Page 71 of 580 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

I didn't know that the tC was a US only car... I assumed that they were all Toyotas in Japan.

We love ours, it's a brilliant car, esp. for the price. I drove and priced a few in the same size/style range (focus, golf, etc.) and this is as good as it gets. Really thinking about getting an xB in a year or so also now, and I didn't like that car at all... until I sat in one.

I could see Toyota wanting to hook up TF versions of all 3 of these -- it's great PR for the line.

Actually BBTS has the SKids wave set for November/December, but that may just be incorrect. They also have Cybertron Galvatron and Metroplex as coming out this month.... which isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    I didn't know that the tC was a US only car... I assumed that they were all Toyotas in Japan.

We love ours, it's a brilliant car, esp. for the price. I drove and priced a few in the same size/style range (focus, golf, etc.) and this is as good as it gets. Really thinking about getting an xB in a year or so also now, and I didn't like that car at all... until I sat in one.

I could see Toyota wanting to hook up TF versions of all 3 of these -- it's great PR for the line.
    yeah, the tC was created for the american market, thus it's a little bigger than the other two scions. both the xB and xA were based on toyota's japanese-market bB and aA. i love the tC, but i don't know about the xB - i drove one for a long trip (i went along on some dealer trades for my wife's aunt...) and i felt it was great for around-the-town driving but HORRIBLE for freeway driving. very rough ride...

but, to get back on topic, i don't hold out hope for a tC alt because of the fact that they don't have the car over there... if somehow they could pull the same thing they're doing with the ram pickup/optimus/convoy with some kind of iconic character, we might get one. that would be cool...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

They had Prowl and Decepticharge at Target this morning. I left them behind however. Not interested; no regrets.

I still haven't found Decepticharge yet, that was an especially poigniant bummer when an actual S2000 blew by us on the streets tonight (actually though, it was the exact same color as Windcharger so that was kinda cool).

I saw the first TF:CY Armada Remold today, Longrack who is remolded from Armada's Hoist (an ok but overrated figure IMO), he comes with a DVD of an ep. I passed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Man, and thats the only Armada remold that I want. I saw the Sideswipe repaint who's name I forget, and was ****ed that the rest of the wave was probably in the back room. (The pegs were full.) And Target has that policy of not getting "collector" items from the backstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Man, and thats the only Armada remold that I want. I saw the Sideswipe repaint who's name I forget, and was ****ed that the rest of the wave was probably in the back room. (The pegs were full.) And Target has that policy of not getting "collector" items from the backstock.
    I got the recolor of Blurr. He's pretty cool, except for the fact that when they remolded his guns, they made it so he can no longer hold them. VERY frustrating.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Are the pegs now too small or too big or something?

Anyways, I went to another Target today that had Buzzsaw, Runabout, AND Sideways. The shelve was full to the brim, so I guessed that the others were in the backstock. I found a logistic team member nearby and he went to the back and came out with Snarl and Longrack. (Guess he forgot about that little rule or just didn't care. ) So I got those two and Sideways.

Longrack: Not much to say here. Like this one in Armada, still like him now. His head is a little bit too small. The right arm gimmick actually works on this version, unlike Hoist.

Snarl: At first I wasn't going to get this guy, but The more I saw of him the more I liked. His upperbody is mostly pearl white, so lots of detail gets lost unless you're up close. My paint pen will fix that soon enough. His right arm is actually the wolf's head from beast mode, which is kinda weird at first but not so bad once you're used to it. The arm itself would be better if his force chip gimmick was better. Once inserted, the mouth opens and fangs come out. Its not too great, the fangs are not long at all. It would be a little better if it held, but you have press on the key to keep it open or it will pop out. After fiddling with it a minute, I found that if you turn the blue patches of fur that move when you insert the key forward with the force chip inserted it will hold. But the chip has to stay in. The arms themselves have pretty good movement. The legs do not. Forward and backward movement are unhindered, but the knees don't bend that much. They can't move out at all, so no wide stances here. The tail from beast mode becomes either a gun or a sword tanks the hands swivel. It looks a little silly in beast mode. Beast mode itself is servicable, but the legs could have used more movement. If you can live with the limited leg articulation in bot mode, then I would recommend this figure.

Sideways: Out of the three, this one is the best. He's waaaaaaay better than Armada Sideswipe. He looks slick in both modes. Articulation is excellent. Aside from basic movent, he has wrist movement and ball jointed hips giving him wide range of movement and poses. Only oversight is that his shoulders do not lock in. Its no where near as bad as Thundercracker, but can be annoying at time. The wings stored on his legs can be used as swords in both hands, or doubled up Darth Maul style. The force chip gimmick on his right arm does two things: Switches the faction symbol from bot to con, and pops out some orange blades. Unfortunatly to keep the symbol to con, the chip has to stay inserted, which means you can't have the blades retracted and have the con symbol shown. The gimmick area is hinged so it can raise and the blades be used in vehicle mode. Simply put this is one of the best deluxes in the line. Highly recommended!

Are the pegs now too small or too big or something?
    Worse: They turned the pegs into slots that he's supposed to hold in his hands...only they don't fit. I can't talk about it right now...it's so stupid, it's too painful.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac
    Worse: They turned the pegs into slots that he's supposed to hold in his hands...only they don't fit. I can't talk about it right now...it's so stupid, it's too painful.
    That..... is really dumb. Wow.