Page 140 of 584 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 5839
    Tycho, Classics Starscream ain't that great, he has a good vehicle mode from the top, but from the side and bottom it loses quality, and bot mode - while probably satisfying to you - is a letdown. Plus, he suffers that milky silver plastic. Rodimus is pretty awesome though.

Lugnutz is probably around that Alternators scale, a little small though, but is a crappy robot, mega-kibble.

Starscream is actually NEVER seen this way in the script that I read. Hasbro has 13 robots to make for this film and at 4 different size and price ranges, that could be 52 figures. Add 13 more of these Cybertronian modes, and they could have 65!
    That's not how it'll work, characters aren't going to be done at every pricepoint, they'll fill whatever pricepoint they best fit, plus maybe a second size if the first one is too pricey or not a good sculpt.

Anyway, here's a link to the gallery with thse Movie Preview figures:
    http://tformers.com/TF-Movie-Protofo...6699/news.html

Both figures make me want to vomit, and the 1 color each thing and Rocklord alt mode, super suckage! Transformers is dead to me!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Both figures make me want to vomit, and the 1 color each thing and Rocklord alt mode, super suckage! Transformers is dead to me!
    You still have MPE Starscream and Alternator Rumble and Ravage as possibilities.

I will wait to see what they do with:

Brawl / Barricade (repaint Alt Wheeljack, add cop lights and new head)
    Devastator / Brawl (MPE Quality, with grattitude)
    Vortex / Incinerator / Blackout - espeically (MPE quality, thanks!)
    Soundwave / Frenzy
    Ratchet (an Alternator please!)
    Ironhide (alter Nemesis Prime Alt)
    BumbleBee (you gotta suspect there will eventually be an Alternator here!)

I'm not interested in their proto-forms.

If they redid Prime in the new form as a MPE - I'd consider it.

Megatron needs a MPE. I guess the Cybertronian jet maybe?

Jazz could get a new Alternator by his name (instead of Meister) and it might look cool.

I think toys will be less "Bionicle" than the movie look. But now that I understand the movie a bit better, I'm beginning to see where Michael Bay and Don Murphy are coming from.

I never thought I would see the day.

Oh - and JT: Thanks for the information on Lugnutz.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    You still have MPE Starscream and Alternator Rumble and Ravage as possibilities.
    And Classics wave 2 and 3, and Titaniums, but they are working hard to kill my interest in TF, that's for sure.

I think toys will be less "Bionicle" than the movie look. But now that I understand the movie a bit better, I'm beginning to see where Michael Bay and Don Murphy are coming from.
    They're coming from Turdsylvania. But we already know Hasbro is throwing out a large part of the looks of these things, keeping only the general lines, head likenesses, and significant kibble.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They're coming from Turdsylvania. But we already know Hasbro is throwing out a large part of the looks of these things, keeping only the general lines, head likenesses, and significant kibble.
    That's exactly what I don't like - the headlikenesses, the kibble, etc.

I still think he could have redone the '84 cartoon with live action looks and had it be just what we all wanted. No matter how "good" this might turn out (my hopes were raised by reading the script), the original G1 cartoon is still the best and the way we were raised with the Autobots and Decepticons!

What other classics are they making in waves 2 and 3?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i know that Grimlock and Mirage are due pretty soon in the Classics line.

Tycho, i think you're dead wrong about how the toys will be less bionicle than the movie characters. come on, we all know that hasbro is going to use the milky plastic on them and though i've never held a bionicle figure, i'm pretty sure that the plastic used on those isn't of the same quality as lego bricks.

As are Jetfire, Ramjet, Cliffjumper, and Perceptor, as well as at least a couple more.

If Michael Bay truly wanted a good TF movie, they should've brought on Simon Furman as either a scriptwriter or consultant. He wrote the best-known Marvel TF comics, as well as the "prequel" War Within comics for Dreamwave and a good chunk of the current IDW comics--a totally new relaunch with little similarity to the original story, but absolutely faithful to the idea of G1.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found a website with all the G1 and then-on cartoons online, plus the movie soundtrack (86 movie plus Unicron's theme and more).

YOU CAN WATCH THE ADVENTURES OF RODIMUS PRIME HERE:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=87407980

Those of you on MySpace can send a friends request and get added by this guy and view the first 2 seasons with Optimus Prime in his blogs. Plus there's more. A great site!

I also received the pictures of Classics Cliffjumper and Ramject, Grimlock, etc. (not Perceptor yet) and they do look great. If folks need them, I'll resize them and post them upon request, else it's someone else's turn. I covered the movie sneak preview figures.

I had an idea, Megs should come with an accessory version of himself, MP Optimus came with a small G1 gun-mode Megatron and it was all the cooler for it. With Classics Starscream and Optimus both sporting standard 5mm holes in their fists, an accessory version of Classics Megatron's gun mode with a standard 5mm peg instead of the grip would have been awesome. Plus, for kids with imaginations that can't wrap their brains around that, Megatron has no accessories and this could have been his. If Hasbro decides to do a Galvatron repaint, I really hope they consider this idea to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What other classics are they making in waves 2 and 3?
    Grimlock, Mirage, Jetfire, the 2packs (Op vs Megs, Ultra Mag vs Skywarp), Ramjet, Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    As are Jetfire, Ramjet, Cliffjumper, and Perceptor, as well as at least a couple more.
    Perceptor and "a couple more" are total guessery last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Tycho, i think you're dead wrong about how the toys will be less bionicle than the movie characters. come on, we all know that hasbro is going to use the milky plastic on them and though i've never held a bionicle figure, i'm pretty sure that the plastic used on those isn't of the same quality as lego bricks.
    While you're right that LEGO uses different plastic for those pieces, it's not the "bionicle" we're talking about which is about how piecey and non-integrated-armor and cheap jointed they are in the movie designs.

If Michael Bay wanted a good Transformers movie, he should have fired himself.

Tycho, we've already seen those guys, we linked to them a couple weeks ago.

Perceptor's name showed up on that Hasbro page you linked to a few weeks ago. No pictures, though, so who knows if he's a microscope or what. But I'd consider the name on a Hasbro page to be more or less "confirmed."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, that doesn't count, those are "Legends" figures, those stupid $4 mini versions of the Cybertron guys who have been repainted and renamed with classic characters in mind. http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...5C782C4065A089