Page 201 of 578 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5779
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Optimus Prime's face / headsculpt is a Transformers icon the same way Darth Vader's is to Star Wars. This is a perfect comparison.
    Not quite perfect. Good, and I get your point, but there's a long history of Optimus having different looks over the years.

Mostly, I just wouldn't expect them to model a film character after an old toy or a design from a not so great '80s cartoon. It shouldn't be a big shock that they're trying to really push the complex detail thing here.
    plasticfetish.net

My friend had seasons 1 & 2 of the 80's cartoon on DVD from an earlier release. I also own the 86 movie of course. Now it's my opinion, but one that's widely shared amongst near 30-something fans - that this cartoon WAS so great. I'd say I only had '84-'87 to be into Transformers and then it was baseball and girls, and the usual transitions one gets into as they get out of elementary school and head towards Junior High School and playing in your room with your toys gives way to a larger world.

There were 2 things happening with Transformers at that time - the coolness of some metal parts and rubber tires and realistic designs were giving way to neon colored stuff out of someone's twisted imagination (Some additions like Slugslinger, Misfire, Springer, Hot Rod, Kup, etc. were cool - but it started getting way out of hand and further and further away from what was introduced by the after-school cartoon I entered the hobby for (as Star Wars faded out of the public's consciousness for a while). So I let it all go as I turned to growing up.

I don't know that the neon stuff, the HeadMasters, Target Masters, Beast Wars and Beast Machines and all that stuff held a good audience. I was out of the scene by that point. But all of us had wanted a live-action movie made with machines or models, or whatever they had to do (this is before CGI was really perceived of course).

The hope was for them to do the original, traditional. That is why whatever incarnations of Prime came later or whatever - they were never Prime to me.

I hope I have continued to explain this well. I suspect I represented other people's similar sentiments too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't know that the neon stuff, the HeadMasters, Target Masters, Beast Wars and Beast Machines and all that stuff held a good audience. I was out of the scene by that point. But all of us had wanted a live-action movie made with machines or models, or whatever they had to do (this is before CGI was really perceived of course).

I hope I have continued to explain this well. I suspect I represented other people's similar sentiments too.
    yes and no. it's been stated/argued on this thread so i know i'm not the only one that feels that Beast Wars is the greatest TF animated show (and incidentally is what got me back into TF's). never mind the animation, which i feel still holds up pretty well, none of the other series can match it in terms of storytelling.

i can't say i ever wanted a live action movie, however.

That is why whatever incarnations of Prime came later or whatever - they were never Prime to me.
    Don't get me wrong, I fully understand and appreciate the iconic significance of the "classic" Optimus Prime. It's just that I think it would be very corny for them to go and do a live version of the old cartoon. What made it fun to watch was the originality... and now we're a few years past that, so there needs to be something a little different on the big screen.
    plasticfetish.net

Yeah, here's the other version:
    http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...C7471ADAA8ADCB
    I have press access to that, but friggin' 7 in the morning, I usually wake up around 10-11. And it's not like the building hasn't been covered for a while neither. I still haven't decided if I'm going.

I received yesterday the movie Optimus Prime leader class figure so I can review it for ActionFigs.com, that'll probably be tomorrow or Friday, but I am shocked to tell you that, while not much of a representation of the movie character, it's a surprisingly decent figure.

I just heard that Alternators Ravage doesn't have turning front wheels or opening trunk & hood - what the hell?!? How is that even an Alternator then?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I just heard that Alternators Ravage doesn't have turning front wheels or opening trunk & hood - what the hell?!? How is that even an Alternator then?
    You are correct. I just like Ravage anyway. I'm really glad I have him. I'm not sure how you'd define "Alternator" but you make a good point. A charactersitic of all the others (save for Hound on the turning wheels, but his are "shock absorbant") is not descriptive of Ravage.

Yet even before they made him I was saying how cool it would be to have a Jaguar [FONT="Arial Narrow"]TM[/FONT] that turned into a jaguar.

So I got what I wanted for the most part. I also think sleek black sports cars look cool - but it's a %@!#% to keep it clean regardless of whether it's supposed to be an Alternator or if it's the real thing.

Anyway, I'll be interested to read what you write for a review on ActionFigs on the Leader Class Prime. Here's the challenge: CONVINCE ME to buy it. As it stands, I'm not planning on purchasing movie figures.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i would go to that event but then i'd be late for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Movie toys have already been found in the US and Canada.
    Well, it's even closer than you think if you're in Texas. I actually found the entire first wave of movie deluxes at a target in New Braunfels (between Austin and San Antonio) earlier this evening. I didn't have the cash to buy all the ones I wanted but I did get bumblebee, wreckage, and Brawl. Overall I really like them as toys. Bumblebees feet just plain suck though.
    Looking forward to Blackout and Ironhide.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw View Post
    at a target in New Braunfels
    Near the Snake Farm? (Can't Resist.)
    plasticfetish.net