Page 146 of 596 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 5956
    I actually like Grimlock and think he's cute in his own way, but in the hard-core realistic version of Transformers that I'd embrace (as long as it doesn't stray too far from G1), I don't really see a place for Dinobots (or massive size changes into Walkmans and handguns) unless Michael Bay can convince me otherwise. The G1 reason for Dinobots (Wheeljack's inventiveness) would be cool to see realized in live-action somehow -but very tricky to do realistically. We'll see where the movie franchise takes it.

I would've not bought Transformers at all and just appreciated it from afar, like Scooby-Doo or something, had it not been for the attraction Alternators had for me (and MPE Optimus Prime). Thus a very specific taste was cultivated in me in as far as Transformers are regarded. I've gone with that as I've picked and chosen what I purchased and would be a fan of.

So nothing against Grimlock. And he means more to me than Scooby-Doo, but compared with Optimus Prime - not a lot more.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The law on replica weapons in CA is that they must have a permanently-affixed "blaze orange" plug in the barrel no further than 1/4" beneath the opening.

Takara supposedly is going to make Megatron an oversized Walther though, a cannon too big to be believable as a handgun, which could be cool, but I bet Hasbro still won't release it here.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Will Takara still be able to ship it to me (in California) from Japan?

Or will one of "Arnold's men" stop me from having my package get through customs because they think I'm Osama Bin Decepticon?

BTW - I may or may not order Megatron anyway. While the handgun is traditional, I've grown to like the idea of a Cybertronian Jet or a huge Abrahms tank - something that still converts to his general G1 appearance as a robot (without Michael Bay's idea for a face on him).

Oh, like I said before - if I were a gang-banger or bank robber, whatever, I'd stick an orange cap in the end of my gun to pass it off as a toy until I needed to use it. If I was really wealthy, I'd have something that looks like a Nerf gun or squirt pistol modified so it fired real lethal shots as well. And if I was wealthier than that, I'd be really bad with a handgun that squirted water as well as shot bullets, and I'd just fake it being a toy when I needed to. As I understand it though, you are robbing a bank even if you threaten the teller with a real squirt pistol. Proceedure is to give you the money (with an exploding ink bag probably) and if you squirt anyone, it counts as assault.

However, I'm not sure if a cop would be cleared on a shooting if he blew away someone aiming a Nerf pistol at him. On the law enforcement end, I'd want the answer to be yes. There's no reason to point ANYTHING at a police officer doing their duty - that includes real squirt pistols, super-soakers, and Nerf guns. If they're wearing a police uniform, you respect that. If they're wearing a swimsuit - you super-soak them (Bay Watch Patrol being the exception).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

On the odd chance that anyone's interested, I'm just about to transition from Microman into something that "transforms" with my YouTube Takara Toy commercial uploads. Here's where I'm at so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om4ShNsA3PY

plasticfetish.net

For us poor folks, Titanium Soundwave and Rodimus Prime are coming

A new Transformer in action:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1719034

My Comic Book Store had Masterpiece Starscream for $109 (I paid $97.12 including everything, shipped from Japan).

The girl working there told me that they've been selling well - MP Starscreams and it has been rather popular.

They also had MP Prime with the trailer. I asked about whether they sold the trailer kit separately and she said she'd look into that. I'm not sure I want the trailer yet though. I've kind of gotten used to him without it.

One Retailer Already Not Carrying Masterpiece Megatron!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=114421

I couldn't find out where BigBadToyStore was located, but my guess would be in California.

As I asked before - does boxing him in robot form get around the gun law? And if they have to, could putting an orange cap in his barrel work around this issue, or will Takara rather surrender the market. Isn't California (by itself) the 10th largest economy in the world? Seems a stupid idea since if China or somewhere else outranks CA, its citizens as a whole are less likely to be spending their money on Transformers (though the nation does have a life-sizes statue of Optimus Prime, so I could be wrong).

OK, the issues here are:

1) kids not getting shot by cops for weilding Megatron.

2) Megatron, to be large enough to face off with MPE 01 / 04 Prime, becoming a very over-sized (KingKong's) Walther P-38, and thus not being realistic at all in that sense.

3) Can they put an orange cap in it and resolve this before it starts?

4) Other toy / replica guns NOT being able to be transformed into a robot for shipping - so Megatron could be the exception to the rule.

But this is pretty real and not one of Tycho's "let's drudge out a controversy" thread topics - though I have one in "should cross-dressers who are into beastiality be allowed to purchase Transformers?" I was in line behind a man in a dress with a live goat on a rope at Toys R Us the other day. He was buying the Titanium figures. I think he misunderstood that they didn't mean "those kinds of kids" with the Toys For Tots drive.

BBTS is located in Indiana, or Wisconson, or something.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

i bought the World's Smallest TF's Megatron i think last year but i guess since it's so small, it doesn't fall within those prop replica gun laws?