Page 36 of 582 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    It's better than Battle Ravage...
    Wow, glowing praise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

HELP ME MAKE A DECISION:

I am very much into not buying repaints....

I like Grimlock's paint scheme much better than that Wheeljack JT just showed us. It actually is nothing like the orange and green colors Wheeljack should utilize!

I wanted Wheeljack as one of my top characters I wished to collect from TF's:

! Optimus Prime
    Bumblebee
    Ironhide
    Wheeljack
    Ratchet
    Prowl
    Sunstreaker
    ! Sideswipe
    Mirage
    ! Hound
    ! Jazz (Meister...whatever)
    Hot Rod
    Kup
    Blurr
    Springer (if he triple-changes, if possible, helicopter definitely)
    RC
    Ultra Magnus
    Wreck-Gar
    Inferno
    ! Tracks

Megatron
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    Galvatron (I guess)
    Soundwave (if he could be something he turns into an accurate scale for)
    Shockwave (ditto)
    Ravage - if his robot mode is a panther
    Laserbeak - if his robot mode is a bird

Now I could go for Alternator Insecticons that are vehicles which turn into bugs, etc.

Other things along that line...

If you only bought one WHEELJACK or GRIMLOCK, which would it be? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho

... why?

I can name about 50 tfs from Generation One that were repaints/remolds of previous toys. On your list you have Ironhide and Ratchet. They are practically the same, except for their colors, small details, and how their characters were portrayed. If they made them Alternators, there is a good chance they could be the same mold. And you have first three seekers on there! They are identical except for color schemes!

To me, the character is more important than whether or not I've bought a mold once (or multiple times..) before.

So what if its a repaint of Grimlock? It's not Grimlock anymore, its Wheeljack.

Anyway off that subject.. I wonder if this has occured to any one. We all thought Dead End was Sunstreaker when we saw its proto. What if this IS NOT Wheeljack, but a Decepticon..
    Last edited by Adam; 11-30-2004 at 12:56 AM.

I don't think you should even worry about that untill you see Wheeljack's final paint scheme. It could change.

One more thing. I saw this on TNI. Scan from Dengeki ( I think) magazine in Japan for Galaxy Force. For some reason these pics look better to me. I DIG Vector Prime in white. Thundercracker also doesn't look as bad here. I am starting to get excited about this line now.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Okay, off topic.

Lee's has a picture of a new Grimlock and Swoop that look similar to the G1 versions. Anyone know what these are?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Okay, off topic.

Lee's has a picture of a new Grimlock and Swoop that look similar to the G1 versions. Anyone know what these are?
    I know what they are, since they are sitting on my shelf over there.

They were originally created for Transformers: Universe. However, Hasbro decided that TFU would be a strickly repaint line, and that a new molds would sell better in the main line anyway. So it was moved to Energon and is available now.

Interestin'. I've not seen them yet, but will keep my eyes open. I thought Energon already had a Grimlock, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nope, last time Grimlock was used in the main line was in RiD (Robots in Disguise) a few years ago. It was a totally different character though, and was a construction crane. Part of the Autobot Construction combiner team, or just build team. (Which will, btw, be available once again through TFU. Except this time its a slick Decepticon Devastator homage.)

Grimlock was used with last years Wal-Mart exlcusive Dino-Bot 2-packs. (Sadly, I never found that Grimlock and Swoop two-pack.)

The newest version for Energon was just released. I commented on them last page, but I will reiterate: Grimlock's dinomode is an almost perfect update. It is more poseable, but the head is a litte too big. It's too big, because inside is the 2nd for the combining gimmick. The Combo doesn't look good, I wish they would have just concentrated on them as individuals. Anyway, Grim's bot mode is too short, Swoop end's up being taller. His legs are not articulated enough as well. Swoop is the opposite, his Dino mode is not that great. His robot mode however is great, and can only be improved with removing the flaps that prevent his legs from moving forward, and giving it fists. As it is, he just has claws for hands. The art shows him with fists. They come with no weapons, which really sucks. Grimlock's feet claws can be used as Wolverine (or if you're into current marvel stuff, x-23.. *shudder*) like claws. Overall I like the set, it could have used some improvements though.
    I recently found out this figure was developed exclusively by Hasbro. Takara had nothing to do with it.

HELP ME MAKE A DECISION:

I like Grimlock's paint scheme much better than that Wheeljack JT just showed us. It actually is nothing like the orange and green colors Wheeljack should utilize!

First off, this is almost certainly a test shot, so the final paint job may be much closer to Wheeljack even though I believe this *may* be an actual official Ford paint scheme.

Second, I would go with Wheeljack, I don't like the new Mustang even a little, but I like it better with the Wheeljack head inside. However, if you like the color of the car, Grimlock probably is the way to go since the whole thing is really designed around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I wonder if this has occured to any one. We all thought Dead End was Sunstreaker when we saw its proto. What if this IS NOT Wheeljack, but a Decepticon..
    I wouldn't think that's too likely, I heard Dead End was planned to be Sunstreaker but when everybody was complaining about the lack of Decepticons in the line, they changed him to a baddy. Plus, G1 Wheeljack is a way bigger character, I don't think they'd risk alienating buyers by putting that head on a 'con.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i really wish that shockwave was really purple... there are a few shots that look like he's got a pantera chroma-shift paintjob that goes from blue to purple - look at one of the close-up head shots and you'll see what i mean. i just don't hold out too much hope that it'll end up that way in production, if it isn't just a trick of lighting.

the head looks awesome, and i love the fact that they gave him the gun barrell hand! just... PURPLE, MAN. PURPLE!!!

i like the gt350 paintjob on the wheeljack 'stang. looks like the old shelbys. we'll see what transpires with this one... i think orange and green would be hidiousityness, but that's just me. it's funny that they gave him a sword because grimlock has one. couldn't fit ANYTHING else wherever it goes, hasbro?

when are they gonna make alternators perceptor? i hope they do the new olympus upright microscopes BX51!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope