Page 59 of 565 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I talked with Hasbro today on Transformers for quite a while.

They also swapped me out my Hound with the broken door for their display model of him. I almost got a rare production model of him during the process. But we noticed the headlights were a different color, etc. So I had to Transform mine into the Jeep and trade them for their showcase Jeep so as to keep their showcase consistent with showing each character in robot and vehicle mode. Well I was getting stumped a little without the instructions - like on how to do his feet and what moves without breaking him (by forcing anything) A 3rd guy (just another collector / customer) had to help both myself and Jeremy from Hasbro out. Another dude from Hasbro was laughing saying we'd failed the time-test.

They asked me (with no reason I'd prompted it) if I bought the repaints (ie. Grimlock, Wheeljack). I told them I did not. That I've bought 1 of each sculpt. Skids might be re-released as Ironhide in the future, and I'd been honest with them: I love the design (as Chuxter indicated - it's cool!) but I may wait and get it as Ironhide instead. (They said they are going to add flame decales to Skids in the final production piece. However the mold will not represent Rodimus Prime.)

They basically interviewed me a bit. I said I was after G1 primary characters that were featured in the cartoon show prominantly: Ironhide, BumbleBee, amongst others I forgot to mention (like Mirage, who I totally should have brought up). Volkswagon is still not budging by the way.

I told them I would buy repaints of Decepticon Jets for the Alternators line. They want to do them and they said they don't need a special occasion to do Starscream at that size in a special collectors' issue that might cost more if it's going to be on scale with the regular Alternators line.

There's more but I'm so tired. These conventions get really exhausting.

I'll post more soon.
    Damn. I love the remolds. I really hope they don't decide to stop releasing other characters simply because they'd just be remolds. Or not bring over the asterisk line because collectors "wouldn't be interested."
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Yeah, I know Tycho is passionate about Hasbro Star Wars and Transformers, but I kinda wish they wouldn't listen to him because his collecting habits are WAY outside the norm in both lines.

I am tired of Hasbro talking big game about the Alternators jets, stop yapping about them and just DO IT!!! How many times do they have to make a claim in this department that they don't later back up?

BTW, this week's ep of TF:CY slipped way back into Armada/Energon territory. The kids are obnoxious (though that goof that was a shot at E's Kicker was a little funny) and Dolt, I mean "Jolt", he was supremely dopey and annoying. And how stupid is it that Vector Prime, Optimus, and the Autobots are digging out in the open and then fighting Thundercrackah & Starscream, but even though Jetfire is already nearly to where Bud & Scattorshot are in space and the Autobots are getting beat down by the 'Cons, VP tells "Massive Attack Mode" Optimus to go help Jetfire save Bud & Scattorshot instead. Plus, Scattorshot & Bud are thousands of miles away from this battle's location yet both the space bridge bubble AND Jetfire end up getting hit by STRAY fire from that battle.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, I know Tycho is passionate about Hasbro Star Wars and Transformers, but I kinda wish they wouldn't listen to him because his collecting habits are WAY outside the norm in both lines.
    Oh come on! I have great ideas. In mixing with Hasbro close to closing time one night, I suggested we get some drinks and discuss Mouse Droid 6 packs, as well as Transformers that convert into Mouse Droids.

A few drinks later I got the impression that the new Mouse Droid Universe Line will first be officially announced later this summer at Wizard Con!

We also put a bow tie on Hound (mine that had broken and that I'd traded back - if anyone noticed what he was wearing the last day in the showcase) and it was suggested that a new line of accessory clothing for Transformers might work to bring new excitement and cross-gender interest into play with the toys. For lack of a better name, the new Autobot / Decepticon clothing line will be called the Transvestors! Hasbro hopes this newly designed line will offer an alternative to Mattel's Barbie and SideShow's authentic clothing for their dolls. No other toy manufacturer is making robots that wear clothes. I pointed to General Grievous and his bodyguards' success with this.

It all makes sense to me.

Transvestors!
    Hahahahahaha!!!

-----

I missed the last ep. of Cybertron on Saturday.

I asked (Aaron Archer) why CN decided to screw us (didn't use those words) out of the first few episodes, making the first episode that they did show us so confusing. He said something about CN wanting to kick things off with an exciting episode. (I suppose the lack of a decent introduction or any kind of backstory does make for an exciting show.)

Saw the whole line of figures in person. Those beast type figures look good -- I'm sold on those.

I'm also sold on that miniature line of Cybertron figures. They're going for about $2.99 and we picked up two of them -- Optimus and Megatron -- and they're really fun. A great idea and a great price.
    plasticfetish.net

Oh come on! I have great ideas. In mixing with Hasbro close to closing time one night, I suggested we get some drinks and discuss Mouse Droid 6 packs, as well as Transformers that convert into Mouse Droids.

A few drinks later I got the impression that the new Mouse Droid Universe Line will first be officially announced later this summer at Wizard Con!

We also put a bow tie on Hound (mine that had broken and that I'd traded back - if anyone noticed what he was wearing the last day in the showcase) and it was suggested that a new line of accessory clothing for Transformers might work to bring new excitement and cross-gender interest into play with the toys. For lack of a better name, the new Autobot / Decepticon clothing line will be called the Transvestors! Hasbro hopes this newly designed line will offer an alternative to Mattel's Barbie and SideShow's authentic clothing for their dolls. No other toy manufacturer is making robots that wear clothes. I pointed to General Grievous and his bodyguards' success with this.

It all makes sense to me.
    You made me laugh Tycho...but I'll still kill you if they decide not to bring over the Asterisk line because of you

I agree about the Cybertron minis. I'm probably not going to buy most of the larger versions of these figures, but the mini versions are incredibly fun with very little investment. I bought the whole first wave and, with the free Skywarp giveaway, they make for a really great set. If the rumors of Thundercracker coming to BotCon are true, I've got an extra to trade. It'd be awesome to have a War Within inspired seeker force!

I'm so sick of Archer's answers, if he's Hasbro's main guy he should have stood up to Cartoon Network on that issue.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm so sick of Archer's answers, if he's Hasbro's main guy he should have stood up to Cartoon Network on that issue.
    You have to understand: Archer is a tool. He wasn't always a tool. He used to be the fandom's greatest asset. Then Hasbro pulled a Manchurian Candidate on him and now he's a tool.

I honestly don't think he expected me to ask him that. I kind of jumped from, "What's up with the movie and are you guys still focusing on designing toys for it like you told me last year?" to... "Hey, the Cybertron line looks like a lot of fun, I'm much more enthusiastic about it than I was about Armada and Energon." to... "So, what happened to the first few episodes of the cartoon and do you think maybe the show can stay on at a time when somebody might want to watch it?"

I've discovered that I can pretty much ask any question that I want, if I follow it up by pointing to my son and saying, "Well, he loves this stuff, so I suppose you guys are doing something right." (At which point someone from Hasbro pops in from around the corner and says, "That's what we like to hear!")
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    I've discovered that I can pretty much ask any question that I want, if I follow it up by pointing to my son and saying, "Well, he loves this stuff, so I suppose you guys are doing something right." (At which point someone from Hasbro pops in from around the corner and says, "That's what we like to hear!")
    ha, ha hahaha

I know Archer is a tool, but as a tool of Hasbro he should at least be looking out for THEIR best frickin' interests!!! By letting CN get away with this, he has basically shot Hasbro in the face.

PF, if you can keep them off-guard long enough to get straight answers out of them by using your kid as cover, I say "get more children, STAT!"

"That's what we like to hear" - corporate doublespeak for "we pretend we know what we're doing and when anybody bolsters that erroneous belief of ours, we appreciate them not scratching at the wet-sand foundation of our lies."