Page 62 of 582 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    My wife found me a Swerve yesterday, so I'm up to date on my Alternators.

So far, I've only opened Sideswipe, Smokescreen, and Prime (he's an Alternator in all but the name).

I'm planning to display them altogether, with at least one vehicle per sculpt. Who's in what mode depends on who looks best.

Sideswipe/Dead End is easy. Dead End's the better looking car, and Sideswipe's already in robot form.

Smokescreen/Silverstreak is a bit less easy, since Smokescreen's the obvious choice for vehicle mode. A bit less easy since now I have to spend another hour transforming him.

Shockwaveblast and Meister, I'm leaning toward Shockblast, regardless of my love for Jazz.

Decepticharge is an obvious choice for car mode over Windcharger.

Wheeljack will remain a car over Grimlock, since Wheeljack would look stupid with a sword.

Which leaves (unless I'm missing someone) Hound/Swindle and Tracks/Swerve/Ravage.

Hound/Swindle, no idea.

Ravage's head is so weird that he warrants a robot form display. But for the other two, well, I'm not sure about. Swerve looks best as a vehicle, but I can't remember if Tracks has those cool exhaust pipe cannon things on his arm or not.

Any thoughts?
    Tracks does have the cool exhaust pipe things on his arms, but they aren't metallic red like they are on Ravage, which I think is hot. If you put the flame decal on him instead of Swerve, I say he should be in vehicle mode. That said, he definitely has the better robot mode compared to Swerve. Frankly, Swerve's just not a great figure when you put it all together. If you put the flame decal on him, I guess he'd be the best choice for vehicle and Tracks for robot.

All my Alts are in vehicle mode. I just feel like, you know, they're robots in disguise. So, they stay in disguise.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

that's funny, because i have 'em all in bot mode right now.

if you're looking to display bots with cars, i would put my vote in for ravage to be a car, since he's the only drop-top corvette, tracks to be in bot mode, because he looks really cool, and then send me swerve so you don't have the headache of deciding which mode to put him in. no, i would say leave swerve in car mode as well.

as for hound and swindle, hound in car mode, swindle in bot. swindle looks so much cooler than hound as the bot, and the jeep always looks cool.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy
    I'm probably transforming him wrong. Or he sucks. Who knows. I still can't find my Gasket. I have NO idea where I put him.
    I don't think you're transforming him wrong, I'm seeing this same complaint from other reviews. The Galaxy Force version I have doesn't have any problems, though he does have a ridiculously-low ground clearance. Mine holds together 2 ways, first the front end has to snap over the front of the arms because they're squared off, this lines it up, then there's a tab that fits behind the passenger-side dashboard which keeps it in check. My guess is that on the CY version, one of those 2 things is not working right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Shockwaveblast and Meister, I'm leaning toward Shockblast, regardless of my love for Jazz.
    Shockblast looks great in both modes, Meister looks only "ok" in either. Shockblast makes a good-looking Decepticon for this line though, so bot mode would probably be the way to go.

Wheeljack will remain a car over Grimlock, since Wheeljack would look stupid with a sword.
    The sword can be left on the floorpan in bot mode. I think Grimmy's colors look better for car mode, and would use WJ as the bot (not that I have WJ though).

Hound/Swindle, no idea.
    I don't have Swindle, but he would stand out better as a bot I suspect, Hound's dark green body really makes it hard to see the details.

Ravage's head is so weird that he warrants a robot form display. But for the other two, well, I'm not sure about. Swerve looks best as a vehicle, but I can't remember if Tracks has those cool exhaust pipe cannon things on his arm or not.
    I think Ravage looks better in alt mode, his red seats and lack of top are the best version of this car in the line. Tracks has those cannons on his arms, and I think he looks better in bot mode as I hate the tiny roof Chevy gave the Z06. Plus, I think Swerve's colors and head look a little lame, while Tracks makes a nice impact with his head and colors so different from the other bots.

- - -

I picked up Cybertron Thundercracker yesterday, here's my review...

CY Thundercracker - Boy is it hard not to call him "Thundercrackah!" Anyway, first thing I'll say is that unlike a lot of the reviews I've read, the one I bought yesterday holds together very well in alt mode and doesn't have much trouble in bot mode either - perhap Hasbro made some fixes and waiting helped, or I just got lucky. Thundercracker's alt mode is a twin-tailed fighter jet of some sort, it looks pretty decent here and as I said, mine holds together quite well - the tails are rubbery plastic but mine aren't warped thankfully. The slightly-drooping and bulbous nose is apparently being used in some real jets coming soon, it gives TC here a slightly foreign feel. Thanks in part to the realistic (albeit non-removable) missiles under the wings and the integrated shape of the lower legs, the jet looks very nice from most angles, not kibbly at all; and the smaller profile of the bot legs makes the jet seem like the right size instead of a jet sitting on big boxes like too many other TF jets. The colors are decent too, the orange wash is even and really makes it seem like it's alive and teeming with power. The cockpit interior is too small and simple, but that's a minor thing. The cyber key gimmick isn't especially interesting but is well-concealed when not in use, on mine it pushes that part of the body out of position when activated and reveals the bot's face. Transformation is satisfying enough, the part about locking the left shoulder onto the torso isn't mentioned anywhere though even though it makes a big difference. Bot mode is lanky and very long-legged, the overall sculpt and face are a bit too simplistic. On mine, the bot mode holds together alright, the left shoulder locks into the torso while the right one is not designed to, instead it is more like E-Starscream's "on the loose" shoulders, but they both work. The figure has decent articulation but has some limitations from blocking parts and his tiny feet. The things that bother me the most are the entire wing structure being just a lazy backpack, and of course that his left hand is a friggin' gun that's over 4 inches long - they could have just as easily made it a removable weapon that stowed on his back, but instead they went the crappy route instead and it's a pain to work with. The key gimmick is totally pointless here as you can now access the launcher already. Bottom line, TC has a great alt mode and bolsters the Decepticon forces, on that alone I dig him, but his gimmick is lame and his bot mode is kinda bland.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I don't think you're transforming him wrong, I'm seeing this same complaint from other reviews. The Galaxy Force version I have doesn't have any problems, though he does have a ridiculously-low ground clearance. Mine holds together 2 ways, first the front end has to snap over the front of the arms because they're squared off, this lines it up, then there's a tab that fits behind the passenger-side dashboard which keeps it in check. My guess is that on the CY version, one of those 2 things is not working right.

Shockblast looks great in both modes, Meister looks only "ok" in either. Shockblast makes a good-looking Decepticon for this line though, so bot mode would probably be the way to go.

The sword can be left on the floorpan in bot mode. I think Grimmy's colors look better for car mode, and would use WJ as the bot (not that I have WJ though).

I don't have Swindle, but he would stand out better as a bot I suspect, Hound's dark green body really makes it hard to see the details.

I think Ravage looks better in alt mode, his red seats and lack of top are the best version of this car in the line. Tracks has those cannons on his arms, and I think he looks better in bot mode as I hate the tiny roof Chevy gave the Z06. Plus, I think Swerve's colors and head look a little lame, while Tracks makes a nice impact with his head and colors so different from the other bots.

- - -

I picked up Cybertron Thundercracker yesterday, here's my review...

CY Thundercracker - Boy is it hard not to call him "Thundercrackah!" Anyway, first thing I'll say is that unlike a lot of the reviews I've read, the one I bought yesterday holds together very well in alt mode and doesn't have much trouble in bot mode either - perhap Hasbro made some fixes and waiting helped, or I just got lucky. Thundercracker's alt mode is a twin-tailed fighter jet of some sort, it looks pretty decent here and as I said, mine holds together quite well - the tails are rubbery plastic but mine aren't warped thankfully. The slightly-drooping and bulbous nose is apparently being used in some real jets coming soon, it gives TC here a slightly foreign feel. Thanks in part to the realistic (albeit non-removable) missiles under the wings and the integrated shape of the lower legs, the jet looks very nice from most angles, not kibbly at all; and the smaller profile of the bot legs makes the jet seem like the right size instead of a jet sitting on big boxes like too many other TF jets. The colors are decent too, the orange wash is even and really makes it seem like it's alive and teeming with power. The cockpit interior is too small and simple, but that's a minor thing. The cyber key gimmick isn't especially interesting but is well-concealed when not in use, on mine it pushes that part of the body out of position when activated and reveals the bot's face. Transformation is satisfying enough, the part about locking the left shoulder onto the torso isn't mentioned anywhere though even though it makes a big difference. Bot mode is lanky and very long-legged, the overall sculpt and face are a bit too simplistic. On mine, the bot mode holds together alright, the left shoulder locks into the torso while the right one is not designed to, instead it is more like E-Starscream's "on the loose" shoulders, but they both work. The figure has decent articulation but has some limitations from blocking parts and his tiny feet. The things that bother me the most are the entire wing structure being just a lazy backpack, and of course that his left hand is a friggin' gun that's over 4 inches long - they could have just as easily made it a removable weapon that stowed on his back, but instead they went the crappy route instead and it's a pain to work with. The key gimmick is totally pointless here as you can now access the launcher already. Bottom line, TC has a great alt mode and bolsters the Decepticon forces, on that alone I dig him, but his gimmick is lame and his bot mode is kinda bland.
    As soon as I've saved up enough disposeable income, I want to buy the clear backing to Wheeljack's head from KCC. That looks awesome and makes me wonder why we have to wait for a fan to do this. I also want to by the repro launchers with springs. Again, why do we have to wait for a fan? I got the repro barrel for windcharger and was very happy (even bought a second for when I find 'Charge...IF I find 'Charge...)

Hmm, the trans head for Alt Wheeljack looks pretty decent, I can't imagine why Hasbro borfed this. I am very tempted by the Windcharger gun replacement and the Smokescreen guns.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked up wave 2 figs last night, the minicon team, Hardtop, Override, and Red Alert. The minicon team is very keen, Sixspeed isn't great but Jolt is fun and Reverb is amazing, I love his transformation and hope they use it on a deluxe or mega soon so they can add shoulder joints and such. Hardtop is a crummy alt mode, hideous colors, but an interesting transformation and decent robot once you get past the wheels being pure kibble. Override is very ambitious, the colors are pretty "bleh" and the upper-body autotransform makes for a floppy bot, the bot mode boots are kinda annoying, and the weapon is pretty bland, but it's still a pretty cool transformer. And then there's Red Alert, also known as my new best friend, who has a very nifty Dodge Magnum alt mode, a decent key gimmick (in both modes), a totally unique and cool transformation, and a very nice bot mode with 2 add-on tools stored under the hood halves - this figure absolutely ROCKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I picked up wave 2 figs last night, the minicon team, Hardtop, Override, and Red Alert. The minicon team is very keen, Sixspeed isn't great but Jolt is fun and Reverb is amazing, I love his transformation and hope they use it on a deluxe or mega soon so they can add shoulder joints and such. Hardtop is a crummy alt mode, hideous colors, but an interesting transformation and decent robot once you get past the wheels being pure kibble. Override is very ambitious, the colors are pretty "bleh" and the upper-body autotransform makes for a floppy bot, the bot mode boots are kinda annoying, and the weapon is pretty bland, but it's still a pretty cool transformer. And then there's Red Alert, also known as my new best friend, who has a very nifty Dodge Magnum alt mode, a decent key gimmick (in both modes), a totally unique and cool transformation, and a very nice bot mode with 2 add-on tools stored under the hood halves - this figure absolutely ROCKS!!!
    I found a Swerve at Target, but they were still putting stuff out so I couldn't hide it (there was a Target employee in EVERY AISLE! They just did their reset..) Does anybody want it? PM me and I'll give you location or, tomorrow morning, I'll just stash it somewhere for you.

I saw Swerve too. I laughed at him then moved on.

Glad to hear that about Red Alert! Target's around here JUST got wave 1, so I won't see him too soon..

The Targets I found the post-wave-1 basics and deluxes at had never had Cybertron figs in before, these were their initial shelvings, so don't give up the hunt right now.

Anybody seeing Alternators being marked down in their neck of the woods? I went to a Walmart a couple of days ago and they had several Windcharger figs marked down to $15, along with a red price tag. Im kind of worried that they intend to drop the line, since it took them so long to get rid of previous figures.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay