Page 200 of 582 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5814
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You know it! Oh man was that horrific to see, like you I was in shock when it hit my eyes.
    Well, i stopped by today and it doesn't seem like they've sold a single one. to boot, they have one of those mini island endcap additions where a ton of the protoforms are hanging.

This isn't toy related but still perhaps of interest to everyone who reads this thread. Target has a black autobot insignia shirt now for 9.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Movie toys have already been found in the US and Canada.
    I know. But my local stores have followed the street date on those (if they have them in the back).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

These are turdbots, they turn into doody
    That has to be one of the greatest quotes I have ever seen. Kudos to you JT.

I saw these things at Target last week. Man, how horrid they look....just horrid.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Well, i stopped by today and it doesn't seem like they've sold a single one. to boot, they have one of those mini island endcap additions where a ton of the protoforms are hanging.
    They added MORE of them? That's insane! All this junk will be good for in a month is scrap plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    That has to be one of the greatest quotes I have ever seen. Kudos to you JT.
    Thank you, thank you, but really, the credit has to go to Hasbro for making them look like robot feces.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thank you, thank you, but really, the credit has to go to Hasbro for making them look like robot feces.
    That's funny. Here I thought they turned into Michael Bay's feces. Wouldn't robot feces have alt forms that were more logical?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The LA Times had a short article on the TF film this past sunday and Mr. Bay claims to have spent a lot of time looking at TF toys. obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The LA Times had a short article on the TF film this past sunday and Mr. Bay claims to have spent a lot of time looking at TF toys. obviously not.
    All this bitterness simply because the movie designs don't match the designs from our childhood. So what? If these had come first, would you complain as much?

Frankly, I've given in. The trailers look awesome and if I'm being honest with myself, they could transform in place and throw things at each other for two hours and I'd still buy popcorn and consider it time well spent.

Quitchabellyachin' and embrace Transformers as they will be in this new medium.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

i don't expect them to mirror G1 designs or even Cybertron designs but as it's been pointed out many a time on this thread, there's just too many jagged pieces and exposed wiring on the robot modes.

Optimus Prime's face / headsculpt is a Transformers icon the same way Darth Vader's is to Star Wars. This is a perfect comparison.

If Lucas had altered Vader's appearance in E3 when Anakin first gets the mask (and he quite realistically could have said that in 19 years, Vader has time to make some changes, there would have been bloody hell to pay.

Perhaps the audience for Transformers is quite a bit smaller than for Star Wars, but with these characters, especially Optimus Prime and to a lesser extent Megatron and Starscream, they need to be treated right.

What if the Fett's didn't wear T-visor helmets in the prequels? Added to Vader having a proto-look?

Alright then. DO NOT F WITH THE TRANSFORMERS!

BumbleBee is a bit too C-3PO, but I can sort of live with it.

Ironhide is - well I don't know. Hopefully I won't have to look at him a lot in this picture.

Ratchet's alright. I actually like the neon green change and he's interesting as a Hummer.

Jazz is almost the traditional Jazz.

But Starscream has proportions like he's Optimus Primal. I expect him to swing from trees and take a girl in his hands and climb the Empire State Building. Not to mention he has Shrapnell's or Bombshell's face instead of his own.

Megatron looks like The Predator's long lost nanny droid. I expect him to say, "S..t happens" and Arnold Schwarzeneggar to come along and blow him up while Danny Glover steals his cannon.

Optimus has flames. Why? Because they couldn't also get Rodimus in this movie?

The rest of the Decepticons are knock-off characters and it doesn't really matter what happens to them. But Frenzy is a knock-off of General Grievous. He'll have to say, "You're a bold one, General Prime. Well, army or not, you are doomed!"

There are things that look like they're going to be way cool - the Prime vs. Bonecrusher fight, for example. I think the movie has a 50% chance of being a hit with me. Where my pre-screening complaints lie are obvious though.