Page 199 of 582 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5812
    I dunno why, but that doesn't work for me at all, the concept doesn't seem to translate to these kinds of robots I guess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Awww, you don't think RH Ravage is so adowable? He's so cute and cuddwy!

No?

You are dead to me, JT.

You stinking DoomBot.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i guess i will be collecting one of the new TF lines, after all. thanks for the link to the pics of the Robot Heroes!

I honestly have little desire for any of the movie product. Bring on MPE Skywarp!

I'm debating whether I'll go for that Alternator Hot Rod (Mirage repaint) - probably not though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Toys R Us had the sneak preview figures today (protoforms).

I've finished reading the prequel novel, so the tie-in half tempted me. But I didn't buy.

They are smaller than I thought they'd be. But Optimus Prime looks like a great action figure with nice paint detail and still manages an "Optimus" look about him somehow. I'm not crazy about turning him into a Rock Lord, but the robot is cool.

Starscream is not so ingenious, more kibble when a robot, and not great paint or color choices. I think his bronze color was chosen entirely to differentiate him from Prime by way of color. Anyway, if they never make any more of these protoform toys, they might have already made too much. TRU had probably 9-12 pegs of these characters alone. I wonder if they'll wind up having them until next Christmas. Even if the movie does brilliantly, kids are going to want the mainstream looks for these characters. However, it is a chance to get Prime and Starscream at a cheaper pricepoint.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Oh man, my local TRU had a solid WALL of these - way to fail Hasbro, case after case of just 2 figures, and they aren't even in the movie! It was sad and painful to see all those figures there, so I bought them out of curiosity and pity.

These are turdbots, they turn into doody, and it's entirely fair to call them Rock Lords because, like the GoBots Rock Lords, these are mostly shell kibble and the limbs just fold into a vague shape, it's not even an honest transformation.

Tycho, you're completely wrong about the kibble on Starscream, Prime is the one who is really suffering kibble in bot mode while Starscream is far and away the one better off. Prime's backpack/cape/kibble is way bigger and sticks out further, his waist kibble has those big wings, it's shameless. Starscream has a smaller cape/kibble thing and only a buttplate of kibble.

Both figures suffer greatly from poor color choices, though Starscreams is more roboty and fits better with his movie colors. Prime's light blue with silver is very "ungood", it makes him look very plasticky and bland and monotone. The orange translucent plastic on both is cloudy but just clear enough to lightpipe, this looks good on Screamer and bad on Prime.

Both share the same basic cheap transformation and alt mode, though Prime's alt mode looks more like a comet, turd, and even like a head than Screamer who is more angular and pointy and has wings here and there. Prime's supposed to remind one of a truck, it has the details but I think they translate more as a face (as I mentioned above); Screamer's got jet turbines. Neither transformation is anything more than folding arms back and legs up and back. Screamer gets a clever auto-transform head transformation by folding the shoulders forward, Prime gets bupkis.

I wish we had gotten the prototype Screamer head shown on the package, it's much less lame than this mouthy doofus-looking thing. Prime's face is so tiny it's like they're going for something else entirely, but they have just enough of the overall shape to prove it's Optimus.

Screamer's detailing is all straight and pointy and robo. Optimus has some weird pseudo-organic curves that really detract from the "robo" of him and I don't like it at all, the gun and the shoulders are the worst of this. Neither look all that much like the crazy piecey characters from the movie which I find strange. Both have actual "hands" rather than normal fists, and it's a mixed bag. Their guns each have charms, the blast elements don't, and Screamer's missile seems like the odd man out - I wish they had just stuck with blaster cannons on his shoulders, he doesn't seem like Starscream when he's holding a pistol.

Bot modes both suffer weak hip joints which is a shame because they're basically just good for background figure fodder who should just stand there and fill out the ranks as generic Cybertronians. Articulation is alright, basically the same stuff we've come to enjoy lately, but Screamer has this horrible shoulder design with a ball joint that hangs down - he can raise his arms to straight in front of him, but it's an awkward affair the entire time.

All in all, these are kinda "eh" and don't really seem like they fit in the movie realm.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you must be talking about Los Feliz TRU's wall of protoforms. i was speechless when i saw that.

Well I'm glad I own stock in Hasbro and not Toys R Us. Meanwhile, what was TRU thinking?

They probably thought the case contained more than just 2 characters.

It is May 5. The movie is not for exactly 2 months now. That (and June 2nd when the mainline releases) is when the sales will start to move. Who knows if they'll move for the Rock Lords, though.

That being said, in the packaging, they still look like cool figures. But they're not part of the Transformers I'm interested in collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, you must be talking about Los Feliz TRU's wall of protoforms. i was speechless when i saw that.
    You know it! Oh man was that horrific to see, like you I was in shock when it hit my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Well I'm glad I own stock in Hasbro and not Toys R Us. Meanwhile, what was TRU thinking?
    Overordered? Actually, I bet Hasbro conned them into taking them and agreed to eat the leftovers (which there will be many).

They probably thought the case contained more than just 2 characters.
    No chance in hell, just not possible, if they were that stupid they wouldn't have gotten out of the '90s. The execs in charge of that sort of ordering are on the ball with that stuff, nobody would order this much without knowing what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That (and June 2nd when the mainline releases)
    Movie toys have already been found in the US and Canada.