Page 50 of 591 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

This is according to the rumor mill so take this with a grain of salt, but the next Takara reissue will be Star Convoy. Now I have no idea what kind of TF fans you are, but Star Convoy was released in Japan and is a huge fan favorite. Click the link for an ebay auction of the original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    "I have you now."

My friend just lent me The Transformers Season 1 DVD set and "The Movie" DVD. Of course I'd seen both years ago and rented the movie in more recent years, but I'm having a blast of a time!

Decepticons of importance that must be addressed in the Alternators line are:

Megatron
    Starscream
    Soundwave
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Rumble
    Reflector
    Laserbeak

How do you do that?

Megatron needs to be some kind of tank or a Hummer with a cannon.

Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp need to be McDonnel-Douglas licensed F-15's, or something newer, but appropriate. For them, I'd buy the repaints if necessary. If they wanted to make them different kinds of jets, or even one (not Starscream) a helicopter, that'd be cool and make for a nice variety.

Reflector might be a TV News Camera Van. Thank about it.

Soundwave could be either a radar spy plane, or a mobile satelite command vehicle - something with a sound dish. There's no way they can make a walkman scaled to be the right size, and then transform into a robot almost Optimus Prime's size.

Laserbeak could be one of those remote controlled, unmanned spy planes. That would be appropriate.

SHOCKWAVE should have been a repaint of whatever they decided upon for Megatron.

RAVAGE should have been a Jaguar-brand sportscar that turned into a jaguar with a tail - or they could have jointed that Corvette to walk on all fours and have a tail you could fold into the car chasis.

DEAD END should have had the correct head.

SWINDLE's good. I have to admit it.

DRAGSTRIP's cool as well.

For the Autobots:

Ironhide's a must-have. Hope that Ford F-350's coming!
    Ratchet was a main character.
    Cliffjumper was as well.
    Brawn.
    Mirage. I don't know if a formula race car would work with Alternators. What else?

How about the new generation?

Hot Rod could be a Lamborghini or Ferrari if they got the license - since they didn't use one for Sideswipe.

Blurr could be whichever from those two they didn't use for Hot Rod.

Kup? Kup could be the repaint of Ironhide, perhaps with "offroard dirt details."

RC....Any ideas?

Springer - what could you do for a triple-changer? I think you'll have to start with an Apache Helicopter. Then see what parts you can fold into an auto-vehicle. Springer, if all modes looked like something realistic, could be the ultimate Alternator triumph.

Ultra Magnus - a truck of course. A car carrier with trailer to be sure. But something that does not use the 20th Anniversary mold of Prime.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Cyclonus could be a stealth fighter
    Scourge could still be a hovercraft
    Galvatron? Good question....

Hasbro will never do jets for the alternators line because scale wise they will be way too big. They would have to be 1:14 instead of 1:24. Which would up the price for them which they probably won't do. I think the same goes with Megs and a Hummer or a tank. If it's not a car, they Hasbro won't do it. Plus think about licensing. I beleive this was already discussed but VW won't give them a license for the bug to do bumblebee because the company doesn't want to be associated with "war toys".
    "I have you now."

What is the status of the Alternators right now? I've got everyone so far, but the only forthcoming figure I know of is called "Decepticharge." I'm undecided as to whether to get it when I find it, since that isn't exactly a real name for an actual character.

I've heard of nothing beyond Decepticharge, and the fact that I could still easily pick up Smokescreen a full 18 months after I found him--and at quite a few stores that don't seem to have received much of anything beyond Silverstreak--really, really worries me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    What is the status of the Alternators right now? I've got everyone so far, but the only forthcoming figure I know of is called "Decepticharge." I'm undecided as to whether to get it when I find it, since that isn't exactly a real name for an actual character.

I've heard of nothing beyond Decepticharge, and the fact that I could still easily pick up Smokescreen a full 18 months after I found him--and at quite a few stores that don't seem to have received much of anything beyond Silverstreak--really, really worries me.
    The new rumor that's out is they're gonna make a mazda MPV. If you're not sure what it looks like, it's a one of those minivan/SUV kinda things. Could be a ratchet/ironhide, maybe a skids, who knows. I wouldnt consider this credible. Again, just a rumor.
    "I have you now."

OK, an OLD rumor was that Hasbro was going to UP THE PRICE for jets to either a $30 or up to $50 pricepoint.

I'd pay that for Starscream, as well as repaints for Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Would McDonnel-Douglas allow licensing for "evil toys?" That's the question. (They can repaint figures as Powerglide and Jetfire of course )

But I paid nearly $70 for the Ultimate Prime 20th Anniversary, which is not an Alternator by only name (scale and features would seem to argue he is an Alternator anyway).

The Jets, which could ship in relatively flat boxes, might be larger, but are still very "stockable" for toy retailers.

Anyway, as to mini-vans or SUV's? Well, while Ironhide could still be done that way, Trailbreaker comes to mind for sure!

Anyway, I just watched The Movie and I want Rodimus Prime as an Alternator, too. What the heck could he be made to turn into?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter

Prowl is coming as an Acura RSX, coming per Toy Fair and other internet news. Looks...interesting.

As for Star Convoy, I'm not terribly surprised. seeing as how Galaxy Force Convoy is so reminiscent of the figure, it's a good way to capitalize on the viewer recognition.

I'm just so excited about Wheelie!!!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html

my first Alternators resource page has confirmed a $30 price-point Alternator exclusive for Toys R Us.

Also is discussed Hot Rod's return in a Toyota. (I'll wait to see the model and the paint application before I grumble).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html

my first Alternators resource page has confirmed a $30 price-point Alternator exclusive for Toys R Us.

Also is discussed Hot Rod's return in a Toyota. (I'll wait to see the model and the paint application before I grumble).
    yeah, Tycho, but it's still a rumor. All they know is that there's a listing in the computer (and sometimes they have toys listed that never make it to stores; sometimes they have toys at the stores that aren't in the computers right away. It's a crazy system!) We don't even know for sure what the listing is for. Heck, it could be mislabeled, knowing the corp. as intimately as I do.

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. Just wait and see. As for the Toyota, I'm pretty sure a competitor has the Toyota license...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

A competitor to Hasbro? For Transforming action figures?

Mattel might have licenses to produce replicas for all Hot Wheels - but those aren't Transformers.

Car Companies that have no Transformer Alternators yet:

Chevy (if you don't count Corvette)
    Chrisler
    Toyota
    Nissan
    Geo
    Saturn
    GMC
    Pontiac
    Mercedes
    BMW
    Porsche