Page 65 of 588 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I suspect that the Grimmy/swoop set was in short supply because Hasbro knew they had a bit of a dog on their hands, if they had produced more they would have ended up with a lot of unsold product, so they kept it low and interest flourished. I highly doubt Cybertron Soundwave will end up in that position.

BTW, check it out, Primus in cybertron mode: http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&al...views%2FPrimus
    There are only a few figures in Cybertron that I feel are worth buying, but those figures really are THE HOTNESS. Prime, Primus, and Soundwave are awesome. Sure, that's a small percentage, but if the rest of the toys had to suck in order to support the brain power necessary to come up with these winners, so be it.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Anybody see the Prime thats being offered for preorder (i seen him at Bigbadtoystore) that can hold a bottle of Pepsi on his truck bed?

I would like to see a picture of Primus next to Unicron, just to see how he stacks up to him.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac
    There are only a few figures in Cybertron that I feel are worth buying, but those figures really are THE HOTNESS. Prime, Primus, and Soundwave are awesome. Sure, that's a small percentage, but if the rest of the toys had to suck in order to support the brain power necessary to come up with these winners, so be it.

That is chock full of lies ( or perhaps ignorance)! Prime is great of course, but there are other figures that of the same quality than just those three.

EDIT: Like today I found Red Alert, who is the bee's knees. JT and I are going to have to fight for who Red Alert's best friend is.

Not only is his transformation, to my knowledge, very unique, he is also compact and still has good articulation. One of the best of this line so far.
    Last edited by Adam; 08-24-2005 at 03:45 PM.

I can understand some TF fans not digging the Cybertron line, it is an advancement of the Armada and Energon lines - some fans didn't like G2 in its day either, it's understandable. CY Optimus is bad to the bone though, he's just a kick-arse Transformer no matter where yer coming from. I will side with Adam about this line having more good figures than just those 3, but I can't fault Chaddy for feeling the way he does either.

KAK, no I haven't seen that, got a link? Scratch that, I hit BBTS and found it:
    http://bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr728

It's only holding a 20 oz bottle (or similar size), I was expecting a 2 liter, this is just regular old G1 Prime with a new trailer.

Adam, glad you dig Red Alert, but he was my friend first! Seriously though, yours is your friend and mine is my friend.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

okay, so i saw cybertron vector prime today, and had to get him as a gift for mrs. darthvyn's cousin, who will be our ring-bearer. VP looks AWESOME! the detail in the mold is insane. i might have to pick this guy up for myself!!! that would be the first non-alternator transformer i've bought since the reissue of G1 prowl. before that it was some beastwars stuff. i'm psyched about VP, yet dismayed that it might turn into a larger collection...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

This is just me, but I found VP very disappointing, they skimped on the paint, too many parts are soft rubber, the legs are just a pointless box under the vehicle mode, transformation is really low-level, and the gimmick is a waste. Plus, they're including him with the mega-sized Starscream soon in a TRU-exclusive set, and that's the only way so far to get mega-sized Starscream.

I got CY Megatron for my birthday yesterday, he's pretty cool but his colors are an eyesore and there are a pair of parts which really don't have anywhere to go in vehicle mode, miserable ground clearance, and too many soft-rubber parts are warped. On the other hand, he is pretty nifty looking in all 3 modes, he's a big bot, decent articulation, gimmicks aren't bad, he's fairly boss.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the repaint will be upgraded from "fairly boss" to "pretty boss."

Yeah, the gray one in the japanese photos looks way nicer, but the shin guards still end up with no place to go in the alt modes which will still be a pain. If they rejigger that situation though, it'd just take the cake.

Hey, heres a pic i seen (courtesy of tfw2005.com) of the new Alternators packaging. http://www.tfw2005.com/cybertron/tra...kaging18aw.jpg

I like the new look of them in the sense that it blends in with the Cybertron figures that are out now, i just hope i dont pass on any of them because i do mistake them for Cybertron. Im sure you guys are tired of hearing me say it, but i really want Sunstreaker.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Hey, heres a pic i seen (courtesy of tfw2005.com) of the new Alternators packaging. http://www.tfw2005.com/cybertron/tra...kaging18aw.jpg

I like the new look of them in the sense that it blends in with the Cybertron figures that are out now, i just hope i dont pass on any of them because i do mistake them for Cybertron. Im sure you guys are tired of hearing me say it, but i really want Sunstreaker.
    That's weird...but I like it. *shrug*

At least that means there's a good chance of finding Prowl. If he's shipping with two packagings, it means it'll be two different assortment numbers and he'll likely be in wide release.

Also nice to see Streaker. Is he going to be an exclusive somewhere, or will that be a wide release? I mean, if they'll do a wide release for a boring (but much loved) repaint like Swerve, they ought to for Streaker too.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!