Page 104 of 584 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5839
    Define "Hasbro's style" anyway. I couldn't describe it - but I've never thought about it. Takara designs these things anyway, and Hasbro just buys them, and puts American names and packaging around them, right?
    Hasbro and Takara work on the designs together, Takara makes the tooling from those designs, they co-own the line this way, Hasbro no longer strictly imports the figures like the earliest G1s.

The Hasbro Alternator style uses cripser lines, narrower vehicles, more clear plastic light elements, better-defined details, thinner windows, cleaner hinges, dyed plastics rather than cheaply-painted metal like this is, lots more obvious seams, thicker posts on side-mirrors, molded and painted brand logos, more accurate wheels and tires, an opening hood, and if they were going to do the military version (which the TOW missile launcher in that photo is from) then they wouldn't have put it on a civilian Hummer and instead have done the military hardtop version with the top hatch and properly-in-scale TOW launcher.

I thought most "real Transformers" look like crap anyway. It would be a shame if a glut of cheap-end movie product ruined the fun the rest of you guys are having with your Cyberton, Key-Master, Unicron Wars, stuff, etc. (no - I did mean that sincerely because it would affect my Alternators, too)
    Cybertron is essentially over, now we're getting a year of Classics, which you seemed fairly interested in.

How long was there a Transformers void anyway?
    I consider G2 to be a void. I'm no expert, but I believe '91-'93 (break between G1 and G2) to be a void in the US, a void after G2 between the end of '95 and middle of '96 (G2 to Beast Wars), 2000 had another one until Hasbro got Robots in Disguise over to US shores.

Alternators started at the end of '04
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks JT: that was pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Cybertron is essentially over, now we're getting a year of Classics, which you seemed fairly interested in.
    You're correct. Hot Rod (Rodimus), BumbleBee, Optimus, Astrotrain, and Starscream are all pretty tempting. Megatron's appeal is in that I never owned a Nerf gun - but I'm not kidding about why he has some appeal to me either.

Alternators started at the end of '04
    Yeah. I didn't pay attention to when I started buying them. In fact, that's because I avoided buying them for a while - then SideSwipe just got too tempting. Of course if I had SideSwipe - I had to buy his friend. Hound was my next one, but I think I got Prime MP01 either just before or right after I got Hound (I skipped Silverstreak becaue he wasn't a very important character and he was just a repaint of Smokescreen).

By the way: if Prime was MP01, and Starscream is MP03 - what or who was MP02???
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Megatron's appeal is in that I never owned a Nerf gun - but I'm not kidding about why he has some appeal to me either.
    What kills me is that a year and a half ago, Hasbro made this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...tId=2298569&cp
    I bought it, it's pretty cool, the cylinder really rotates and pops halfway out for reloading, the first time I saw Classics Megatron I thought of this.

Yeah. I didn't pay attention to when I started buying them. In fact, that's because I avoided buying them for a while
    Holiday season '04, I remember Alternators Smokescreen was on my wish list and I got Reissue Smokescreen instead, whom I returned for store credit. I didn't find Smokey for a few weeks into the new year, and a week after that I found Sideswipe.

By the way: if Prime was MP01, and Starscream is MP03 - what or who was MP02???
    Prime repainted as Ultra Magnus sans armor suit, not released in the US (for good reason).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Could you imagine a proper MP Ultra Magnus? (Drooling smiley.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There's a fan out there who made his own, I hear it's pretty good but lacking detail and finish, it transforms into the car trailer and it's pretty big.

Here is another one for you JT. Although Titanium Megs is a bit taller than Titanium Prime, he is about the same height as G2 Megs (Small tank) who is big for a deluxe. That makes Prime about the average size of a deluxe figure.

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=view&alb...e=1000&start=0

Yeah, I saw Remy's photos, I was going to make that same comment about it being a deluxe in size. If they're really $15, then it's just dandy.

Got my Nemesis Prime alternator today from Action-HQ. I like him waaaaay more than alternators prime. It's amazing how much difference some darker colors can make. I wish I didn't buy alt. prime now, but on the plus side Nemesis prime can now dual-wield his weapons(stealing his second gun from prime, of course) along with my newly acquired mirage. This month has been a good month for my alternators collection. I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

I'm very interested in seeing Nem Prime pics.

How much did he cost you from A-HQ?

Hasbro says they'll have a limited number of Nem Primes on HasbroToyShop.com the day of ComicCon, I hate how they are doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw
    along with my newly acquired mirage. This month has been a good month for my alternators collection. I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested.
    Where did you get your Mirage from again? I haven't been able to find him! I hunted again yesterday.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.