Page 154 of 581 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 5801
    I read the script and then spoke to a friend of mine who worked on the movie and it's legit. My thoughts are that it is EXACTLY what I anticipated when they hired Michael Bay. A series of very cool action sequences connected by a chain of cliches, a thin plot, and without any perceiveable depth or even a good over-arching theme. You'd think people would watch SPIDER-MAN or X-MEN and learn the lesson that people expect more than just great effects and a good thrill ride. They do not, however, and this will be a very forgettable film. Expect an amazing trailer, good opening box office, and quick drop off the following weekend. Such a shame.

Now, onto happier news - where do I get Jetfire? That thing makes me giddy.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I found him at Wal-Mart (the one in Beaumont, CA, to be exact). I'd found one lone Mirage at Target about a week earlier, and was scouring the earth for Grimlock. I found him last night; there were a bunch of Classics on the pegs, and several scattered on the shelf. I found one Grimlock lying on a bunch of assorted Cybertron and Classics Voyagers, and when I picked him up, I noticed the one in the middle was Jetfire.

Grimlock appears to be shortpacked. There were three Mirages and one Grimlock.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chaddymac: I don't think it's a thin plot at all. I think all the cliches that would be expected are being delivered, but that is what I'd look for anyway.

It'll be a movie I see several times in the theater.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

re: Grimlock
    I knew Hasbro would find a way to make Classics hard. I knew it. I just freakin' knew it. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I read the script and then spoke to a friend of mine who worked on the movie and it's legit. My thoughts are that it is EXACTLY what I anticipated when they hired Michael Bay. A series of very cool action sequences connected by a chain of cliches, a thin plot, and without any perceiveable depth or even a good over-arching theme. You'd think people would watch SPIDER-MAN or X-MEN and learn the lesson that people expect more than just great effects and a good thrill ride. They do not, however, and this will be a very forgettable film. Expect an amazing trailer, good opening box office, and quick drop off the following weekend. Such a shame.

Now, onto happier news - where do I get Jetfire? That thing makes me giddy.
    No, you are wrong. You are lying. Oh, why are you lying to us.

Fine. I concede. This is the real script, and the movie will be terrible. Tycho, a "thin plot" implies all the moron fodder cliches that you are looking for. In this case, the cliches are not even well done.

I will likely see the movie at Botcon, or opening weekend, and be hoping up until the moment I see it that the script we have seen is a hoax, and that JT and Chaddymack and the other doomwayers all eat a big ol' slice of "I was completely, totally and utterly wrong" pie. Then, I will go on-line and complain more than all of them put together.

Of course, given the rave reviews the recent Beast Wars comics got in some quarters, there may well be enough hardcore fans to float this movie, if only on video.

Well, maybe the toys will be good. (And, keep the gloom and doom to yourselves until we have seen more of the line.)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I found him at Wal-Mart (the one in Beaumont, CA, to be exact). I'd found one lone Mirage at Target about a week earlier, and was scouring the earth for Grimlock. I found him last night; there were a bunch of Classics on the pegs, and several scattered on the shelf. I found one Grimlock lying on a bunch of assorted Cybertron and Classics Voyagers, and when I picked him up, I noticed the one in the middle was Jetfire.

Grimlock appears to be shortpacked. There were three Mirages and one Grimlock.
    Your good luck inspired me to try looking for them around here, i just got back from a Target, i found two Mirages on the pegs. I looked up and down for Grimlock but he was nowhere to be found, so i took Mirage with me. Car mode looks fantastic, his bot mode works for me. A little skinny above the hips, but it evens out up top.

"ME KAK NOT HAPPY!"
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I don't know if I'll buy this. The other thing I noticed is that Megatron requires two (2) support stands - one on that giant scope of an arm-cannon. Do you guys see that?
    Dingleberry! It's a friggin' in-progress prototype, those stands tell us nothing at this point.

The other thing is that this figure is not the final painted version (I hope) and I'm waiting for closer pictures and such.
    This isn't a painted prototype, it's clay-gray and still in progress.

The same thing as G1 Skywarp, Thundercracker, Thrust, Ramjet, and Dirge.
    I never owned ANY seekers.

Chaddy, thanks for confirming the saddest news possible.

Tycho, you're the only person I know who has read the script that doesn't think it's woefully thin.

Dom, sorry man, you know in your heart this will be bad on every level.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Can I ask a stupid question?

No?

Well, I'm asking anyway.

Where did the term "Seekers" to describe the original six Decepticon Jets originate?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Apparently it's fan-derived, perhaps from offhand comments in a catalog: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seekers_(Transformers)

---

TF Movie alt modes:
    http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

They look alright, nothing super amazing though.

---

As well as the on-sale SWTF Millennium Falcon, I picked up the Classics Optimus vs Megatron 2pack at TRU yesterday. The set has an unholy amount of twisties and clearbands, getting them out of the box was epic. I haven't watched the DVD yet. The molds have some clever ideas, but the execution on them both is extremely lacking. Optimus de-transforms in both modes too easily, and actually comes apart due to the pegs holding the waist on being very shallow. Megatron's left arm can pop off during transformation, and his right gimmick arm is somewhat floppy. Another complaint I have is that the sculpting isn't as tight as other entries in this line, the biggest annoyance being Prime's cartoony face with giant eyes and silver paint above the mask all the way up to the brow, it takes some getting used to. And I just can't get past Op's alt mode, it feels small and unfinished. Prime's gimmick is ridiculous, push in the plunger and his whole upper body spins around like a top, and it doesn't lock down when it's done spinning, it just spins loosely until you pull the plunger back out till the lock tab engages.

Truck mode is not worth mentioning again except to say it's a sad affair. Transformation is a little more creative than expected, even using springs to move a couple pieces around, but the tolerances on some pieces makes it not quite lovely. Optimus in bot mode is like a little wannabe Masterpiece version, it lifts a lot of its look from that, so it's pretty lean and heroic. He's got pretty decent articulation, no waist articulation but you can fudge some poses by turning the upper torso. His upper leg joints are a tad loose but the rest is tight. There's a little hole sculpted above each eye, and each eye has a pupil indented into the middle. His gun is pretty nifty, transforming from a gun emplacement into a rifle. They painted small Autobot logos on each forearm, there's a big blank spot for one on his upper left shoulder but they passed it up.

Megatron's tank mode is narrow but otherwise solid and pretty nifty, it's filled in well, the turret rotates, and the main gun elevates. Transformation is good, no gimmicky stuff like Op but not as simple as him either, and the parts lock down very well (minus the gimmick hand, of course) - when the left arm doesn't pop off. Megs' bot mode is not as slick and iconic as Op but is held together better and pretty tough-looking overall. Megs is about half a head shorter than Prime, yet a tad bulkier. Megatron's head is classic stuff, the bucket helmet isn't oversized this time, and he's got a fairly neutral-to-mean face rather than being over-the-top. I wouldn't mind the collar around his head so much if it were green rather than tan. Megs has good articulation, including real waist articulation.

Well, I've covered everything I can think of. I'd say this set isn't a total washout, it does have an iconic-looking Optimus Prime and Megs is alright, if you have patience and a little care you might dig it, but there are enough drawbacks that it definitely isn't for everybody. Grade: C

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Transformer Movie Alt Modes Complaint Form.

I, Tycho certify that these suck for the following reasons:

(and am consequently very glad I collect Alternators!)

1) Barricade could've so easily used the Alternator Wheeljack tooling with added police lights and a different head. From the plastic wheels up, this appears like it could be a travesty, and not that making it transform into a Bionicle would be any better, its robot will doubtfully look anything like Barricade in the movie.

2) I didn't know the GAR Clone TurboTank was in the Transformers movie? Will this transform into Han Solo or Chewbacca? OH! It's Bonecrusher? Hmmm. Well did he get Order 66 from Palpatine or Megatron?

3) Look kids! It's Brawl - the first tank smaller than a Ford Mustang. He even has iguana guards on his front end in case any salamanders get in his way! Am I the only one who wants something larger than a Masterpiece Edition for Brawl before I'd buy?

4) BumbleBee - the hero of the movie! This looks like the 1974 version of him, so we know Hasbro will market that AND the 2007 version of him. This will illustrate not only greed and avarice in marketing, but the production history of the Chevorlet Camarro. You knew it was going to happen, but since they have the Chevorlet Corvette license with the Alternators, let's see a 2007 BumbleBee with rubber tires, working steering yoke, opening doors and hood with engine, etc. This will also not transform to look like BionicleBee, but aside from him not being Alternator quality, he'll wind up looking better with his car kibble than Michael Bay's signature on him. By the way, if you wait for the clearance sales by After-Christmas Sales 2007, there will be autographed Michael Bay carded figures.

5) Jazz always looks cool. It's not an Alternator though. I'll stick with my "Meister" figure, thanks. Did Hasbro buy back the rights to the name Jazz now or something? What do you think? The $7-10 price range? Or are they going to charge $20 - and this is what we'll get for it?

6) Scorponok? So what's his excuse? He's not a Transformer. He doesn't transform into anything. He might be just the right size to go with my Alternators however, though a realistic mechanical scorpion that looks like an earth-scorpion would be the size of a gear shifter in one of my Alternators.

Scorps might be the only one of these I'd buy. That's not to say I don't like the looks or the vehicle designs, and that the robots likely look better than they do in the actual movie.

but....

a) I'd prefer realistic scale differences
    b) I'd prefer rubber tires and Alternator detail
    c) I'd buy Masterpiece sizes where appropriate (Brawl, Blackout - not shown, etc)
    d) I'll buy one version of BumbleBee, the 2007 Camarro

I'll think of more creative criticism and post it later.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    1) Barricade could've so easily used the Alternator Wheeljack tooling with added police lights and a different head. From the plastic wheels up, this appears like it could be a travesty, and not that making it transform into a Bionicle would be any better, its robot will doubtfully look anything like Barricade in the movie.
    1) Alternators are not kid-friendly, which is important for this line. 2) The Alt Wheeljack/Grimlock mold is not a Saleen Mustang, the Saleen version is different enough to warrant it.

2) I didn't know the GAR Clone TurboTank was in the Transformers movie? Will this transform into Han Solo or Chewbacca? OH! It's Bonecrusher? Hmmm. Well did he get Order 66 from Palpatine or Megatron?
    It reminds me a lot of a Beast Machines figure, Strika, but more plasticky.