Page 95 of 595 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
    You should be able to get Nemesis Prime via the Hasbro Toy Shop/Store, if they produce enough..

That's the key, "if they make enough", that's bullcrap. Plus it's supposedly $5 more than other Alternators, so IF I'M LUCKY I'd get to pay $5 more PLUS shipping for an unchanged-mold repaint? Wowee, thanks Hasbro!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm. In the store, this would've been $20, and I may have bowed to the temptation. But as an exclusive, for a character I don't know, I dunno.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Target computer's seem to think they are getting Classics in week 24, IE end of July/early August transition. Way earlier than we last heard..

Titanium Series 6" Jetfire & Alternators Mirage:
    http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Mirage looks good, I love that they got the doors and hood to open correctly, and the bot mode looks way better on the cardback, I hope that's the case in person. The chrome wheels look a bit cheap, but oh well.

Jetfire looks... well... not great. Bot mode seems cheap, and vehicle mode is a big brick with a long nose and thin wings, the transformation looks minimal and the whole thing looks small to me.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, he doesn't look as nice as he did in Hasbro's Photoshop-phun pictures. I will still get him though sadly.

At $20, I'm going to wait and see.

I'm comparing the hasbro photos to these, in bot mode, it's not very different, but the hasbro shot has great paint and this toy is missing half that paint and what it does have is cheap looking (I *really* wish Hasbro would step up production-level paint quality). In alt mode, really all Hasbro's photo has going over this is the slimming angle, and again, the paint.

BTW, while going through my TF image folder, I found the single reason I am going to get Cybertron Menasor - his minicon goes in his chest! I had totally forgotten about that, no review so far has mentioned it.

Last I heard they were around $15 actually. BBTS preorder for them is around 16 bucks, and I don't see them charging lower than Target or Wal-Mart anytime soon.

Anyway's, here is a REVIEW and gallery of Classics Astrotrain (pre-production sample):

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/other_f...t=classicastro

I think he is keen.

Correction to my post about Alternators Mirage, I was drifting off to sleep last night when I realized that Mirage's hood does not open correctly, the Ford GT hood opens from the middle and hinges from the back, the toy is backwards. I was so dazzled they got the door and hood SHAPES right it. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about: http://www.rtl.nl/components/automot...-gt-1152-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Last I heard they were around $15 actually. BBTS preorder for them is around 16 bucks, and I don't see them charging lower than Target or Wal-Mart anytime soon.

Anyway's, here is a REVIEW and gallery of Classics Astrotrain (pre-production sample):

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/other_f...t=classicastro

I think he is keen.
    Really, $15? That seems too cheap, are these things REALLY small or something?

Interesting review on Astrotrain. My first impressions were that the paint looks horrid and very much like production-level paint; also, that I loathe when they make landing gear permanent, as on the wings here. However, reading further, robot mode looks better than I expected (though I really wish Hasbro would stop using white plastic, it looks shoddy every time), its "deluxe" roots are coming out this way but can't stop the pricepoint. The robot head is a little plain for my tastes, but I've seen worse. The train mode is somehow even WORSE than I thought though, and you know I thought it suuuucked before.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Correction to my post about Alternators Mirage, I was drifting off to sleep last night when I realized that Mirage's hood does not open correctly, the Ford GT hood opens from the middle and hinges from the back, the toy is backwards. I was so dazzled they got the door and hood SHAPES right it. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about:
    Technically, it's the hatchback that's opening wrong, at least in the pictures on the back of the box, since the hatchback is supposed to hinge from the rear. It doesn't say the hood opens at all...

But whatever. I'm looking forward to a new alternator anyway.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!