Page 49 of 596 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by megaprime33
    Yeah I don't plan on buying them either. The only ehobby i ever got was the red tracks version. I needed it for my tracks collection. I have both versions of g1 kup(regular and targetmaster)anyways so. That black blitzwing though looks pretty cool.
    I don't have Kup, so I'll get him. I AM tempted by Orion Pax, but I'm probably gonna pass. Too expensive. I do want to know what they plan to do with Wheelie, though. Not likely to tip the scales, but there's potential.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac
    I don't have Kup, so I'll get him. I AM tempted by Orion Pax, but I'm probably gonna pass. Too expensive. I do want to know what they plan to do with Wheelie, though. Not likely to tip the scales, but there's potential.
    I really don't see any potential in wheelie whatsoever. I mean really what can they do to make him not suck. The only colors that spring to mind are silver and black, but to be honest, I dont think he can pull it off.
    "I have you now."

Quote Originally Posted by megaprime33
    I really don't see any potential in wheelie whatsoever. I mean really what can they do to make him not suck. The only colors that spring to mind are silver and black, but to be honest, I dont think he can pull it off.
    Yeah, you could paint him anything and he'll still bite. Which is probably why they haven't shown us his new scheme; they haven't decided what to do with him yet. I'm not giving it a LOT of potential, but I'm leaving the door open to be surprised.

But it's still too daggon expensive.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Ehobby exclusives are always expensive but they do great work. I would have bought more had I had more of an interest in them. I loved their recolors of the insecticons with their Diaclone colors, but not enough to actually buy them. Same with Astrotrain. if it wasn't for their prices I would consider getting more.
    "I have you now."

FINALLY found new alts... picked up shock(wave)blast and wheel-lock. i mean grim-jack. i mean wheeljack.

verdict: shockwaveblast is the BEST ALTERNATOR EVER. since he's already built on the superior jazzmeister platform, he's in the top category. but what puts this guy over the top, is the AWESOME color of the car, the gun hand, and something no one pointed out that i can remember, THE LIGHT-PIPE EYE!!!! i love light-pipe eyes!!! and it totally fits him! now i wish they'd done it with all the alts!!! i had a small issue with the hood/head hole, but the pegs weren't all the way in the slots. no prob now.

i really enjoy wheeljack as well, but now i wish he had light-pipe eyes, because he looks like he's "turned off" - the eyes are very dark. his transformation is complex, but not too hard, and i don't even mind the big floorpan plank behind him, although when i finally display him (in the middle of packing to move, so i don't have any toys out right now...) i might snap it off for robomode. color scheme is cool, and i like the gun and sword. i'm very surprised by the amount of articulation in those huge bulky legs.

they also had battle ravage, but i didn't want to push my luck. (the little lady footed the bill with her target card, even though we just paid rent in two places and needed to buy groceries... i love her!!!)

too bad i missed grimlock. i'll have to find him in ebay i guess.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I saw Wheeljack last night, but I couldn't pull the trigger, I just don't have enough affinity for the body design, and I've heard nothing but negative comments about the QC. Plus, I can't picture Wheeljack with a horizontal torso the way this figure is, I'm not normally a G1 stickler but Wheeljack doesn't look this way at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw this discussion of Kup and then realized it was old-school figures being revisited.

Essential Alternators would still include:

Kup
    Hot Rod
    Blurr
    Springer
    RC
    Wreck-Gar
    Ultra Magnus

BumbleBee
    Ironhide

To stick with real cars might be a challenge for the future "TF Movie era" cars, but they could do exotics like a Lamborghini there.

I don't want Kup and Ultra Magnus to be repaints of Ironhide and Ultimate Prime, however.

Could they get a triple-changer out of an alternator for Springer? That'd be the best product made yet if they could figure out how to do it!

A Harley-Davidson for Wreck-Gar could be a very interesting twist to the Alternator line as well!

To accomodate VW and other "no-war-toys" companies, I think Takara and Hasbro should try to do those vehicles without weapons, have their biographies (I know Hasbro doesn't do the bios at this point and may never) make them out to be non-combatants. Then Hasbro can just release a weapons pack for Alternators that any of these figs can use.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    To accomodate VW and other "no-war-toys" companies, I think Takara and Hasbro should try to do those vehicles without weapons, have their biographies (I know Hasbro doesn't do the bios at this point and may never) make them out to be non-combatants. Then Hasbro can just release a weapons pack for Alternators that any of these figs can use.
    awesome!!! that's really funny. of course, they could just go the route of mini and make their own knock-off.

http://www.motoringgear.com/Flash/motoringgear.asp
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

If only that thing was poseable and transformed instead of being a statue, I'd be all over that idea!