Page 152 of 588 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5874
    Mirage is a non-fighting character, but he still needs his hunting rifle that fires acid darts, perfect for bagging trophy turbofoxes.

(Sad thing is, I used no reference material. That's totally from memory, and Mirage was actually one of my least favorite G1 Wave 1 characters.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Mirage is awesome - he can make himself invisible!

He saved all the Autobots in the season opener for the first G1 episodes ever!

If you're going to diss Mirage, pack up your toys and go home!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Mirage also whooped Ravage's butt in the original Marvel Comics miniseries. Ravage in the comics was a pretty nasty customer. His real strength lie in his ability to play upon his opponents' weaknesses, as when he played up Mirage's questions of loyalty... he even almost talked Wheeljack into betraying Jetfire to the 'Cons!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ravage talked? Who translated? Dr. Doolittle?

Actually, I might remember a G1 show where he said something.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Ravage talked? Who translated? Dr. Doolittle?

Actually, I might remember a G1 show where he said something.
    In the original MTMTE multi-parter, when Ravage transforms into a tape, he speaks to Soundwave. that's the only time he spoke in the show.

That said, It would've been awesome if he'd had a russian accent!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

i used to own G1 Mirage but sold him to a friend a few years back. i actually had him since i was a kid and i'm not sure why i picked him at the store over sideswipe, sunstreaker or wheeljack.

I started buying G1 Transformers late in the game, even back in the day. The 1986 movie turned me on to going for it. I already had religiously been watching the cartoon, but I was able to track down such gems as Optimus Prime, Starscream, Megatron, all new in the box, 2 years or more after they'd started climbing to popularity.

It was too late to find Mirage, Wheeljack, and Sunstreaker in the stores, but Hasbro had this mail-away offer where you could buy them, as well as Reflector - Ratchet too I think. Most of my Transformers I got in G1 days came Mint in the Box, but I think these were mail-aways and I was so happy the day that package arrived. I think Mirage and Wheeljack were the two I loved the most. Sunstreaker's skid panel dragged on his back half and he didn't roll as fast as the others, nor was he as well proportioned as a robot. I love his modern Alternator that much more because of it. But Mirage and Wheeljack were perfect even back then.

All the animal cassettes could talk in the comic. Ravage was especially nasty. Ratbat even became an interrim Decepticon commander for a short while. I don't recall either of the condors being especially wordy, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks

So if the script is real Dom, weren't my warnings all those months ago prophetic?

Hmm, I think I disagree, he has no internal mechanisms to hide, and you can see he's hollow.

Really? I felt the opposite, that they looked cheaper and less interesting, but that was based only on viewing it in the bubble and seeing the bot in the packaging photo on the back.

Did you buy this or just examine it?

I totally disagree about the nosecone, I think it was an acceptable choice, he can look right or left just fine. My complaints are the lackluster underside of the jet (it being pure kibble and all) and the blocky, limited nature of the robot body.

The mechanisms I was thinking about in Jolt was the head assembly. It is barely noticable, even with the clear plastic (as the dome still obscures it).

Yes, you were right about the movie. That means none of us win. (Why is the sad emoticon the first one on the menu?)

Hightail is better colored than Lugnutz, once out of the package. (I may even recolor a spare LN into CyKill, based on the inspiration of Hightail.)

I fiddled with both Classics, while visiting my friend and his new-born. Starscream's nosecone just sorta hangs there. It could have been better.

And, I always rather liked Mirage, both in the cartoons and comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    The mechanisms I was thinking about in Jolt was the head assembly. It is barely noticable, even with the clear plastic (as the dome still obscures it).
    It's just a simple swivel point, but I do see what you mean. I'm just glad they painted over that dumb panel on the bottom of the dome in alt mode, that made no sense the first time around.

Yes, you were right about the movie. That means none of us win. (Why is the sad emoticon the first one on the menu?)
    It knows how bad this movie will be. I have no idea why it's first really, but yeah, this appears to be the project that will do bad things to Transfans.

Hightail is better colored than Lugnutz, once out of the package. (I may even recolor a spare LN into CyKill, based on the inspiration of Hightail.)
    No way I'm purchasing it, but if I see one on the loose I'll check it out.

I fiddled with both Classics, while visiting my friend and his new-born. Starscream's nosecone just sorta hangs there. It could have been better.
    It does hang there, but he's not the only TF to have this, and I prefer it to how the G1 figure dealt with it.

And, I always rather liked Mirage, both in the cartoons and comics.
    I liked Mirage too, though never read the comics.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.