Page 123 of 582 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 5814
  1. #1221
    Just to clarify, I do not like any of the potato variants. They all smell like carrion. R2 Potatooooooooooo makes me feel dirty for liking StarWars, just as Spudimus Prime will make me feel dirty for liking Transformers.

    And, I really hope Tycho is wroing about the movie. I really do.

  2. #1222
    I myself hope I am wrong about the movie, too!

    I want it to rock! I've wanted this ever since I was a kid and I don't want it screwed up.

    Here's to hoping!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  3. #1223
    You're wrong about these Mr Potatohead sorts of things Dom, they're meant to cash in on impending increases in brand recognition from a major event in the franchise (in both cases a movie release), then using the new customer interest to draw them into the main line.


    So there's Alt Jaguar, guess I was wrong about that. He looks like he turns into an actual cat-bot though, not like the current Ravage Alternator, it's something they haven't tried yet and I don't know if it'll work, it looks like there's gonna be a ton of leftover kibble from what we're seeing, lots of shell parts.


    Chaddy, don't blame us for Takara's design having the entire tail section kibble hanging off the hips, or the long weird face, or the halfbreed colors.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #1224
    That's my concern with Ravage also: the there will be a lot of car shell parts left over when slimming that thing down to a cat.

    It is however, exactly what I once posted I wanted: an actual Jaguar car Ravage.

    But having given it a lot of thought, maybe the first Alternator motorcycle could have been more size appropriate for Ravage, but....

    We can hope that the car shell parts fold up as well. I'd accept the "seems" in the car mode that this would necessitate, but we're also going to have to accept them in the movie toys if they are going to even resemble 50% of what we see for robot modes on screen if those images are accurate.

    I don't know. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out. I'm dying to see pictures of the "leopard mode." If they can pull it off, I think it's a great idea!

    I've seen a lot of people dissing it, as they don't want Alternator "beast machines," but go figure how they're going to do Scorponok. I think it's sort of cool. In fact, though it wouldn't have been traditional, I always thought that would be the way to do Grimlock for an Alternator. But...

    Anyway, over in MySpace Transformer group they are already talking about a Ravage repaint as Steeljaw. That could work as well, though I don't know if I'd be interested.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  5. #1225
    Steeljaw was significantly different from Ravage. Not that that's stopped them before. I think Pounce might be a possibility, if they don't want to "re-use" Ravage for this one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #1226
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You're wrong about these Mr Potatohead sorts of things Dom, they're meant to cash in on impending increases in brand recognition from a major event in the franchise (in both cases a movie release), then using the new customer interest to draw them into the main line.


    So there's Alt Jaguar, guess I was wrong about that. He looks like he turns into an actual cat-bot though, not like the current Ravage Alternator, it's something they haven't tried yet and I don't know if it'll work, it looks like there's gonna be a ton of leftover kibble from what we're seeing, lots of shell parts.


    Chaddy, don't blame us for Takara's design having the entire tail section kibble hanging off the hips, or the long weird face, or the halfbreed colors.
    Dude, I didn't say I didn't like Screamer. If anything, I'm the easy one to please. I like the movie bots, the Alts, the MPs, the Classics...the only line I have universally despised was Armada.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  7. #1227
    What was wrong with Armada?

    Oh, here are some comic reviews?


    Transformers/GI Joe #5
    This is a hasty wrap-up, almost seeming to be an attempt to drag out another issue from the series. Nothing is thematically contrary, but the ending is flat compared to the potential of the series. And, there is (not at all promising) set-up for what looks to be a 4th volume.
    Grade: C Not bad, but a good deal of potential is wasted.
    Hearts of Steel #3
    This issue is a bit too decompressed, but hardly as bloated as many other comics. The promised trip to NY is justified, albeit flimsily. Provided the last issue is as well written as the first two, this 3rd issue will not poison the series, but it will not help it in any case.
    Grade? B/C


    Dom
    -still waiting for Quickmix dammit.......

  8. #1228
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Dude, I didn't say I didn't like Screamer. If anything, I'm the easy one to please. I like the movie bots, the Alts, the MPs, the Classics...the only line I have universally despised was Armada.
    I was responding to the claim that those who aren't in love with MP Screamer are "haters". I know you like him, I was more or less explaining why I'm not entirely digging it.

    I can understand why folks don't dig Armada, tho' I personally think it's not entirely fair to lump the later Armada releases in with the earlier weak entries like Hot Shot and Cyclonus. Dom and I have already had disagreements in this department, he likes Cyclonus for example.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #1229
    Armada had a nice comic book, and the cross-universe assassins were a great idea (though, let's be real, no one could ever take down the combined might of G1 Galvatron and Bludgeon).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  10. #1230
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I was responding to the claim that those who aren't in love with MP Screamer are "haters". I know you like him, I was more or less explaining why I'm not entirely digging it.

    I can understand why folks don't dig Armada, tho' I personally think it's not entirely fair to lump the later Armada releases in with the earlier weak entries like Hot Shot and Cyclonus. Dom and I have already had disagreements in this department, he likes Cyclonus for example.
    What figures came at the end of Armada? Unicron is the only one I wouldn't gladly completely forget about.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO