Page 115 of 578 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 5778
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    The Megatron figure looks sucktacular, but I have to say I was a bit impressed that the bio used the info from the old GIJoe and Transformers: Generation 2 comics that are (as far as I know) the only explanation ever given (in-universe) for why he changed from a gun to a tank.
    Could you enlighten us Chuxter? Why did Megatron go from a gun to a tank (I know Hasbro's real reason), but please tell us the fictional one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Point of information:

Titanium Megatron's bio note seems to reference the Dreamwave cross-over more than anything else. Note the line about Megatron allowing Cobra Commander to use his troops. The Generation 2 story did not have any other Decepticons meet Cobra.

As for the reason:
    Cobra inadvertently attracted Megatron's attention, and after a brief scuffle, they decided to work together. Megatron was in poor repair, and part of the deal was that Cobra would retrofit him

All told, that arc is one of the many examples of why I say Larry Hama is an over-rated writer. The main Generation 2 comic is worth picking up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme
    All told, that arc is one of the many examples of why I say Larry Hama is an over-rated writer.
    Wha? Them's fighting words! (Seriously, it wasn't Mr Hama's fault that he had no interest whatsoever in Transformers, and Marvel & Hasbro sort of forced him to work in Megatron and come up with a reason that he was no longer a gun.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i know the 3" titaniums get quite a bad rap on this thread but i opened up the 3" War Within Optimus Prime tonight and i have to say that it's pretty nice. one of the greatest criticisms i've heard about this line is the shoddy paint jobs. this one is painted quite nicely and even has a bit of weathering within the crevices which i think is a nice touch.

the hands, however, are way too large, especially since they chose to make this figure in a crouching pose. in terms of articulation, there are six points - waist, head, shoulders, wrists.

crouching pose and super large hands notwithstanding, this is probably the best of the TF 3" figures (i count the ark as a vehicle and not a figure).

I got dlx Unicron the other day, I'll be reviewing him sooner or later, he's pretty cool but I can guarantee some folks won't like him either 'cause he's Unicron as a tank or 'cause he's kinda floppy.

Unicron btw came with the Giant Planet map, so I'm done with them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found this off tformers, Classics Optimus 2 (the 2pack version, most likely):
    http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=51709

Hasbro tore Prime a new one this time, looks like they gouged his face along with the yellow.

It's simplistic, but gets the job done I suppose. The front wheels end up as 100% pure USDA-grade back-kibble. It appears the whole upper torso rotates, a joint they've never done before that I know of, it looks good, but I suspect it's for transformation rather than articulation for its own sake. I hope the legs telescope in for alt mode though, they're not here and it doesn't look as good. The blue lightpiping on his eyes looks weird.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Junk. And I don't like how you can see his blue head sitting in his red cab - nor the yellow on his face.

This picture demonstrates why the 20 anniv. MPE Prime rules.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't see his head in the cab, do you mean from the outside? If we could see his head in the cab, all we'd see is the bottom of his chin as he's facing downwards.

The yellow on his face is Hasbro marring the pre-production sample so it won't get sold on ebay, the Tank Megatron had the same thing.

That is far from junk. Comparing it with the MP is silly. A better comparison would be with the original Diaclone Prime.

Now the tank from this two-pack looks like it could be junk, but I still haven't seen a decent picture of it.