Page 61 of 596 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

picked up alt. ravage and broke down and opened the swindle i had bought for a friend. ravage is cool. no surprises here, but swindle is a different story. it's funny how a couple of different parts and a different head can affect the attitude of this mold. hound looks like a tool (even though he's totally cool, he's supposed to be a tool...) whereas swindle comes off bad***.

his tires are too large to do the "stuff them back in the chest" thing, however, which just makes him appear that much different from hound.

on that note, who here positions stuff differently on remolds? in the pix i posted a couple posts back, you can see a difference in how i position the doors on shockwave as opposed to jazz, and on silverstreak as opposed to smokescreen... now on ravage, i have him with the rocket launchers up, but on tracks i have them folded back.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    And, despite my usual good luck with Alternators, I've yet to see Swerve. Will he still be shipping when Prowl and Decepticharge come out?
    jeez, man... you're already looking for swerve... in terms of finding cool toys, i hate living in the slow south...
    Last edited by darthvyn; 07-25-2005 at 06:02 PM.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but I found an ebay auction for 11 alternators for a mere $100, plus shipping of course(which is very reasonable.) I would buy these myself, but just don't have the money right now.

Hope someone else can benefit from this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Better hurry though, I doubt it will last long.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw
    Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but I found an ebay auction for 11 alternators for a mere $100, plus shipping of course(which is very reasonable.) I would buy these myself, but just don't have the money right now.

Hope someone else can benefit from this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Better hurry though, I doubt it will last long.
    gone, but it wasn't me. Too bad it was missing Tracks, though. THAT woulda been hawt.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

JT did you post your Ransack fix on other boards? Just curious as to how it got to 2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showth...6&page=1&pp=15

I posted it on BWTF, the only other forums where I discuss Transformers, and I emailed Dave van Domelen about it when I put up the page because he's been a top-notch solid resource for my TF collecting for almost as long as I've been on the web (and because it was his posting of the Ransack Cyber Key code and mention of the design sketch it unlocked in his review which finally got me off my butt on the project) so I thought he deserved to know about it first. I just checked my Geocities stats, the Allspark forums also have a thread about it, got over 200 views from these sources at this point. I am glad to see some of the folks on tfw2005 were able to get this to work out, though Mike's brother's situation is really odd and I cannot imagine what that stems from. "TSFC" claims that both companies are making a fix on this, but nobody else has confirmed it or made much mention of it.

Anyway, I'm glad the word is out on this, it's my opinion that this makes the alt mode much better, and in turn makes the figure overall better. I just wish it was an easier fix, why Hasbro used a pin-hinge instead of a simpler bump-hinge is totally beyond me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I posted it on BWTF, the only other forums where I discuss Transformers, and I emailed Dave van Domelen about it when I put up the page because he's been a top-notch solid resource for my TF collecting for almost as long as I've been on the web (and because it was his posting of the Ransack Cyber Key code and mention of the design sketch it unlocked in his review which finally got me off my butt on the project) so I thought he deserved to know about it first. I just checked my Geocities stats, the Allspark forums also have a thread about it, got over 200 views from these sources at this point. I am glad to see some of the folks on tfw2005 were able to get this to work out, though Mike's brother's situation is really odd and I cannot imagine what that stems from. "TSFC" claims that both companies are making a fix on this, but nobody else has confirmed it or made much mention of it.

Anyway, I'm glad the word is out on this, it's my opinion that this makes the alt mode much better, and in turn makes the figure overall better. I just wish it was an easier fix, why Hasbro used a pin-hinge instead of a simpler bump-hinge is totally beyond me.
    Found the wave 2 scouts at Target in Culver City. I think they're prepping for the reopening. I also think they had all the wave 1 deluxes/scouts/voyagers/leaders plus Supreamer, but I'm not paying that close attention to what's in each wave. I bought the minicons (love new minicons) and clocker because he looks like he could be a G1 season 3 bot. He's fun, but his wheels don't actually touch the ground. He'd be cooler if he were a hover car...then he'd be very blurrish.

Override/Red Alert are out as well.

Chaddy, I'm surprised to hear Clocker has problems, my Galaxy Force version "Skids" has no problems with his wheels all touching the ground, and I hear that Clocker also has his front end come apart easily sometimes as well, again not a problem mine has.

I'm really antsy to get the wave 2 basics and deluxes that are showing up now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Chaddy, I'm surprised to hear Clocker has problems, my Galaxy Force version "Skids" has no problems with his wheels all touching the ground, and I hear that Clocker also has his front end come apart easily sometimes as well, again not a problem mine has.

I'm really antsy to get the wave 2 basics and deluxes that are showing up now.
    I'm probably transforming him wrong. Or he sucks. Who knows. I still can't find my Gasket. I have NO idea where I put him.

My wife found me a Swerve yesterday, so I'm up to date on my Alternators.

So far, I've only opened Sideswipe, Smokescreen, and Prime (he's an Alternator in all but the name).

I'm planning to display them altogether, with at least one vehicle per sculpt. Who's in what mode depends on who looks best.

Sideswipe/Dead End is easy. Dead End's the better looking car, and Sideswipe's already in robot form.

Smokescreen/Silverstreak is a bit less easy, since Smokescreen's the obvious choice for vehicle mode. A bit less easy since now I have to spend another hour transforming him.

Shockwaveblast and Meister, I'm leaning toward Shockblast, regardless of my love for Jazz.

Decepticharge is an obvious choice for car mode over Windcharger.

Wheeljack will remain a car over Grimlock, since Wheeljack would look stupid with a sword.

Which leaves (unless I'm missing someone) Hound/Swindle and Tracks/Swerve/Ravage.

Hound/Swindle, no idea.

Ravage's head is so weird that he warrants a robot form display. But for the other two, well, I'm not sure about. Swerve looks best as a vehicle, but I can't remember if Tracks has those cool exhaust pipe cannon things on his arm or not.

Any thoughts?
    Tommy, close your eyes.