Page 83 of 566 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
    I agree with you Chux. BTW, what is up between you and Hayden Christensen? Your avitars make it look like you two broke off your love affair. Was Obi-Wan holding him back again?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    So what is he? 20th Anniversary Prime repainted or made with metal and they added a trailer?
    Nope, this Prime is teeny tiny. 10 cm, but has great articulation and is fully transformable.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I found two new Alternators today: Rollbar and Ricochet. I wasn't even aware of these, but there they were. (It's somewhat rare for figures to completely sneak up on me anymore. )
    wow, that is weird. we must be slipping in our old age...

ricochet looks kinda cool. i love how the first comment on this page below says something about how the back liscense plate says "new jersey" on it...

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5394

i actually really like the colors on rollbar.

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&alb...e=800&start=60

don't know if i'm gonna get either of these, though.

EDIT: i found alt.prowl today... he's better than i envisioned, but not by much. i can't get the arms back under the hood, i'll have to scrutinize the directions. the protruding chestpiece doesn't bother me as much as i expected it to, but the legs lack of articulation is kinda a drag. i found this demonstration of how to swap them around so the knees bend more, however, it makes him look more like grim/jack. i think i'll stick with the way it is for now. it seems easy to do, and easily reversible - but i just got him. if it still bothers me in a month, i might do the switch...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Hopefully this picture will post. It is definitely "Energon and Beyond."

Don't let your imaginations get too carried away guys...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300090329182up.gif 
Views:	88 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	13416  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Found Downshift last night at Target, he wasn't on the pegs but CDHS was, I was crushed with disappointment but only seconds later looked to the right and saw Downshift sitting on the shelf nearby: huzzah!

TF:CY Downshift - once again we're seeing G1 Wheeljack's head on another character's name because Hasbro gave away the Wheeljack name to a totally different Armada character and ever since it's been screwed up, they haven't lost the name, but the main line (Armada/Energon/Cybertron) is stuck for now. However, on this Downshift figure, I'm not really sure having Wheeljack's head on this muscle car makes any sense anyway.

Downshift's vehicle mode is based on a late '60s/early '70s muscle car, more specifically it's roughly an early-'70s Plymouth Barracuda, the haunches of the rear fenders and the green and black paintjob suggest this, though some of the lines have been changed for various reasons, giving it a mid-'70s feel as well. Overall I'd say the shape is very muscle car-cool with great aggresive-yet-squared lines, a nifty grill, the hood scoops, and even the right kind of taillights - it's unusual to see a classic car Transformer, I suspect this was some designer's pet project. Vehicle mode even has an empty upper cabin with the top halves of the dash, steering wheel, and seats sculpted in place adding to the realism; the roof is even subtley sculpted to be a landau top. I don't like the engine block sticking out the top of the hood and cutting into the windshield, it's too small and too far back, they needed something to cover the head here, but I think they should have just continued the hood's lines with a new panel instead. The wheels are only "alright", but they do keep the ride hight low without being a bottom-scraper, and there's even a few underside details sculpted in. The vehicle is very solid and except for the tech details on the back window and the hole near the back of either rear fender, the disguise is complete - you can even open the doors partway while leaving the black panel behind them in place. Colorwise, you have green with a black hood, roof, and side stripe, plus silver accents, orange translucent for the windows and headlights, a dark gray stripe that blends perfectly with a piece of the articulation, red taillights, and an Autobot logo tampoed on the front of the hood -- everything about the deco looks great, although there is one odd black panel just ahead of the rear wheelwell that should have been painted green. The total package is a very exciting car.

The accessories are a pair of large missile-launching blasters, usually the missiles make TF guns look worse but in this case they have sculpted vented barrel details which make the guns look better. The guns have a standard peg at the top and bottom, but the bottom one is meant for vehicle mode where the guns peg into the rear fenders and are designed to line them up against the body a certain way, they even create voids above the wheels. The green, black, and dark gray goes perfectly with the car, and they're held in such a way that it wouldn't be hard to believe them sliding out from the car body rather than pegging in. As if there wasn't enough classic car theme on Downshift, the triggers on the guns form low angled fins for the car!

The key gimmick is interesting, and I love how they hid the key slot: in keeping the car's lines as pure as possible, the middle of the rear window has some silver tech detail but no slot, you actually have to flip the window panel up to create the slot. Inserting the key causes the front grill to pop forward and open into translucent orange jaws, Hasbro calls this a capture claw but in my mind the real interesting element is the big pointy thing in between, to me it's a big hidden blaster. The key can be stored in the slot without leaving the gimmick activated.

Transformation is fun, it's not terribly complex but I find it very satisfying. Open the doors, separate the rear end, swing it and waist all the way around then straighten the legs, fold down the arms from the doors, flip open the heelspurs and doors hiding the feet, and finally fold down the upper cabin to create the back and reveal the head which turtles up via spring power while allowing the Wheeljack-ears to fold down.

Downshift's bot mode is straightforward but again, I find it very satisfying... with one caveat: Wheeljack's head still seems out of place on this green and black muscle car-square body, so it's odd that this Downshift's head is even more like the Wheeljack character than Energon Downshift, though both share the "square head with round shape" concept. The body has wide shoulders/shoulderpads formed by the horizontal doors, a horizontal car front end chest, and moderately-large boots formed by the rear end -- I'd call it an "average" transformer body type, tough but not bulky, with stuff sticking out but not to excess unlike some other Transformers of late and what's great is that nothing feels like kibble here, everything seems justified to me (except maybe the underside of the now-vertical engine block behind the head). The shoulders are set back a little, and with the long hood chest the arms can't reach past that. There's plenty of sculpted detail, especially revealed at the waist, except the shoulders and arms which are a little plain. The colors remain essentially the same, adding more dark gray plastic and a little dull gold paint on the knees and for the eyes; also, there's translucent orange plastic from the windshield and engine block underside seen from the front which makes the translucent orange ears on the head get lost in the look. Downshift has rotating shoulders with a very limited hinge from transformation, a second hinge for the arm proper, a hinged elbow, ball-jointed hips, universal knees (they rotate at the boot rather than the thigh-end), and limited head articulation (a couple degrees to the right, even less to the left) -- the articulation isn't exemplary, but except for the neck what he does get works well for him. I don't mind the lack of waist articulation, but I wish there had been a mid-bicep swivel. The key gimmick works exactly the same as vehicle mode, which is pretty cool since the cab with the key slot is now rotated down 90 degrees. The guns can peg into his fists, but are also designed so they can clip to his shoulders which looks good and balanced too.

Bottom line, Downshift is an odd homage but a very cool bot in his own rite and has a great alt mode which isn't hurt by the key gimmick or the external accessories. I know some fans won't like him because he has Wheeljack's head, and some won't like him because he's not super-articulated, but I think he's a pretty killer toy, Downshift is awesome.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

picked up alt.skids the other day... he's actually really cool. very complex and different transformation from other alts, and the pics definitely don't to him justice. recommended.

I'm waiting for a character that I care about, but yes, the mold looks good. I'm still hoping for an Ironhide repaint or something.

I passed on Richchet and Rollbar(?) the other day. Talk about ugly repaints. I'm proud to say I didn't buy Grimlock but waited for Wheeljack, and Sunstreaker is the only repaint I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I'm proud to say I didn't buy Grimlock but waited for Wheeljack, and Sunstreaker is the only repaint I own.
    yeah, i can't say the same... at this point i have smokescreen and silverstreak, sideswipe and sunstreaker, grimlock and wheeljack, windcharger and decepticharge, jazzmeister and shockwaveblast, hound and swindle, tracks and ravage, and then prowl and skids. in fact, the only guys i don't have at this point are dead-end and swerve.

Dead-End is one of my favorites! Great vehicle mode. I only have a few repaints/remolds: Dead-End, Battle Ravage (kinda regret that now), Shockblast (another of my favorites), and Decepticharge - the rest really turned me off, Wheeljack being the closest to a purchase but I didn't like how Grimlock turned out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now this is still a rumor. However the enquirer has been right about a few things lately so I thought it worth posting.

http://www.insidepulse.com/articles/46468

" The TF Movie Toy

Hasbro will be re-releasing 20th Anniversary Prime for the 20th Anniversary of the original TF movie. It is said to have "movie related accessories with a new movie deco." Now, this could be just a straight re-release, but my guess would be they give us either the Takara non-battle damaged version or a complete new redeco. Could we get a white Prime for when he dies? Or will it be Magnus? I think my first guess is the most probably. What about the new parts? My honest guess is that we won't get anything new except maybe a copy of the movie. Honestly, what else could they put in from the movie? It's slated to be released in October

I checked up on this one with my buddy Chris, who works at TRU, and he said they have a new SKN for a 20th anniversary Prime (not the old Prime) in their computers.

The TF Classic Line:

Deluxe
    Optimus Prime (with out Trailer)
    Bumblebee
    Starscream
    Hot Rod
    Astrotrain
    Grimlock
    TBD (To be Decided)
    TBD

All of these are set to be released in October except for Grimlock, Astrotrain, and the 2 TBDs, which are set for February.

Voyager
    Megatron
    Jetfire
    Prime with trailer
    Soundwave

Megs and Jetfire are set for October and Prime and Soundwave for Feb "

I can't wait to see what these look like! Especially Jetfire. I also think its highly likely we will get an Ultra Magnus in the Voyager line as well.