Page 97 of 578 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
    I got the VP/SS pack before TrU left Boston mind you. The only way I can get to a TrU now is with a friend of mine, if we are going toy-hunting.

I forgot about the online Megatron bio. The toy resembles neither Megatron very well.

And, as for Swindle, how seriously can I take you? You do not even like Hardtop. You probably do not like ice cream either.

Oh, I forgot all about TRUs closing in your area! That does change things a bit. Maybe the new TRU website will fare better for you.

Of course I don't like Hardtop, he suuuuucks and Swindle suffers the same problems (except for coloring, though I don't like Swindle's colors much on their own either). And I have a half-gallon ice cream in my freezer right now that's about a 3rd of the way gone after just a week, so there.

EDIT: Check it out, saw this on bwtf forums, Classics Prime test shot on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-CLA...QQcmdZViewItem

There's some weird stuff going on with his forearms and back, but the top-becomes-rifle is cool and the pistol-becomes-smokestacks is good too. I hope the alt mode looks good without the top thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's hard to appreciate those when Alternators exist and the 20th Anniversary Prime was made and MP Starscream will one day be on his way.

i dunno... the prime looks awesome, but that may very well be the only one i get... and with alternators taking a nose-dive (i haven't even been hunting for any in like, 4 months...) this may be the next series that we cling to...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Alternators will not take a nose dive!!!

Optimus Prime (though it should have been Ironhide) will ship in greater numbers

Mirage is coming!!!

Rumbe is going to rock!!!

Masterpiece Starscream will come out at some point and be gobbled up by Alternators' fans as the scale should be pretty close.

Hot Rod looks the most interesting of any of the Classic Redeux because they look like children's toys and Hot Rod always did look like a child's toy.

I buy Alternators because they are adults' toys

I think he was referring more to the ridiculous number of repaints, most with names of characters we don't care about or have never even heard of.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    It's hard to appreciate those when Alternators exist and the 20th Anniversary Prime was made and MP Starscream will one day be on his way.
    Alternators are a flawed medium, they're not that fun, they're not very solid, they have a horrible release pattern, and they've gotten consistantly worse since the first release. Masterpieces like Prime and Screamer are very expensive. I like Alts, but I have to recognize their limitations and issues, I have to recognize that they're no longer as fulfilling as they should be.

Alternators will not take a nose dive!!!
    Throw a fit, why don't you? Alts already have taken a nose dive, sales are in the toilet, product worsens with nearly every release, the line goes half a year without a new mold, interest is dying.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm telling you: wait for Mirage and Rumble to start things shakin' again!

They'll be so much better than that Neon-plastic crap on blister cards that substitutes as "Transformers" these days.

(Energon, Cybertron, Unicron Wars, Beast stuff, whatever - I ignored all of it since G1).

Alts RULE!

[Edit: the author of this post chose to ignore Richochet, Rollbar, and Skids. They along with Dick Cheney will not be called upon to testify.]

After Nemesis Prime becoming an exclusive, I have some doubts as to whether we'll see Rumble get released at all, the line is in bad shape.

By the way, who are you to judge any other Transformers line, you snob? You don't own any of 'em, you haven't bought one single thing that we've heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Depraved O'Sicko

Of course I don't like Hardtop, he suuuuucks
    You have no sense of human decency. You bring shame to our noble species. You monster!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Alternators are a flawed medium, they're not that fun, they're not very solid, they have a horrible release pattern, and they've gotten consistantly worse since the first release. Masterpieces like Prime and Screamer are very expensive. I like Alts, but I have to recognize their limitations and issues, I have to recognize that they're no longer as fulfilling as they should be.
    For once, I am agreeing. For the price point, Alternators are lacking in pretty much every category. The engineering is convoluted, but hardly sophisticated.

I have a good many Minicons that equal Alternators, and some that actually exceed them in terms of engineering. (And, no, this is not modifying for price-points. Thunderblast really is that good.)

That the "mature prestige" line is mostly used for copyright holding only ads insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Throw a fit, why don't you? Alts already have taken a nose dive, sales are in the toilet, product worsens with nearly every release, the line goes half a year without a new mold, interest is dying.
    Alternator sales are dropping? I cannot imagine why. Seriously, I played "clearance chicken" at TrU before the local one closed. I missed Shockwave. But, that is because someone bought the last one before the price dropped under $10. Just about every Alternator I have seen is a "would be better at a lower price". Smokescreen was good enough, for an intitial offering. But, 2 inferior retooling later, I have seen nothing better in the line.

Vector Prime has interesting molding, and a unique aesthetic. Or, $20 would get me a Landmine and Redalert, both of which are better engineered than your average Alternator.