Page 75 of 596 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
    You still got the receipt for the original, and is it still valid? I might still be able to get you a Grimlock somewhere around here. He still occasionally pops up. Then you could exchange the old one for a different Alternator or something.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

nah, i don't have the receipt, or the packaging, or the will to dust him off or anything... they're sending me coupons. if i can find another grimlock and buy him with the coupon, then maybe i'll send the deformed one back, and just accept whatever they send me... i don't know if they'd go for that, though.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    so i FINALLY got the chance to contact hasbro about my "exclusive birth-defect alternator grimlock" (put together with two right hands) and they wanted to send me a return label to ship it to them, and they would send me back AN alternator, not guaranteeing that it would be the SAME alternator. they wouldn't just send me the part. i told them i didn't want to do that, and they asked me if i wanted any coupons, so i said yes to that. meh.
    Yeah, that's the policy they have, I had to send back my Energon Battle Ravage figure due to breakage. They were quick about replacing it though, totally sealed new item. As long as it's still in production or they have plenty in the warehouse, they will be able to replace it with the same item.

BTW, I got Brushguard last week, that's Overhaul's Decepticon repaint. Functionally identical, they smoothed over the faction logo from the original and just tampoed the 'Con logo on the shoulder this time. The hood has a silver circle with a sort of wavelength line in the middle, other than that the pale blue and dark blue doesn't really do it for me, the lighter color further accents the lack of detail in both modes as well as bringing to light how ugly the shoulder design really is. The silver on the bot face does help make him look different from Overhaul, and the purple light-piped eyes are alright too if not as powerful as they could be. The purple painted claws are an oddity as well.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 11-30-2005 at 04:07 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wait - you bought that? I thought you weren't hip to the Overhaul mold.

I wasn't that down on the mold, he's "a'ight". Plus, it's been a slow time, I want more new TFs and I caved. And finally, can't have enough Decepticons.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just saw this, thought you guys might like to see also. (I get really jealous of those TRU Japan exclusives.)

Links to bigger images:
    http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfeti...oh_bt-16_a.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfeti...oh_ex-02_a.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fig-oh_bt-16_b.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	12975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fig-oh_ex-02_b.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	12976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fig-oh_ex-02_bb.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	12977  

I'm ready for new Alternators.

I saw Prowl in Wal-Mart, but that's the newest I've seen.

I want a non-Optimus Prime version of a pickup truck (hopefully Ironhide but looks like Prime took the red color scheme from him).

I never did see Sunstreaker and want to possibly have a chance at getting him - the only repaint I'd buy.

Sunstreaker hasn't been released stateside as of yet.

Gold Prime, I hadn't seen that yet, that's pretty bonkers. The Wingsaber/Prime set I had seen, it has Prime enjoying translucent parts, but that doesn't appeal to me. The BT and BTA versions of Skids look way better.

I saw the Gold Superlink Omega Supreme at Botcon this year.. it was glorious.