mode reminds me of the Batmobile. I'm not sure if I love that idea, but I'm really curious to see better pictures.

Very interesting... I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I kind of wonder if they aren't pushing this line out so soon, because they're trying to "clear the decks" for the TF movie toys that they're working on right now. At Comic-con, they told me that they'd be shifting all of their attention to that.

-----

Off this topic, but has anyone else gotten into the Transformers PS2 game? I bought it for PF jr. for his birthday, and we've both been playing it. Very addictive! Great fun to run/drive around as Optimus and blow things up.
    plasticfetish.net

well, i FINALLY saw silverstreak at my walmart, so i'm going to have to start hunting for their next shipment... i need hound!!!

this wave now includes silvey, hound, tracks and dead end, right?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Mo' better Galaxy Force pics HERE. They all look good to me. The metallic paint is great.

So is this a CG cartoon or what? (Not that it matters, 'cause CN will play it at 6am.)
    plasticfetish.net

I don't know if Cartoon Network will even get the show, I suspect not actually.

As for the design, I don't know, everybody's raving about the studio that's making it, "Gonzo", but since I'm not into anime I have no idea what type of art it is.

Oh, and Landover there looks cool to me, a bulky bruiser of a bot with 2 really fast-looking alt modes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Off this topic, but has anyone else gotten into the Transformers PS2 game? I bought it for PF jr. for his birthday, and we've both been playing it. Very addictive! Great fun to run/drive around as Optimus and blow things up.
    Yeah I got it back when it first came out, its a pretty decent game.

I got the freebie demo at the Comic Con and played it on my brother-in-law's PS2 that weekend. That game ruled! It makes me want to get a second game system for Christmas.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well I guess I should mention I got my PS2 because of the TF game.. heh. Mainly its used for DVD's though.