Page 150 of 585 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 5841

Fans worried that the movie would not treat the Transformers with the respect they deserve need not worry. Page 58's description of Optimus Prime transforming shoudl put any worries on that front to bed. "...as the truck TRANSFORMS into...oh yes, Optimus Prime." Wow, a dramatic pause in the description. Heavy stuff indeed. And, we get a nice liguistic non-sequitor in the form of the phrase "robotit organisms".
    The script writer also shows great empathy for the Transformers. On page 60, Optimus Prime is described as aswering a question about his origin with "a heavy heart", and we go from there into a truly awful flashback sequence.
    Page 62: Exclamation points, never out of style!
    Another that I credit the script writer with is staying objective, even during the most emotional scenes. When "Fig", dies a predictable action movie death, the script tells the reader (after a drawn out scene), "That's how he dies." Page 63 is where you will find that bit of poetry.
    On page 75 or so, the secret origin of Mikaela is just too supid for words. It ignores a few commonly known and understood elements of statutrory law.
    On page 75, Bumblebee skeets a big, steaming, oily load onto a group of government agents. Yes, You read that right. Bumblebee skeets a big, steaming, oily load onto a group of government agents. And, there is no exclamation point. Apparently, the script writer sees nothing exciting or unusual about his.
    In a script like this, it is tough to pick a favorite page. No doubt about it though, page 80 is in the running. THE WRITER MANAGES TO DEMONSTRATE ALL OF HIS FINE SKILL WITH USING EXCLAMATION POINTS IN VARYING NUMBERS, MANY TIMES PER PAGE HERE!!!!! Of course, in his (quite understandable) excitement, he does hit "caps lock" a few times. And then, there is a truly emotional scene. Bumblebee is captured by the more government agents (including one who was skeeted only monents before). This scene is truly "hopeless, heart breaking", as evidenced by the fact that the scene is described as such. At this point, more relfective members of the audience may want to pull themselves back from the drama and ponder one of the most challenging questions posed by the film. If the Transformers travel through the cold depths of space space, and negotiate planet-fall as their own entry vehicles, just why are they so bothered by the relatively mild temperatures of hot-rounds and liquide nitrogen?

There is plenty more to (and wrong with) the script.

Dom
    -thinking it would be really funny if the script were real, and the writer saw this review.

Dom,

I read this script and discuss it in the movies-other-forum, all in color=foeded text. You highlight it to read it.

I liked the story myself. As it's just a movie, your criticism may very well be great (as to pointing out the inconsistencies) but it still might be the legitimate film.

Transformers might be invulnerable to the temperature changes when they have converted to space-flight, atmospheric entry form, but when they're robotic, their parts are exposed more and they could be more vulnerable. In any event, the writer needs some plot device to make the military in the story not totally ineffective, else it would be "as disrespectful as if John Kerry wrote the picture."

The document might be the actual plot yet, but not the actual script - as it could have been re-written by a fan who works on the production and modified to suit his particular taste - and the fact that it would not have been distributed or even leaked in electronic form - for the very reason that it would end up on the internet in a matter of seconds! < look - an exclamation point!

Remember, this is kind of still a kids' movie (kind of) and the children won't over-analyze it as much as we will.

I'm not sure you know this, but if you get bitten by a radio-active spider, the chances that you'll mutate overnight and be able to spin webs in the morning are pretty slim, to next to impossible. But I just thought I'd check if we all were aware of that.

Oh, and "!!!!" -
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I have a hard time believing that a professional writer would use exclamation points even a 10th of the times that they showed up in this script. That, on top of a plot that reads like it was written by a child (complete with every bit of 'tard fodder that justifies the derision people regard summer movies with), and the use of breathlessly fannish terms like "oh yes, Optimus Prime", in lines meant to direct cast and crew make me wonder how legit this script it.

There is a credible case for it being reald. But, I say that it may also be fake.

The temperature problem is not wholly outisde the realm of mistakes we normally get in such movies. But, that does not make it any more forgivable. It is less forgivable than the magic spider bite because in this case, the psuedo-science is not even applied consistently in the same story.

If the actual movie is in any way derived from this script, I will say now that JT is right in his doom-saying.

Dom, glad to hear you got your CY basics already, I spotted more sets last night but didn't have the funds to get them for you, now I don't feel so bad. What are your first impressions of both sets? I didn't buy Hightail but did give a good in-package look yesterday, the deco doesn't work as well as Roadnutz's in alt mode and feels very samey in bot mode, but it may be otherwise in person. I already professed my appreciation for the shadow boys.

Figgy, you buy Primal from TRU? If you get a chance, pick up Beast Megatron, he's a better figure and at $8 you can't go wrong.

Yeah, Roddy is selling VERY well around here, I'm now seeing everybody else from wave 1 but him regularly (still more Astrotrains than anything else though). Supposedly Mirage and Grimlock are in our area Targets already, I am so wanting those!

Thanks for the 411 Chaddy, sounds pretty cool. It's pricey but you do get an awesome MP Prime as well so it's not as outrageous in some ways, well outside of my means though. Hasbro should offer the trailer as a mail-away item.

I'm not that surprised BBTS is going to do the blaze-orange thing, it's smart, it'll make them a major importer for the item. I'm very likely to get it from them now.

Dom, that's a wild script review, as low as my opinion for the writers on the movie are, they are professional screenwriters so I really doubt now that it's the real mccoy, all the stuff you've mentioned could have been gleaned from leaked news by someone wanting to write a fake script that sounded real. The worst part though is that we can't totally be sure it's not real.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Supposedly Mirage and Grimlock are in our area Targets already, I am so wanting those!
    Off to Target I go! I want one of those more than any other "Classic" figure. Guess which one. Hint: he isn't blue.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The movie discussion has really piled on over in this thread as well. OK Then.

There are more Transformers fans participating here anyway than in the movie-other forum.

So I'll post the news here:

Shia LaBeouf (Spike Whitwicky) has been interviewed saying he's totally doing Transformers for the career boost and the money, and otherwise hates it and doesn't care too much for Michael Bay.

Read all about it here:

http://movies.about.com/od/bobby/a/bobbysl111006_4.htm

This guy is actually upset while he's co-starring with Megan Fox?

But he says Transformers will be his "Lord of the Rings." So we can therefore infer that it might still be a good flick, but Shia doesn't sound like he's down for a lot of the stunt work, etc. I know from another video or interview that I saw with Michael Bay, that Shia was very frightened in the scene where Barricade tortures him just before BumbleBee's rescue. They used some kind of hydraulic press or forklift machine to slam down just inches from LaBeouf and then they use TNT to blow up a car seconds after he dives off of it. I posted the video in the movie thread, or on MySpace or somewhere. I can't remember. In any case, Harrison Ford would never whine about such a scene - he'd just do it. Shai sounds like he prefers artsy movies.

Personally, I think you can like both - and the best is when a good script has elements of each in them - great expository writing scenes, as well as things exploding and a car chase or two.

Imagine if Bruce Willis took a moment in Die Hard to explain corporate finance ethics to Hans in a ground-breaking performance that would have illuminated everything we wanted to say about the Enron scandal - and then he blew up the building?

Or Uncle Owen had a moment explaining how Palpatine's taxes impacted him and Luke and their family on the farm. (It was sort of done in the cut Biggs scenes on Tatooine though).

But Michael Bay has a real winner on his hands because of the kid audience, no matter what we as fans say, or even what Shia as one of his actors, says. BTW, I have not read anywhere that Shia was a Transformer fan when he was a kid. I believe him when he says he's just trying to hope for a career like Elijah Wood. Funny how Wood can make a career from LOTR but Hayden - I'm just not so sure about.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This guy is actually upset while he's co-starring with Megan Fox?
    She's not exactly an actor's actor, she's not even that hot, just a generic hollywood beauty - there are tons of them out there. Shia cares about his craft and the business of it, standing next to Megan Fox all day is probably about as high on his list of things he wants to do as the laundry.

But he says Transformers will be his "Lord of the Rings." So we can therefore infer that it might still be a good flick
    Uh, no, that's not at all what he's saying, he's saying the movie's franchise will be so huge that his face/name will be well-known in the mainstream crowd and he can do whatever work he wants from this. It has nothing to do with the movie's content.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I could see Shia coming out of this OK.

BumbleBee on the other hand will be type-cast as an Autobot.

But he might get the role of Frankenstein's monster in "Van Helsing: the sequel."

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    I have a hard time believing that a professional writer would use exclamation points even a 10th of the times that they showed up in this script. That, on top of a plot that reads like it was written by a child (complete with every bit of 'tard fodder that justifies the derision people regard summer movies with), and the use of breathlessly fannish terms like "oh yes, Optimus Prime", in lines meant to direct cast and crew make me wonder how legit this script it.

There is a credible case for it being reald. But, I say that it may also be fake.

If the actual movie is in any way derived from this script, I will say now that JT is right in his doom-saying.
    Hey Dom -

I read scripts for a living and a lot of times I run into professional writers taking liberties in writing their scripts. A) it's not for the cast and crew, it's for the executives who don't want to read about camera angles, they want to be lead through the story in a way that helps them visualize it; and B) a lot of them have ADD and need to constantly be brought back into the story. The stuff you describe isn't uncommon at all in my experience. I'm also pretty familiar with Kurtzman & Orci's style, so if you've got a copy I could read, I could probably give you a lot of reasons to support or debunk the veracity of the script. PM me if you're interested. I haven't read anything on this flick.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!