Page 133 of 578 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5773
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    One of the guys on BWTF's forums got his MP Starscream already and says there's no die-cast and he's way smaller than MP Prime and his gray base color has a green tint to it. That's pretty weak.
    That's not inspiring me with a lot of confidence concerning my overseas order there, JT. I thought I'd be getting something worthy of the MP line if this is MP04!

I didn't expect Die Cast Metal - I don't think MP Prime is any part metal either. Oh - maybe the chest panels in the front of the cab that open for the Matrix of Leadership. But most of him's plastic.

If the guy didn't extend Starscream's legs or something while transforming him, that might be an issue with the height. I could have sworn I saw a picture of the two MPE together and Starscream was the same height as Prime (about 12").

We'll see when it arrives I guess. I have not yet been charged nor e-mailed that it is shipping. The website said "In-Stock" though - and I got a confirmation e-mail about my order. Since then, that's been it.

I probably ordered it about a week ago - immediately after you provided me with a couple links to buy Starscream from. (I still give my thanks).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    hey, i want it! i even ordered it off of hasbrotoyshop. it's not worth $70 but with 25% off and free shipping, it's not bad.

How did you score that deal? I've been waiting to get DVD Prime at retail(I skipped on the original, and have been kicking myself since!), but if I could get him at that price, I would order him too!
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Matthewilw, you can buy ANYthing at hasbrotoyshop.com with 25% off and free shipping with the "fall25" code.

JT, there's a difference between "stuck in the past" and "I just don't like the other stuff." I've watched at least an episode each of Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise, Energon, Cybertron, and Armada. I was not impressed by a single one of them. In fact, except for the Beast Wars, which looks like it could be interesting if watched in order, all of them looked worse than the Sigma Six cartoon. So maybe my aversion to spending money on figures from these lines has precluded me from seeing better figures bearing the name "Starscream." I'm comparing it to the Starscream figure I knew as a kid, which was a statue with stubby little arms.

And the Minicons? Seriously. A new race of tiny Transformers who snap into pre-designed (but previously undiscovered) ports on the larger Autobots and Decepticons to give them special abilities? That screams "blatant sales gimmick" to me far more than anything that ever ended in "-Master."

It's not totally dissimilar to loving SW, then thinking the Prequels are poor quality or uninteresting and just ignoring them or downplaying them, y'know?
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 10-08-2006 at 10:32 AM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Matthewilw, you can buy ANYthing at hasbrotoyshop.com with 25% off and free shipping with the "fall25" code.

Thank you Sir! That code saved me $20 on DVD Prime. $52 is not bad at all. Now let's just hope it ships soon, and doesn't follow that "will ship on or around 11/15" nonsense they have posted!
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Optimus Prime in vehicle mode minus windvane and pipes

Optimus Prime in bot mode with pipes-cannon separated into twin pistols.

I figured instead of trying to explain this and failing to get the idea across to everybody, I'd just take some photos and explain it on a page I can just link to instead:

http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/tfclop/

The pipes-cannon thing reads more complex than it really is, luckily the photos tell the tale fairly efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's not inspiring me with a lot of confidence concerning my overseas order there, JT. I thought I'd be getting something worthy of the MP line if this is MP04!
    Yeah, I am not sure I could spend $80+ on this thing. But the guy said it also looks like a model airplane in vehicle mode, so it lives up in terms of that. Check out the pictures of this thing, there ARE reasons to like it!
    http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/toys/MP_03a.htm

I didn't expect Die Cast Metal - I don't think MP Prime is any part metal either. Oh - maybe the chest panels in the front of the cab that open for the Matrix of Leadership. But most of him's plastic.
    The majority of his chest and lower legs are metal, he's mostly metal, it's part of why he costs so damn much.

If the guy didn't extend Starscream's legs or something while transforming him, that might be an issue with the height. I could have sworn I saw a picture of the two MPE together and Starscream was the same height as Prime (about 12").
    He transformed it correctly, you remember wrong I think, I mentioned specifically MP Starscream was around 8" tall months ago, and I've never seen a photo showing otherwise. The last picture on the page I linked you to above shows MP Prime next to MP Starscream, it's not pretty -- another link just in case you don't want to scroll 2 paragraphs up http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/toys/MP_03a.htm

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, there's a difference between "stuck in the past" and "I just don't like the other stuff." I've watched at least an episode each of Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise, Energon, Cybertron, and Armada. I was not impressed by a single one of them. In fact, except for the Beast Wars, which looks like it could be interesting if watched in order, all of them looked worse than the Sigma Six cartoon. So maybe my aversion to spending money on figures from these lines has precluded me from seeing better figures bearing the name "Starscream." I'm comparing it to the Starscream figure I knew as a kid, which was a statue with stubby little arms.
    You *really* cannot judge toys on cartoons. RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are all really awful cartoons in large part because they're not made for US audiences, they're made for Japanese audiences and then American dubbing/writing is shoddily shoehorned into them for US release. Beast Wars and Beast Machines are very interesting and overall very good, but they're "very different" because they're beasts and they have CG styles (BW is different from BM) instead of traditional animation and take their audience a little more seriously than other TF cartoons. And none of that really changes the toys by themselves.

And the Minicons? Seriously. A new race of tiny Transformers who snap into pre-designed (but previously undiscovered) ports on the larger Autobots and Decepticons to give them special abilities? That screams "blatant sales gimmick" to me far more than anything that ever ended in "-Master."
    How exactly is it any different from Micromasters or Headmasters??? At least Armada had the decency to remove the concept from the G1 canon, can Micromasters or Headmasters say the same?

It's not totally dissimilar to loving SW, then thinking the Prequels are poor quality or uninteresting and just ignoring them or downplaying them, y'know?
    But it's not the same either, SW is based around the movies, around the central canon of the OT tales; TF is based around toys - not even a truly unified toy line, but one initially scavenged from multiple Japanese toy lines - with storylines made up from an overall tapestry, an essence jumping off from G1, rather than a central canon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the link JT - sorry I lost my original message I was typing you but a friend's over to visit and she had trouble parking

I have to go in a second, but I wanted to say I was disappointed in Starscream's size and hope to God (or Primus) that he's at least constructed of sturdy plastic with sturdy joints. I paid a lot for him. But the display options for the jet and "flying robot form" look awesome! He seems he'll be on par or slightly larger than the Alternator cars I collect (Sideswipe, etc.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well, I haven't heard that the figure is fragile, so hopefully it is sturdy. Just looking at all the crazy stuff going on in transformation, and the cool landing gear actually getting doors and stuff, I don't think this is going to be disappointing - maybe overpriced, but it's an import, it looks about twice as big as an Alternators figure and twice as complex, so if it was in the US I wouldn't be surprised by a $50 pricetag, but at this point it's NOT coming out in the US and it is an import so the price is a different situation. Also, about the wing-kibble off the hips, that site shows a way to pop the kibble off its joint and attach it to the lower leg, that kicks ***.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, when I get Starscream I'll post a review here and copy it for ActionFigs. Like I said, I haven't even been charged for it yet. But I can't wait! Starscream is one of the only orders I have pending - the rest are SideShow, but I'm probably going to order the Lucas Family Figures finally.

Other than that, I'm going to chase a few Saga 2 figures (Endor2/Naboo wave) and that's it unless Rumble and Ravage Alternators ship any time this year (possible).

[UPDATE]: I got a notice that my Starscream MPE3 or 4, whichever it is, has shipped as of today. I will get it between October 16 and November 23, they say (7-45 days from now - such is mail ordering from Japan).

The charge has not shown up on my account yet. My order receipt was for Japanese Yen - 11,000 some. I'll report what that comes out to in dollars as soon as I know.

I can't wait until I get him. Starscream is by far my favorite Decepticon. I was always the most excited about him.