Page 38 of 581 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

So did anybody get any Transformers this year? I managed to get two figures: Universe Nemesis Prime and Alternator Hound. I like N. Prime, his beast mode is cool and he doesnt look bad in bot mode either. Im glad he wasnt sold as Optimus Prime, my Predacon ranks were in great need of another heavyweight so Nemesis fits in nicely. Hound was a figure i had to resist getting because i pretty much knew someone would get him for me as a gift. I really like his vehicle mode a lot, bots not too shabby either. I may have to bend and get a Decepticon, my Autobots look really lonely without anybody to stomp on.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Don't do it! Transformerism was once a proud religion!

It's tenats include:

Decepticons are not automobiles unless they are combiners!

Onslaught
    Swindle
    MotorMaster
    Dead End
    Breakdown
    Dragstrip
    Wildrider

are the only Decepticon "cars / trucks" possible - and they ought to be combiners if they're done.

In our RELIGION, real Decepticons are Starscream (a fighter jet) and Megatron a handgun that really shrinks in weapon mode and grows to become a robot. Obviously, a tank or some kind of military hardware is the best substitute form for Megatron, and probably Shockwave and Soundwave as well.

I'd accept Ravage as a car, especially a Jaguar-brand, but he should transform into a jungle cat and not a robot.

So far, what Alternators has proposed for Decepticons (Swindle and Dead End) have been seriously cool. Cooler than having Grimlock turn into a Mustang. (The Mustang should have then turned into a T-Rex, and forget a robot mode - Grimlock never liked his robot mode anyway).

Anyway, that's all the prostelitizing I can do at the moment.

I believe there were two Decepticons that transformed into cars, Runabout and Runamuck. Would they be okay if they came out in Alt form? They are somewhat obscure characters, but they do fit as automobile Cons. Speaking of Alt Grim, my older brother gave my younger brother one. I was suprised Grim had hit Omaha already, im going to have to go out and hunt tomorrow.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Suprised no one mentioned this, although it is still rumor at this point..

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4418

YYyyyyaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaa
    aaayyyyyyyYYYYYYYY!

And they were shown plans for Alternators 2005. Among them: "Suzuka Blue Metallic" repaint of Windcharger. No word on the identity and a deep red pick-up truck. No word on the make or model of the truck
    This has to be IRONHIDE! It has to be! Yes!!!!

And plans are being made to expand the line to the $30 price point with 1/72 scale aircraft. Average wingspan/rotor 8-10 inches.
    Whoa! Cool! Will this mean the jets will be in scale to the Alternator cars and 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime?

Starscream? Starscream? STARSCREAM????!

YES!

I too think the red truck will be Ironhide.

No TFs for me for xmas, but I am glad you got and enjoyed TF:U Nem Prime there Kool-Aid. I agree, my Pred forces needed some bolstering and having yet another Optimus figure would have been too much for my tastes.

I would definitely recommend Dead End for an Alternator Decepticon, great use of the SideSwipe mold and a cool figure in its own right. I still haven't decided if I want Swindle, Battle Ravage, or "Shockblast" (yes, the American packaging is up on the web, his name is "Shockblast" even though his license plate refers to Shockwave), but Dead End works for me.

As for the rumor, it's just rumor for now, like the Bumblebee rumor last year, I won't believe it till it's been confirmed in some way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I read about that BumbleBee rumor on several different Transformers websites I checked out from you-guys' links.

The gist is that German automobile manufactureres, namely Volkswagon and Porshe, won't allow their vehicles to be turned into "war toys."

OK, is this in response to the war with Iraq and Germany's opposition to the US invasion?

Or is this in response to post-Hitler Germany not condoning war, period? (The philosophy extending to these German car companies, as I doubt it's national policy, just maybe national public relations).

So what are they worried about? Adolf Prime saying "Fourth Reich: Transform and Roll Out!" ???

Next Ferarri and Lamborghini will be saying "no" dus to fears of Musoligatron saying "Deceptifascicons: Attack!"

Yet no one from Yugo will protest if Hasbro makes one of theirs an Autobot...

I think a truck that transformed into Ironhide would be cool. But as its only a rumor i wont expect it to be him until i see some photos. Does anybody remember seeing photos of a car (i believe it was a mini cooper) that was rumored to be a future alt? In bot mode the figure had a shield attached to one of its arms, if that helps. Was it going to be an Alt or was it just a hoax? I havent heard or seen any pics for a while so i was just curious. I do plan on picking up Shockblast, but im undecided on Dead End. Ive actually thought about picking one up and repainting him yellow so that he would look like Sunstreaker instead. Lack of painting skills has kept me from doing so.
    But if planes are planned (which i think would be cool) then hopefully Hasbro will recolor Dead End yellow and push him as Sunstreaker, saving me from giving him a bad paint job.

I know what you're talking about KAK, it was a blue Mini-Cooper bot, apparently it was from a British ad for the car and rumors mixed with that photo to create confusion. The bot design was a little different from current Alternators aesthetic, but hardly outlandish.

Tycho, I don't think that thing about German auto makers is entirely accurate, Daimler-Chrysler licensed the Dodge Viper to the Alternators line already.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.