Page 73 of 591 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

(convoy is prime's name in japan)

pics
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    He is a deluxe and was about $25. That is about regular price for newer import deluxes.
    I'm hip to the import pricing thing. For some reason, I never buy imported deluxes, I have bought basics and megas, but never deluxes or ultras - and I think it is based on the price situation.

Deluxe huh? How does he compare in size to regular Hot Shot?

Waiting for the repaint on Prime is logical Tycho, I wish I had thought of it, it hadn't occurred to me. The one thing is I hate tracking down these repaints, as the line gets less popular with retailers the repaints become harder to pick up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

He's actually a little bit shorter than version 1.

Wow, really? He doesn't look it in pics, but it makes sense since he's a deluxe, the proportions would be way off if he wasn't, he looks more like a mega.

I hear Evac, Cybertron Defense Red Alert, and Wing Saber are all floating in the ether hitting e-stores and vague sightings. Those are all items I definitely want to get, so I hope they show up in my area before the end of the month.

Where did you hear about Wing Saber? That one wasn't supposed to come out till the spring!

DvD's sightings page, he says it's not a totally reliable report, so that's why it's "floating in the ether".

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

so, the second purchase of non-alternator TF in recent times is "brakedown". this guy is awesome for a scout-class toy. the vehicle mode is really out there and cool looking, and the bot-mode is just as cool looking. with ball-joing knees, and nice looking legs, he really makes a good ACTION figure, the weapon looks cool, and he's got my new favorite gimmic - LIGHT PIPE EYE!!! once again, we get the light-up eye, and it looks really cool with his translucent green parts. color scheme is nice, with light gray offsetting black with metallic gold paint. all in all, very worth the $7-8.

Translucent GREEN parts? They seem yellow to me, a bit on the orange side even. I've only seen Brakedown at the store as I bought the Japanese version, but he definitely is one of my favs in this line. The basic/scout pricepoint has been producing some really good TFs the past few years - during the RiD line a few years ago Hasbro discovered that the Spychanger 2packs (basic pricepoint, 2 Hot Wheels-size simple transformers) sold better than anything else, eventually they did the Armada Minicons and Energon had lots to offer as well. Cybertron has Armorhide, Scattorshot, Clocker, the new minicon team, Brakedown, and Undermine that are all really cool.

mine are definitely greenish yellowish. no orange here...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I hear Evac, Cybertron Defense Red Alert, and Wing Saber are all floating in the ether hitting e-stores and vague sightings.
    Evac is definately out now. I just picked one up at my local wally-world (south Texas) along with sideways. So far I absolutely LOVE sideways (almost in Action Fleet scale, too!) and really like Evac. I'm not a big fan of having such huge things stuck on the forearms, and I just plain hate the paintjob. But I think he is worth the $20. I'll post some pictures if anyones interested.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.