Page 41 of 578 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

El Chuxter - nice find on Ravage!

Are you moving any closer to San Diego? We could hang out again and sniff Mouse Droids!

The Alts do get expensive when your primary collecting hobby is Star Wars, and then along comes a TF you want to buy.

Wheeljack is my next definite purchase. I'm not sure about Ravage and Shockwave, but they are the Decepticons I could see being my most likley until the $30 jets come out. Wished there were at least prototype pictures of Starscream!

I'm actually moving farther from San Diego, but only by about fifteen minutes. Housing is pretty much unaffordable in the major urban areas of the Inland Empire (AKA "tha 909" ).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ravage, Swindle, Grimlock, and Windcharger are all hitting shelves now. I think the reason they're all hitting now is that Dec/Jan didn't see its new releases (as is customary for pre-toy fair toys, though these are also a bit early). I really want to find all of them but Swindle, whom I've run across twice now and passed both times.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So you got Ravette and Hondacharger? Aren't they love?

Me? I wouldn't know, I haven't found them yet. A so-called "friend" called me Monday night from Vegas to gloat about the purchases, and then I heard from another few folks who found 'em at the big T.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Ravage, Swindle, Grimlock, and Windcharger are all hitting shelves now.
    I spotted all of them at TRU (Signal Hill, CA) tonight, and though I haven't bought anything from this line, I came really close to buying Grimlock.
    plasticfetish.net

Except for Ravage (who as I said I first found this last weekend), I've been seeing them all quite frequently for about two months.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Today I found

Grimlock
    Swindle
    Windcharger
    Ravage

All in good quantities (3 of each or thereabouts) at my Toys R Us.

I left them. I decided I'm not going to buy these, though Grimlock keeps tugging away at the 'ol heartstrings and I just hope they get Wheeljack out there fast enough before I lost $20.

I spotted all 4 of the Alts (ravage, grimlock, windcharger, swindle) at TRU Monrovia and at 4 different Targets yesterday, guess they've hit the area finally.

Picked up Energon combiner limb repaints Windrazor and Terradive, both are so-so and have a few minor paint and assembly issues. Neither does much for me, but Windrazor having gray instead of blue that Treadshot suffers from gives him a bump in the right direction. Terradive's wings wouldn't stay even because the mold line right in the middle of the flat of the hinge, so I had to shave that down.

As for the Alts...

Grimlock - decent vehicle mode except for the hood sticking up permanently, kinda stubby and very gappy bot mode, transformation is horribly crazy. The weapons are nice, but his hands don't hold either one too well. I really felt frustrated by this one, the gappy torso is very annoying, so many parts are popping off all the time, the instructions are confusing about things like the shoulders, and I still don't like the car. Even though Grimmy here is not a short figure in the line, he seems really stubby for some reason, I guess the long thick legs under the smallish torso.

Windcharger - everybody seems to dislike this one, but it's one of my favorites. Great sporty little vehicle mode with either top in place, transformation riffs off other Alternators but makes it its own with nice refinements, bot mode is pretty nifty and has decent articulation. Only downer is the empty hinge on the gun where the driveshaft barrel was supposed to go, the hinge even sticks down under the vehicle mode. Transformation really seemed intuitive, and I love how the alt-mode doors and hood are kept close and neat so they don't even look too much like kibble. Very satisfying, I will be buying the repaint. Instructions say to remove the convertible top part for bot mode, but I don't see why, doesn't seem to affect anything and who wants a loose useless part?

I like Grimmy. He seems floppy at first, but I found that when all the parts are in place, he's pretty stable. And I agree his gun doesn't stay put very well, but his sword (at least on mine) is rock solid. But to each his own. I TOTALLY agree with you on Windcharger, though. Me likesy. Wish I'd found the new combiner limbs, though. This has been frustrating.