Page 81 of 582 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    A little update on Cybertron Defense Hot Shot... over on the BWTF forums, someone in reference to my review's questions about "the drawer" on CDHS mentioned that Remy had a photo of the knife clipped to the outside of the drawer. It turned out that the knife just slides right back off whenever you tip it back, but it led me to come up with a different way for it to hold the knife, so I made this page to explain:

http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/cdhs/
    neat, JT! I picked up Downshift. This guy is surprisingly a lot of fun and I just can't help falling in love with his vehicle mode!! The big guns are a little...well, big. And they don't really belong on a Dodge Charger, but the whole package is worth the buy. I'm happy with him.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Primal and Megs should be Mega's, not Deluxes. At least that's what I remember them being at botcon.
    Really? That'd be nice, but they say they're the 3rd wave of the BW 10th Anniv line which has been all $15 pricetagged deluxes, so that's how I made that assumption, plus they kinda look like Deluxes in the photo.

Tycho, don't badmouth the General Lee or KITT! I love them cars.

Chaddy, that's awesome, where did you find him? It better not have been Duarte Target.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Tycho, don't badmouth the General Lee or KITT! I love them cars.
    Oh I do too, but Hasbro's already taken it too far with SW Transformers.

Next wave in the famous auto line:

Stiller - Transforms into Starsky & Hutch's car
    Bat-Trap - Transforms into the Batmobile
    Web Slinger - Transforms into Spider-Man's Uncle's sedan
    X-Box - Transforms into Wolverine's motorcycle
    X-Caliber - Transforms into the X-men's jet
    Californicator - Transforms into the Terminator Skull Crusher Tank
    Mr. Fusion - Transforms into the Back to the Future flying DeLorian
    Snow Job - Transforms into Miami Vice's white Ferrari Testarosa

Help Hasbro come up with some more of these gems....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Web Slinger - Transforms into Spider-Man's Uncle's sedan
    or the spider-mobile

actually, if they did these well, this is a series that could sell! that's a very big if, however...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I have never seen such a heavy backlash of b****ing from SW collectors in all my life, here we have the stupid SW Custom Choppers and Unleashed Battlepacks hitting shelves RIGHT NOW yet all SW fans can do is complain about this line. This is HARDLY the worst thing Hasbro's done, even to the Transformers line, look at Go-Go-Gobots for Primus' sake! It's embarassing to be a SW fan with such behavior from fellow fans.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's embarassing to be a SW collector, be with some of your non-collector friends in a store, see the SW Transformers, and be asked "are you going to also collect THOSE???"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think everyone's complaining about the Custom Choppers and Unleashed Battlepacks just as much as about the SW Transformers, but you're a big TF buff so you notice that more.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No way, I *guarantee* you for sure that nobody is complaining about those a fifth as much as they are these, this is easily the worst I've ever seen, worse than Playskool SW/Galactic Heroes, worse than Jedi Force (which really friggin' deserved it), worse than Force Battlers, worse than Attacktix, worse than the SW potatoheads, worse than Choppers, worse than the Unleashed Battlepacks, worse than the Clone Wars animated line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    It's embarassing to be a SW collector, be with some of your non-collector friends in a store, see the SW Transformers, and be asked "are you going to also collect THOSE???"
    What? This from the guy who collects the Jedi Force line, the G.Heroes, the SW Potatoheads?!? Ridiculous, maybe it's just because they know what you collect. I've listened to people eyeing the SWTFs in Target many times, people are interested, they carry them around, they look at them, they consider them, the only time one can even find them usually is when they're hidden on the bottom shelf because the pegs are always sold out.

Two quick bits of blabber...

1) I'm not accepting the chopper things as a part of my reality, so there's nothing to complain about. They don't exist. (What choppers?)

2) As much as I don't care for them, (and to be honest I stopped seriously collecting TFs a while ago anyway), the SWTFs are selling really well near me. Also, my kid has looked at them and likes them, so...
    plasticfetish.net

There is nothing abnormal about a grown man who plays with Mr. Potato Heads.

So stop picking on me!