Page 145 of 593 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 5925
    More or less replying to JT.

I agree completely about decals. I hate them. (I leave them off mostly.)

I got a lead on the script, and will hopefully read it in the next few weeks. Oh, you better believe I will have some thing to say........

Now.......

You're skipping it for the most arbitrary of reasons, not because the product itself isn't good but because you felt it some pieces over the past 2 years have been hard to find, because you got a few QC issues, because it's not connected directly to a TV or comic continuity, because it's not running long enough, and because you're a big baby.
    Whadyomeanbaby? I am not a baby! I will show you I am not a baby!

I just do not find lookng for scarce toys (still several waves of Minicons behind in this area), and then hoping to get a good one to be fun in the least. The lack of any actual context is a deterent, as it leaves me with only a few toys, in a line that Hasbro seems to be cutting corners on. (Minicons, those lil' recolors being examples.) Classics are likely to show up in the con comics, which are awful. (Of course, I liked RiD as a line, despite hating the cartoon.)

Oh man, I cannot believe you called it out because it doesn't look like the animation - the animation is based on the toy, the animation's failure is on the animator's fault, not the toy's fault. Your eyes are not open.
    Remember, in Beast Machines, the characters were designed simultaneously for both formats, as in BW. And, I can still appreciate Tankorr as a good toy. Thrust was just awful.

And, leave Nightbeat alone. He rides the flippy bit, which is more than I can say for Thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    More or less replying to JT.

I agree completely about decals. I hate them. (I leave them off mostly.)

Now.......
    Uhhhh, having troubles Dom, or is this a work in progress and I should check back later?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There's really not that much kibble on Starscream, JT.

In my big post that I worked so hard on and lost, I'd been (in one part) explaining that I think that some of the net pictures of him were not transformed correctly. The instructions, whether Takara's in Japanese, or Hasbro's (in whatever language passes for English in Rhode Island), are never clear enough, so you have to combine their steps with some instinct of your own.

The nose of the jet really collapses flat against Starscream's back and the tailfins and tailflaps can hug Starscreams legs and "pose" with them. There's rotational and swivel-out rotation there, so you don't have to pose it looking awful. His legs (and arms) are as articulate as any Alternator or Prime. It is a great step up from the G1 Starscream that I remember - and his size, while not perfect (I'd have still liked him to be bigger) kicks the tar out of the new Classics Starscream that I've seen in stores (which is smaller than Classics Hot Rod (Hasbro translation: Rodimus - uh-huh).

I just stress that if you get him, be extremely cautious in what you move and take the time to transform him - it's not really a toy. On that matter, the quality is really a letdown after Prime.

Hasbro might decide to:

1) remake Starscream in more metal or something to avoid customer service complaints due to breakage if this is mass-marketed to kids

2) they've already said they'll repaint him the more classic white.

On Starscream's paint scheme I have this to say:

a) It's much darker than even real F-15 fighter jets I've seen. In the right lighting, he almost looks like G1 Thundercracker's blue though. If this is repainted for other Decepticon jets, as might be likely, I recommend Skywarp be done first as he'll be so black that it'll be distinctly different yet still realistic.

b) This is gun-metal. I think a realistic, traditional F-15 is darker than G1 Starscream, but actually lighter in color than this (see Go-Bot Leader-1 for example). That might look good for Starscream. This is seriously cool and safe for me and my tastes compared with the "Jazz-white" coloring that Hasbro might come out with - over decaled with bright red markings, too (see Classics Starscream in stores now and tell me if real fighter jets look like that when they are not performance planes for airshows). But I'd tell you if I was perfectly satisfied, but I'm honest and something feels a little off. This coloring is SAFE however - like I just explained. Starscream also looks like an evil Decepticon in this color versus a plane you're going to hear "We're going ballistic with Penny Benjamin, Mav!" coming out from.

I also hope, but don't count on, new headsculpts and even wing and tailfin, tailflaps sculpted for Skywarp and Thundercracker if they do them. I think they will, because they repainted MP Prime white and turqouiz and called him Ultra Magnus (crap!), so why wouldn't they do something similar for Skywarp and Thundercracker - that's the G1 tradition for the jets anyhow.

I liked how Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet had their wings and accessories altered so they'd be a little different. I think considering the price of the MasterPieces, Takara could do so and then some!

In face, the body base is good (though stronger material should be used) and with some different parts, they could use the same base form but make Skywarp a black stealth fighter for example. How cool would that be? (change the wings, the tailfins, and part of the cockpit and the jet's "back" and there you go. Oh - the head too. They could still cost cut by using the same base-body and have Skywarp etc. transform the same.

Skywarp could be a stealth fighter (black of course)
    Thundercracker could be a F-18 (Blue Angel maybe)
    Ramjet - hmm - maybe a new mold here - like a F-16
    Thrust - the F-16 body might be convertible to a Harrier jet
    Dirge - not sure what you could do with him, but maybe a repaint of Skywarp?

I don't know if they'd ever get into Cyclonus or that generation, but I'm not sure about ideas for a real jet for his alt-form. Perhaps he should always be his Cybertronian jet form? Maybe not in purple though
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

we should play a drinking game for every time JT includes the word "kibble" in a post

For some reason, I have this mental image of Professor Farnsworth running around singing the old "Kibbles and Bits" commercial.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nibbler's canned food is Kibbles 'n Snouts... aww, somebody likes snouts!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Kibbles are Transformers: they go from dog food to dog poo!

They're "more than you want meeting the nose."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The word is Masterpiece MEGATRON will be MPE 05 and the traditional Walther P-38 handgun.

I wonder how this will affect ordering it in California? From a conversation with Amy from MasterReplicas, I thought I understood that prop-replica guns cannot be shipped in California - or at least not without the orange cap in the barrel (how come criminals don't just add orange caps to their real guns until it is time for them to use them?)

Anyway, if Megatron ships in robot form, will that get around this?

They say he's going to be sized equivalently with MP Prime. So that might mean he'll turn into an awefully large gun since the original G1 gun was a realistic size and G1 Megatron was skinny and not very articulate (or sturdy) as a robot.

Meanwhile, I wonder what other Masterpieces they'll make. El Chuxter has indicated that very soon, perhaps MPE 06, will come Grimlock.

However, MPE Prime has those pop-up comm screens on his wrists. One shows Starscream, whom they made a MPE for. The other shows BumbleBee. This gives me pause, as BumbleBee, MPE or not, would be no larger than an Alternator (and ought to be one - the Chevy Camarro from the movie if they can't do a VW).

This begs the question of anyone who has MPE 02, Ultra Magnus (that pathetic repaint of Prime) - who is on Magnus' comlink?

Let's assume there's one Autobot and one Decepticon.

Rodimus Prime?
    Springer?

Galvatron?
    Cyclonus?

Any of these would make awesome MPEs you have to admit! I even have to admit when they are not real vehicles for their Alt modes.

Anyone have the MPE Ultra Magnus out there? You'd have to have ordered it from Japan. If so I have to know who his comm units call up. It's a guess in the dark, but still a great way to waste some time...

See my above post about Megatron.

This is what I want for a MPE Skywarp - the F-117 Nighthawk -

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-117.htm

It'd make a sweet Transformer! Screw repaints. I like new sculpts!

Want a repaint? Convert Starscream's F-15 to an F-18 Hornet, decorate it like a Blue Angel (if they'll allow that for an evil Decepticon) and call him Thundercracker. Then at least the D-jets will be all slightly different instead of repainted F-15's one and all. I can break with tradition there - they'll still be fighter jets. It's not like turning the Dinobots into muscle cars!

I wish I had indicated there'd be a MPE Grimlock. I just reported reading on another site that the Hasbro reps said on a panel that they'd like to do Grimlock. (Of course, everyone except Tycho, CaptainSolo1138, and Rocketboy loves Grimlock, so it's reasonable to guess the designers at Takara think the same way.)

Since Prime was repainted as Ultra Magnus, it seems logical that we'll see at least one of the other jets in the near future.

Rodimus and Galvatron would both be killer choices for future MPEs, as would Scourge and Cyclonus. At first, Shockwave and Jetfire seem obvious, but they were pretty above and beyond the quality level of most early Transformers, so I wouldn't mind waiting.

Omega Supreme and Devastator would be way too big.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see MPE Thunderwing. The original figure sucked pretty hard.
    Tommy, close your eyes.