Page 58 of 578 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

JT, i like that picture of Soundwave, thats another figure i will be getting. I think his look fits in with Starscreams too. Im just hoping that in future figure releases they include more of his little comrades.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    JT, i like that picture of Soundwave, thats another figure i will be getting. I think his look fits in with Starscreams too. Im just hoping that in future figure releases they include more of his little comrades.
    Yeah, I enjoy the look. Conceptually, it's not perfect, but it IS really neat. And I agree with kool-aid: I would love to see more of his minions.

Does that pic show the mini-TF fitting in his chest? Oh, that's too cool.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyn
    wel, one can hope, can't one?
    Whatever floats yer boat.

he looks like a gundam.
    'Cause of the long legs?
    i don't understand the stealth fighter version, either. i could understand maybe an SR-71 (super-sonic spy plane. faster than the speed of sound, and picks up soundwaves from the enemy...) but i always saw soundwave as more passive, non-combat support material.
    Yeah, I saw him that way as well. And someone made the argument that this Soundwave is supersonic so that counts, but the F-117a he's based off of is a subsonic fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by KAK
    Im just hoping that in future figure releases they include more of his little comrades.
    With the addition of Minicons to Transformers, I cannot imagine them NOT doing more of them, but the US has been burned on Soundwave's little buddies before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy
    Does that pic show the mini-TF fitting in his chest? Oh, that's too cool.
    Well, it shows Soundwave's chest open, and the little buddy looks like he transforms into something rectangular, so I'm hoping...

After writing my mini-review (well, mini compared to my usual review sizes) of Vector Prime last night, I got to thinking about the fact that he appears to be the only TF:CY figure in the line so far who has a Cyber Planet Key that doesn't do any sort of physical gimmick, and the electronic audio gimmick it does is really minor as well.

Then I started looking more carefully at the key and the slot it plugs into, it covers the figure's concave dish chest, in the center of that dish is a round, red dome, and the key slot itself has that isosceles-trapezoidal cut-out which most of the other keys have but VP's key in fact does not - other keys also seem to be the same diameter across as the chest dish. This might be because originally Vector Prime was supposed to have another gimmick which was abandoned, possibly that the red dome in the middle of his chest might have originally been intended to be a light, and when you plugged a key into his chest (besides his own which isn't see-through in the middle, unlike all the others), the chest would illuminate the key. That would have been a much more worthwhile Planet Key gimmick I think.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looks like the rumored Starscream (small version) vs. Vector Prime two pack is true.. damn! Now I wished I hadn't bought VP and waited for this.

Skids looks sweet in person! Can't wait for him.

I also confirmed with the Hasbro rep that the Alternators line is not dying out with Skids, but due to the licensing they're not at liberty to divulge specifics.

And the huge red semi-truck. . . Hasbro folk say it's a red herring to build up hype. I doubt it. I think after the Hasbro presentation today, that tarp's coming off.

If you get by the con, be sure to check out his mud-flaps. There's a silhouette of Elita One vamping it up
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hasbro also said they WILL be introducing larger Alternators.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Looks like the rumored Starscream (small version) vs. Vector Prime two pack is true.. damn! Now I wished I hadn't bought VP and waited for this.
    Yeah, I saw that in the figures.com photos and on tformers. I studied the box, Starscream gets no electronics (packaging says 2 AAA batteries required, which is what VP needs, and on the back only VP gets mention of electronic features) or any other changes from the Japanese GF Starscream though except for that metallic paint (which does look pretty nice in the photos, but I've been burned on Hasbro prototype paint jobs way too many times now). I just bought VP obviously, and since I bought GF Starscream months ago, I really have no use for this pack.

It's a pretty crummy 2pack IMO, if it had something more special or unique in there than a just-released figure, they probably could have pried money out of my hands, and it certainly won't feel good for collectors who just bought VP.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, I saw that in the figures.com photos and on tformers. I studied the box, Starscream gets no electronics (packaging says 2 AAA batteries required, which is what VP needs, and on the back only VP gets mention of electronic features) or any other changes from the Japanese GF Starscream though except for that metallic paint (which does look pretty nice in the photos, but I've been burned on Hasbro prototype paint jobs way too many times now). I just bought VP obviously, and since I bought GF Starscream months ago, I really have no use for this pack.

It's a pretty crummy 2pack IMO, if it had something more special or unique in there than a just-released figure, they probably could have pried money out of my hands, and it certainly won't feel good for collectors who just bought VP.
    Well, Starscream IS new to American shores, just like the miniprime and megs from Energon were new. They got my cash for that exclusive and they'll get my cash for this one. Mostly because I didn't get VP yet and this release looks to be free of the bent-wing issue. wootini!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

If they had packed Starscream alone or Starscream with another non-US figure, they likely would have gotten my money too, but Vector Prime is really my breaking point since I own him already, GF Screamer or not.

I talked with Hasbro today on Transformers for quite a while.

They also swapped me out my Hound with the broken door for their display model of him. I almost got a rare production model of him during the process. But we noticed the headlights were a different color, etc. So I had to Transform mine into the Jeep and trade them for their showcase Jeep so as to keep their showcase consistent with showing each character in robot and vehicle mode. Well I was getting stumped a little without the instructions - like on how to do his feet and what moves without breaking him (by forcing anything) A 3rd guy (just another collector / customer) had to help both myself and Jeremy from Hasbro out. Another dude from Hasbro was laughing saying we'd failed the time-test.

They asked me (with no reason I'd prompted it) if I bought the repaints (ie. Grimlock, Wheeljack). I told them I did not. That I've bought 1 of each sculpt. Skids might be re-released as Ironhide in the future, and I'd been honest with them: I love the design (as Chuxter indicated - it's cool!) but I may wait and get it as Ironhide instead. (They said they are going to add flame decales to Skids in the final production piece. However the mold will not represent Rodimus Prime.)

They basically interviewed me a bit. I said I was after G1 primary characters that were featured in the cartoon show prominantly: Ironhide, BumbleBee, amongst others I forgot to mention (like Mirage, who I totally should have brought up). Volkswagon is still not budging by the way.

I told them I would buy repaints of Decepticon Jets for the Alternators line. They want to do them and they said they don't need a special occasion to do Starscream at that size in a special collectors' issue that might cost more if it's going to be on scale with the regular Alternators line.

There's more but I'm so tired. These conventions get really exhausting.

I'll post more soon.