Page 122 of 578 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 5773
    Actually, having been looking at Michael Bay's Transformers, I really can appreciate that Starscream. I only hope we get a US release. Does anyone know anything more about this?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No US release planned as of Comic-Con. Hasbro is probably afraid they'll take a dive on it. And judging by the way people are slamming it, I don't blame them.

All you haters out there...for SHAME! Shame, I tell you.

In other news, looks like Mr. Potato Head is getting another brand crossover. Can you say "Optimash Prime"? How about "More than Meets The Fry"?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I bought the Star Wars potato heads as I thought they were cute - and I'd buy more of them including some kind of Boba Fett (Boba Tot?)

But Transformers? No. Not unless you can convert them from Potato to Hash Browns or whatever!

"The line must be drawn here! No farther!" - Captain Jean-Luc Potato
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd buy Starscream if he was painted like Starscream.

Im trying to think about how those would work, im assuming a potato head would come with a blue helmet, and a "visor" to cover his mouth to form Optimus, and maybe the grill and windshield of a semi to represent the auto part. Sounds like it could be cool, or real terrible depending on what they do with it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Stuff like this makes me ashamed of the hobby. Whenever I see this kind of peripheral space-waster, I look at a franchise (TF, SW, whatever) and canot help but think "carrion."

This smells of the desperation of a dying property. This is not even a badly handled line, like Titaniums (which for SW at least seems okay), or Epic Force. This is just a stupid idea that would be funny as a fan kit-bash (like the SW motorcycles).

In other news, I am getting Quickmix soon........

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    Stuff like this makes me ashamed of the hobby. Whenever I see this kind of peripheral space-waster, I look at a franchise (TF, SW, whatever) and canot help but think "carrion."

This smells of the desperation of a dying property. This is not even a badly handled line, like Titaniums (which for SW at least seems okay), or Epic Force. This is just a stupid idea that would be funny as a fan kit-bash (like the SW motorcycles).

In other news, I am getting Quickmix soon........
    I like the mr. potato head things...I couldn't wait for Darth Tater...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Are Star Wars characters done as potato heads very different things from Transformers done that way, though?

I suppose it depends how you look at them:

Optimus Prime is a heroic cartoon character that can also turn into a truck

or

Optimus Prime is a Transformer between a robot and truck, who's also a heroic cartoon character.

It works for scenerio 1, but not scenerio 2, though we're arguing semantics.

First, I hope this actually gets produced and shipped in the United States.

We've heard of the Alternators taking a hiatus due to movie product - which is exactly the wrong approach to use during the time of a big movie hype-up.

2nd:

Rumble
    Ravage (this one)
    MPE Starscream

My Decepticon ranks will finally start to bolster. Now I need acceptable:

Megatron
    Soundwave
    Barricade (repaint Alternator Wheeljack, duh!)
    Frenzy (movie version)
    Brawl
    Blackout
    Scorponok, I guess
    Bonecrusher (movie version)

And Alternator Autobots

Ironhide (Nemesis Prime head resculpt)
    Ratchet (movie version)
    Bumblebee (Camarro)

And that will do me until Transformers 2: Michael Bay Strikes Out Again