Page 34 of 565 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    YOU MUST LIKE IT!!! MEGATRON COMMANDS!!!

On another note, I realized recently that TF:Cybertron looks like it may be more important a line to collect for me than SW next year!

Wow......

The Autobot Alternator Fan here:

I got Tracks today from Wal-Mart.

I like him. He's pretty sturdy and his shiny metallic paint is kinda cool.

His rocket launchers (over the shoulder) are cool and a nice harken back to the original Tracks.

I like the way he transforms.

Only Meister and Grimlock to go and I think I have all I'm going to be collecting - except who is the Honda? I think it was Windcharger, but I'm not positive. I "might" get him. It looks like I'll like figuring out how to transform him.

Anyway, that'll probably be it for me until they do Decepticons that are PLANES and to scale...

25th Anniversary Starscream - keep the dream alive!

Anyway, I like Tracks.

Haven't been sorry about the Alternators I've bought yet.

Honda IS Windcharger in America. He is is Overdrive in Japan.

And it looks like Honda made Hasbro neuter Windchargers gun.

Oh, I got the Energon Grimlock/Swoop pack yesterday. Their transformations are pretty similar to their G1 counter parts. Swoop is the better of the two. The only thing that really bugs me is that he has no true hands like in the box art, and the flaps that prevent his legs from moving forward more. Grimlock is too short. If he was a little taller he would look more proportional and therefore better. I wish he had a gun, but the claws from alt mode make good hand weapons (think Wolverine) in bot mode. Wish his faceplate was painted like in the box art.

I hope that's not true about Windcharger's gun, that thing was way cool!

Adam, I think you just saved me from buying Grimlock/Swoop there, I was already on the fence before hearing any reviews and your review touches on a few issues that bugged me from the photos alone.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What in the name of wanna-be-politically-correct is Honda doing asking Hasbro to not include a gun on Windcharger?

Are they serious?

What is this going to accomplish? Make kids less into violence because 1 Transformer doesn't come with a gun (it's a violent genre) or is it going to make more kids want to shoot people working in the corporate management of Honda?

I'm all for the latter. Can they do some kind of "free Alternator give-away" with proof of confirmed kill?

I think Adam means that Windcharger's gun, which on the test shot included a long barrel made from the driveshaft, no longer has the driveshaft (which would explain why Hasbro's site photo has the gun all stubby like that - I was hoping it was a photographer's mistake).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got Meister today in what was a pretty awesome day for toy hunting!

I picked up not only

Meister......but

1 Rabe
    2 Senator Yarua
    2 Pablo Jill
    3 Sly Moore
    1 Queen Theed Ceremony!

Anyway, onto my review of Meister - the first toy (and only toy) I've opened since I got home.

Mesiter is the most flimsy, cheaply put together Alternator I've ever handled!

This is not to say I don't like him.

Mesiter's Pros

4 doors open, including the reversed rear doors - very cool.
    Very detailed interior.
    Nice white, sporty color.
    He rolls fast and his wheels hold his direction straight.
    His Transformation is pretty cool and has some sort-of unique elements to it.
    His gun is like the exhaust muffler in the back, instead of the engine like most Alternators.
    The gun is an awesome long-barrel when it transforms in 3 or 4 steps!

Meister's drawbacks

Meister's right arm fell off while I was transforming him. It easily fits back into the plug, but this should never have happened.

The plastic is getting cheaper and lighter weight. Interesting after Tracks came out as such durable, high quality.

Meister's head is sort of inset, sort of like his head is in a turtleneck. It still rotates just fine - it's just that perhaps I just don't like this element of his design.

Anyway, the pros outweigh the cons and a nice bright white color is great to add to your Autobot car fleet.

I'm actually very glad I bought him!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Adam, I think you just saved me from buying Grimlock/Swoop there, I was already on the fence before hearing any reviews and your review touches on a few issues that bugged me from the photos alone.
    I would say pick them up if they're ever on sale. It's not a bad set, but like many things in this line, it could have been better. They're deffinately better than the Scavenger you picked up on sale.

And yeah, that is exactly what I was refering to about Windcharger JT.

GALAXY FORCE REMOLD/REPAINTS! ARMADA'S REVENGE!

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57669
    http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57690

My favorite Walmart had a ton of new figures. They had all the new Alternators too. I threw Tracks and Jazz on layaway along with various other Christmas presents. I briefly thought about picking up the bots that make Energon Superion but i held off. No sign of Grimlock and Swoop though. Some new TFUs also, but nothing that i felt like buying. Are these the final figures for this line or will we be seeing a couple more pop out before Cybertron premieres?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

We will see Energon through the spring.