Page 102 of 591 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5909
  1. #1011
    The Illustrated Guide was the first time it was revealed Primus could transform. Prior to that, he was just a head (which looked astonishingly like Hot Rod's) in the center of Cybertron.

    This pic shows a scene from TF #58 (?), when Grimlock, Bumblebee, and Jazz, all recently returned to the land of the living after the Autobots suffered a devastating defeat at the hands of a mystically superpowered Starscream, stumble upon Primus and his mysterious guardian while escaping from a death squad consisting of Bludgeon (best Pretender EVER), Strangelhold, and Octopunch.

    Decepticons. . . uh, well, uh, to have conflict? I don't doubt Furman would've gone further in exploring such issues, but the series didn't last. There were three other epic story arcs beginning when the series ended that weren't addressed in the shorter-lived Generation 2 series a couple of years later (a mysterious other race of mechanoids that ate one of the Battlechargers and fought the Dinobots while claiming to be the original inhabitants of Cybertron; a strange mental bond between Ratchet and Megatron that formed when Ratchet tried to sacrifice himself by destroying Megatron in a space bridge explosion, but failed and the two were melted together into one hideous beast; and the effects of Nucleon, which granted great power to Grimlock and revived many other dead Transformers, but which was supposed to have a very dark side effect). Galvatron from a parallel timeline had also arrived in our present, and allied himself with the present-day Megatron, and their tale was cut short when Furman had to bring in Fort Max to deal with Galvatron an issue before the series ended so it wasn't such a huge hanging thread.

    (Funny thing: Galvatron spent all of the Generation 2 series frozen somewhere in the Arctic as a result of this final battle, and for some reason Megatron never bothered to dig him out of the ice. But it never mentioned the fact that Ratchet could feel Meg's thoughts, either. Overall, not Furman's best writing.)

    Stories Furman wrote in Transformers UK and in Transformers Generation 2 implied that there were thirteen original Transformers, but one (Liege Maximo) had been long forgotten. I suppose differences among these led to their creating two opposing armies?

    Or the one detail from the TV show about the TF's origins I really liked: at one point, Cybertron was conquered by the Quintessons (who, in the comics, were Unicron's equivalent to the Transformers) and the enslavement of Cybertron led to the two different factions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	259primus.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	14105  
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 07-02-2006 at 10:36 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  2. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Or the one detail from the TV show about the TF's origins I really liked: at one point, Cybertron was conquered by the Quintessons (who, in the comics, were Unicron's equivalent to the Transformers) and the enslavement of Cybertron led to the two different factions.
    Yeah, now I remember that. Rodimus Prime uncovered some of that history, didn't he? One good thing that came out of the generation-change part of the G1 show.

  3. #1013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    What does Primus transform into?

    Why do Decepticons exist?
    Primus transforms from the planet Cybertron into a robot, much like Unicron.

    Decepticons are there because free will exists? Or, maybe Decepticons exist much like in the cartoon because another race enslaved the Cybertronians for a time and modified them into warriors and servants, who would then evolve respectively into the Decepticons and Autobots? Or maybe Primus needed his warriors to be strong in order to defeat Unicron and therefore needed them hardened by continous war and strife?

    Or maybe Primus goofed up.

    EDIT* Or what Chux said...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  4. #1014
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Or the one detail from the TV show about the TF's origins I really liked: at one point, Cybertron was conquered by the Quintessons (who, in the comics, were Unicron's equivalent to the Transformers) and the enslavement of Cybertron led to the two different factions.

    It is a widely known FACT, that Quintessons suck and are the worst thing to happen to Transformers.

  5. #1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    It is a widely known FACT, that Quintessons suck and are the worst thing to happen to Transformers.
    No, I'm pretty sure that Wheelie is where Transformers jumped the shark. The Quintessons were on the downswing.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  6. #1016
    I transformed 3 of my ALternators because they're easier to store in car modes: Smokescreen, Jazz (who the heck calls him Meister except morons at Hasbro?), and I just converted Sunstreaker. It will be Hound, Tracks, or 20th Anniversary Prime next. Wheeljack is much harder to deal with and I'm not in the mood. Anyway, I'll be storing my bots while I have a lot of company visit me here for Comic Con. IMO, they're too easy to break and I'd rather be responsible for doing it than anyone else who may be tempted to "play with the toys." They're not toys! They're collectible memorobilia!

  7. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    (who the heck calls him Meister except morons at Hasbro?)
    People from Japan.


    Hasbro were not being morons when they called him that. Granted, I would take "Autobot Jazz" since they didn't have the right to Jazz over Meister. But I wouldn't think it stupid for them to call it Meister.

  8. #1018
    One entry found for meister.


    Main Entry: mei·ster
    Pronunciation: 'mIs-t&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Yiddish mayster & German Meister master, from Middle High German meister, from Old High German meistar, from Latin magister -- more at MASTER
    : one who is knowledgeable about something specified -- often used in combination <puzzle-meister>

    OK. I thought it was a distempered, anti-social, old man. That doesn't describe Jazz.

    But I guess he's a "master" as he was Prime's chief lieuteniant along with Prowl. (Not sure how the command rank actually worked out: 1st Officer, 2nd Officer - but those 2 were up there).

    Using a German word for his name makes sense before, as he was a Porsche (a German-made car). But now his Alternator is a - well what is he? An Acura? Mazda? Where is that kind of car manufactured (actually a better question would be, where is that auto company owned)?

  9. #1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    One entry found for meister.


    Main Entry: mei·ster
    Pronunciation: 'mIs-t&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Yiddish mayster & German Meister master, from Middle High German meister, from Old High German meistar, from Latin magister -- more at MASTER
    : one who is knowledgeable about something specified -- often used in combination <puzzle-meister>

    OK. I thought it was a distempered, anti-social, old man. That doesn't describe Jazz.

    But I guess he's a "master" as he was Prime's chief lieuteniant along with Prowl. (Not sure how the command rank actually worked out: 1st Officer, 2nd Officer - but those 2 were up there).

    Using a German word for his name makes sense before, as he was a Porsche (a German-made car). But now his Alternator is a - well what is he? An Acura? Mazda? Where is that kind of car manufactured (actually a better question would be, where is that auto company owned)?
    He's a Mazda RX-8. It's Japanese. So, an argument could be made for using the Japanese name for Jazz.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  10. #1020
    Hey, what is it with German automobile manufacturers?

    Hypersensitivity about the Third Reich no doubt.

    But in G1, BumbleBee was obviously a Volkswagon, Jazz a Porshe (as was Dead End), I don't think they made any BMW or Mercedes, but why didn't those car companies sue Hasbro? That was the 80's - well after the Holocaust and Hitler's plan for "breathing room."

    So those cars having been made for Transformers in the obvious design patterns (I mean does anybody have trouble telling a Porsche 911 by looking at it?), why don't those car companies just allow Hasbro, Michael Bay, et all to use their likenesses?

    BumbleBee is not going to transform and start killing Jews or overrun Belgium and there's no nursery rhime that says:

    I see a Porsche
    I see Jazz
    I see the Autobots
    Invading France....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO