Page 42 of 595 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

JT, I don't like them going to removeable parts. The cool thing about Alternators is that everything they come with is useful in the transform.

I also think that the Honda didn't want guns, hence the reason the driveshaft is off the engine that's clearly been hinged for it.

Stupid car companies and their "we promote peace by not allowing toy guns" philosophy. Why don't they cease some of their political contributions but I'll stop before my Transformer post winds up in the Rancor Pit.

With my Grimmy in bot mode, the hood pops up on the right, the head falls backwards a bit, the upper torso disconnects from the lower torso pretty easily, the shoulders disconnect from the upper torso occasionally, the doors often pop off, the big floorpan/skirt always ends up coming off, and the hips pop off of their ball-joints pretty easily -- worst of all, I have heard from others with many of these same issues. I highly doubt I'll bother with Wheeljack at this point.

Good luck on the limbs, you should be seeing them at Target soon. I'll try to remember to set a set aside if I see any more.

Tycho, do you mean the interchangable top on Windcharger? I don't have a problem with that since the "down" top can be left in place in bot mode and the "up" top can be worn as a shield. It's no different to me than the removable accessories like the engine guns or even Grimmy's sword.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Good luck on the limbs, you should be seeing them at Target soon. I'll try to remember to set a set aside if I see any more.
    Thanks, JT. I did another run through the stores on the west side and found nothing again. If you see them, I'd really appreciate the help.

Did see the last 4 Alts, though. Swindle, Ravage, Grimlock, and Windcharger were pretty much at all of the Targets and TRUs in the area.

so i finally got silverstreak - not because i couldn't find him, but i didn't have the cash. not that i have the cash now, but whatever.

cool thing is, out of the five that were there, i got the only one with the european driver's side. the steering wheel is on the right. not that i think that's anything collectible, but i thought it would be another cool difference from smokey...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Found Energon Roadblock last night. I like how they changed Inferno's gun, the new crane arm is more obvious and has a peg so it can be held as a gun without its base, but the crane controller's cabin is way too small compared to the main vehicle. The new head is alright, the "hat" face cover looks like a face on its own so that's a bit weird. Some of the arm and neck joints are a little looser than on Inferno, and the new front bumper gets in the way a little in combiner mode. My biggest problem is the use of flat dark brown plastic so much, it's especially annoying for the combiner mode feet which are left unpainted.

Also picked up Alternators Battle Ravage, had the same leg-transformation frustrations as Tracks unfortunately (both going to and from bot mode), but the convertible design looks way better in both modes. I like the use of metallic red as accents in bot mode, but this still looks way too much like Tracks and not a body that Ravage would have.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am disappointed that even after Toy Fair, we've seen nothing about Hasbro doing a pickup truck (Ironhide, Kup) or any $30 Alternator Jets (Starscream, Skywarp, Thudercracker, Cyclonus, Scourge).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I am disappointed that even after Toy Fair, we've seen nothing about Hasbro doing a pickup truck (Ironhide, Kup) or any $30 Alternator Jets (Starscream, Skywarp, Thudercracker, Cyclonus, Scourge).
    That's what happens to unfounded rumors. I was surprised to see only 1 new Alternators figure though, and their Toy Fair Press Release really only covered the "now" period of Spring.

Another thing I was surprised by on Alt Ravage was how small his jaw was and how little it actually can move. I could almost see myself end up swapping his head out for another figure's.

I just wanted to comment that as a super goofy ultra fanboy of Transformers, I was really impressed with the backstory Takara came up with for BT Ravage. If you've been keeping up with the releases, here's the latest addition:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread68790.html

If you haven't been keeping up, here's a page with a combined rundown of the story so far:
    http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...ic=65749&st=0&

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    That's what happens to unfounded rumors. I was surprised to see only 1 new Alternators figure though, and their Toy Fair Press Release really only covered the "now" period of Spring.

Another thing I was surprised by on Alt Ravage was how small his jaw was and how little it actually can move. I could almost see myself end up swapping his head out for another figure's.

Uh, unfounded rumors? I thought that came from otfcc?

I hadn't heard that it came from the con, I heard that they WANTED it to be said at the con. I could be wrong though, it's hard to have sources on rumors like this that get around so much.

Chaddy, I can't get that link to load, can you give us the rundown?